Boat History Report
Check Your Credit
In the water, price reduced
Don't let the age discourage you, this Alden 45 is in near new condition.
SECOND WIND is a well thought out and executed 45’ Alden capable of offshore cruising as well as afternoon sailing. SECOND WIND has two large cabins, one head, and a large stall shower. Sailing is easy with leisurefurl boom and electric halyard winch. She has always been professionally maintained to high standards, lightly used seasonally, and stored indoors. A condition survey was performed prior to going on the market.
"Simply a gorgeous sailing yacht in excellent condition built by one of America's finest boat yards."
There is alot to be said about purchaing a yacht in this type of condition. Not only will it be a head turner in every harbor and something you are proud to own, but the maintenance is less frequent on a boat that has had a consistent history of care. It will be easier to keep up, which means you'll spend more time sailing and less time at the boat yard.
Get a jump on Spring with a boat that is ready to go.
Get a shipping quote
|Fuel ||Diesel||Hull Material ||Fiberglass|| |
|Hull Shape ||Monohull||Beam ||12 ft 6 in|| |
|Draft Board/Drive Up ||5 ft 9 in||Engine Make ||Westerbeke || |
|Engine Model ||63C||Engine Year ||1996|| |
|Fuel Capacity ||76 gal||Length at Waterline ||34 ft 6 in|| |
|Length Overall ||44 ft 10 in||Number of Heads ||1|| |
|Holding Tank Size ||20 gal||Water Capacity ||150 gal|| |
|Engine Hours ||1247||Number of Berths ||4|| |
|Number of Engines ||1|| || || |
For Sale by
27 Ramp Road
- Cored hull.
- Externally ballasted.
- Shoal draft fixed bulb keel.
- Spade rudder.
- Awlgripped hull.
- White bootstripe.
- Gold cove stripe.
- Molded non-skid.
- Varnished teak toe rails.
- Varnished teak handrails.
- Varnished teak eyebrow trim.
- (3) Varnished teak dorade boxes (two with storage within).
- (3) Stainless steel dorades with guards.
- Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and port/starboard gates.
- Bow rail with varnished teak seat.
- Stern rail with integrated fold down boarding ladder with teak steps.
- Double anchor roller.
- Anchor rode locker.
- Lazerette watertight hatch aft.
- Edson rail mount for outboard.
- Outboard hoist crane.
- Cherry bulkheads with satin varnish.
- Cherry trimwork with gloss varnish.
- Teak and holly varnished sole.
- Bomar opening portlights.
- Bomar overhead hatches.
- Fabric covered overhead with teak accent battens.
- Large V-berth with insert.
- Cherry hull sheathing.
- Opening overhead hatch with custom drop down screen.
- Two six foot shelves with fiddles.
- Two reading lights.
- Access to chain locker.
- Storage drawers and boot lockers below berth.
- Dresser to starboard including fiddled top, cabinet outboard, drawer, and cupboard below.
- To port large hanging locker.
- Mirror on back of door.
- (2) Bomar opening portlights.
- Located aft of V-berth to starboard.
- Corian countertop.
- Single ss sink.
- Pressurized Hot/cold water.
- Manual fresh water foot pump.
- Cabinets outboard with mirrors and storage within.
- Manual head.
- Storage below sink.
- 110 AC outlet.
- (2) Towel racks.
- Large hanging locker opposite head.
- Built in dresser with storage outboard and drawer.
- L-shaped settee to starboard with pull out section to make double.
- Storage outboard to starboard with louvered doors and a fiddled shelf between.
- Large centerline double-leaf dinette table with fore/aft sliding mechanism.
- Settee to port (pulls out) with outboard storage with louvered/solid doors.
- Three opening portlights, three fixed portlights.
- Opening overhead hatch with custom drop down screen.
- Flat screen TV mounted on forward bulkhead.
- Located to starboard at bottom of companionway stairs.
- U-shaped with deep double ss sink on inboard leg.
- Refridgerator and 3-burner stove/oven on outboard leg.
- Engine access below sink.
- Corian counter tops.
- Manual foot pumps for fresh and salt water.
- Pressurized hot/cold water.
- Plenty of storage in drawers, sliding outboard lockers, cabinets, etc.
