Boat History Report
Check Your Credit
ONE OWNER, SLIP TRANSFERABLE, BEAUTIFUL, LOW HOURS ON TWIN DIESELS and on GENERATOR - Fueled up and ready to go to the islands ~ ! ... Just bring the groceries!
These models were built using the more modern technology of molded fiberglass for the house and deck - as well as the hull. The enclosed aft deck is HUGE - and all throughout the boat, there's a generous use of beautiful teak cabinetry and woodwork that adorns this little yacht. This yacht is customed-designed at the factory by its original owner ... & he continues to maintain her at a high level that shows true pride of ownership. A Must See!
Get a shipping quote
|Fuel ||Diesel||Hull Material ||Fiberglass|| |
|Beam ||13 ft 2 in||Max Draft ||3 ft 8 in|| |
|Horsepower (total) ||410||Engine Make ||Perkins|| |
|Engine Model ||Turbo fwc||Engine Year ||1986|| |
|Cruising Speed ||12.0||Fuel Capacity ||380 gal|| |
|Length at Waterline ||32 ft 4 in||Length Overall ||39 ft 2 in|| |
|Cabin Headroom ||6 ft 6 in||Number of Heads ||2|| |
|Holding Tank Size ||50 gal||Water Capacity ||300 gal|| |
|Number of Berths ||2||Number of Engines ||2|| |
|Max Bridge Clearance ||12 ft 7 in|| || || |
For Sale by
Name Dale Bristol
Day Phone (310) 831-9500
Displacement: 22,800 (est)
Total Power: 200 hp
Cruising Speed: 12-14 kts
Max Speed: 16 - 18 kts
Fuel: 380 gal in 3 Alum tanks
Fresh Water: 300 gal in 2 SS tanks
Holding: 20 &30 gal (2) tank FRP
This is a 3 cabin, 2 stateroom model, down galley, aft sundeck with flybridge.
The forward cabin sleeps two in two bunks, and the Master stateroom aft sleeps two very comfortably in a queen-sized centerline berth. Each cabin has it's own enclosed marine head and shower - each with its own holding tank. The guest head is forward, with shared access to the galley. The Master head is in-suite with a separate stall shower. Both heads are unusually roomy for this size vessel. The main salon has a light open and roomy feel to it. There is ample storage all along the port and stb sides, and a very nice large window which looks out on the aft deck. The rest of the main salon windows are opening types with screens and curtains.
The aft deck has a fiberglass 'hardtop' and the storage cradle for the dinghy is located there. The aft deck is enclosed with canvas and isenglass and opening 'wing doors' which provide access to the side decks leading forward. The aft boarding ladder is center-mounted and leads down to a fiberglass swimstep. The enclosed aft deck is itself a real focal point, and an extremely comfortable place to hang out and watch the world go by...!
- Queen berth in aft cabin
- L-shaped seating in main salon
- (2) electric marine toilets
- Hot/cold pressure water
- "TANKWATCH" holding tank monitoring system
- (2) single bunks in fwd guest cabin
- (2) private enclosed marine heads w/showers
- Master cabin has an in-suite bath and stall shower
- Table seating for 8 on aft deck
- Flybridge seating for 8
- (2) H/C showers
This layout is the 'down galley' model; with a roomy dinette opposite to port, and a sit-down breakfast bar. All of the woodwork is hand-crafted teak, and beautifully done. The cabin sole is a herringbone design teak and holly inlay - just beautiful!
- 10 gal water heater 110v AC
- Plenty of counter space, pantry, and deep dry storage.
- 110V Princess 3-burner stove / oven
- Double stainless steel sink w/ pressure h/c water
- NORCOLD refrigerator/freezer ac/dc
- PANASONIC "Little Chef" Microwave oven
All the electronics have been professionally installed, using LCD screens.
- ROBERTSON autopilot
- FURUNO RADAR 1700
- SEAMAP "NT" GPS/Plotter
- FISHFINDER XCD 550
- ICOM M80 VHF ship's radio
- BENNET trim tabs
- JENSEN AM/FM/CASSETTE stereo system with indoor and outdoor speakers
- SONY TV and Marine adjustable antenna
The entire vessel is wired throughout for 12v DC and 110v AC through a fused breaker panel; including a 110v AC diesel generator, and a 12v DC~110v AC inverter, providing the unrestricted availability of electrical power anywhere, anytime.
- (4) 8-D BATTERIES - new 1 yr old
- (1) starting battery dedicated for the generator
- (2) 200 AMP Charging Alternators
- Battery selector switches
- Circuit Shore Power
- WESTERBEKE 5.5 KW marine diesel generator - less than 100 hours!
- 12v DC lighting
- 110V AC lighting and electrical outlets
Deck & Mechanical
The late 80's produced boats out of Taiwan using the same hand-laid, molded fiberglass construction that was used in building the hull. This solved the common problem of deck delamination and the resulting dry rot caused by water infusion; eliminating the leaking that occured in the previous models that used plywood construction for the deck and house. The deck is molded non-skid; and the teak that is applied to the deck of the SunRise 40 is decorative only; and since the deck is fiberglass, there is less chance of leaking - a significant improvement over previous construction techniques - and considerably more costly to build. This type of construction also made the deck-to-hull joint stronger - creating a better boat overall.
- Perkins 200 hp fresh water-cooled diesel engines - only 505 hours!
- 5 KW Westerbeke diesel Generator
- Hydraulic transmissions
- Bennet hydraulic trim tabs
- Hydraulic steering
- Hard top fiberglass covered aft "California" deck - with full canvas enclosure
- Dinghy storage above aft deck
- Reinforced fiberglass, load-bearing hard top for aft deck
- Boarding ladder
- SS railing full length of the boat
- Dbl SS railing and rigid wind skirting around aft deck railing
- MAXWELL - NILSSON capstan style electric windlass
- Spare props
Maintenance and Miscellaneous
Extensive and Expensive - Major Preventative Maintenance has been done on this boat in preparation for sale: rarely do we see this kind of attention to condition and preparation for sale on an owner's vessel. Pride of ownership has continued to the great benefit of her new owner. The owner made a lot of improvements and had a lot of preventative maintenance items done - Such items as pulling the prop shafts and having them inspected and balanced; ALL new 8-D batteries; new gaskets for opening cabinhouse ports, new varnish - all in addition to the basic maintenance program on the engines (which are like new) and many, many other details both large and small (like fresh bottom paint) in preparation for handing his boat over to its new owner. Though the owner continues to use his boat, and comes down every couple of weeks - he says that with the kids grown and gone, it's time to pass her on to a new family, a new home. Call today, and come see a fine example of a Quality yacht, and true pride of ownership.
- Regular, weekly wash-down service
- Monthly diver service
- Continuing regular use by the owner
- Professionally maintained
- Surveyed in preparation for sale
- Loads of improvements
- Preventative maintenance and preparation for sale, with details too numerous to list
- A real Treasure of a boat~!!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.