- Built in area aft of stove for mugs/cups.
- Located to port opposite galley.
- Forward facing.
- Battery storage below seat.
- Inlaid table top.
- Charting surface wraps around outboard with storage liftups forward and outboard.
- Nav tool storage.
- Separate stall shower located aft of the galley to starboard.
- Teak grated floor.
- Wet hanging locker aft.
- Outboard storage locker.
- Opening hatch above.
- Located to port aft of nav station.
- Louvered door hanging locker.
- Built in dresser with outboard louvered cabinet, drawer below, and boot locker.
- Large double berth extends under cockpit.
- (2) Opening portlights into cockpit.
- Small overhead opening hatch.
- Large storage area aft above berth (cedar lined).
- Outboard 4’ shelf with fiddle.
- Reading light.
- Westerbeke 63 C Four Cylinder Fresh water cooled marine diesel. (1247 hours)
- Westerbeke engine manual with RPM/Volts/Oil/Temp in the cockpit and Oil/Temp repeaters at the nav station.
- Hurth transmission.
- Three-bladed Max prop.
- 1 ¼” stainless steel shaft.
- PSS dripless stuffing box.
- Groco sea strainer.
- Racor external fuel/water separator.
- Sound/heat insulated engine compartment.
- Espar diesel fired cabin heater.
- Manual Skipper Head
- 20 Gallon Plastic Holding Tank.
- Y-Valve with Macerator pump.
- Direct overboard, deck pump out, or macerator holding tank overboard discharge.
- Hot water heater (engine heat exchanger and 110 AC).
- Pressurized Hot/cold water.
- Cockpit shower.
- Force 10 gimbaled three burner stove and oven.
- Panasonic Microwave.
- Glacier Bay Refrigeration.
- Foot pumps for fresh and salt water.
- Pressurized hot and cold water.
- LPG system with (2) 20# aluminum tanks. (Tanks new 2009)
- Xintex LPG detector and electric solenoid shutoff (at nav station)
- Wheel steering with wire and quadrant on the rudder post.
- Salt water anchor washdown at bow.
- 12 Volt DC system.
- 110 AC system (outlets, microwave, hotwater heater, battery charger, inverter).
- Bass AC/DC Circuit breaker panel.
- (4) Group 31 Gel Batteries.
- Newmar 45-Amp battery charger.
- Heart 130-Amp battery charger.
- Engine mounted alternator with external voltage regulator.
- Heart 2500 Watt Inverter.
- 50’ 30amp shore power cord.
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION
- (2) Raymarine C120 units at helm and nav station. (2009)
- Simrad AP24 Autopilot (control heads at helm and nav station.) (2009)
- Icom IC-M604 VHF. (2009)
- Icom IC-M700 Pro SSB. (2009)
- Raymarine ST60 tri-data depth/speed (above companionway). (2009)
- Raymarine ST60 Wind (above companionway). (2009)
- Raymarine ST60+ Wind (above companionway). (2009)
- Raymarine ST60+ Graphic (above companionway). (2009)
- Raymarine ST60+ Graphic (nav station) (2009)
- Ritchie Globemaster Compass
- Jensen Flat screen color television. (2009)
- Jessen AM/FM with CD/DVD. (2009)
- Teak cockpit sole.
- EDSON steering pedestal with NavPod Grand Prix holding chartplotter.
- Stainless steel destroyer type wheel with Elkhide.
- Large sail locker to starboard.
- Storage bag for three varnished companionway drop boards.
- Varnished teak coaming cap.
- Instruments above companionway (see electronics list).
- Mainsheet runs to starboard cabintop.
- Varnished teak cup holder.
- Varnished teak folding cockpit table with two leaves and cover.
- Dual engine controls.
- Ritchie Globemaster compass.
- Dodger with aft elkhide coverd grabrail. (2009)
- Bimini with connector. (2009)
- Lockers under helm seat.
- Winch pockets with ss trim.
- Molded outboard seats.
SPARS & RIGGING
- Keel stepped Aluminum double spreader mast.
- Navtec rod rigging.
- Leisurefurl Boom. (2009)
- Harken MKII headsail furler.
- Harken mainsheet traveler.
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Forespar carbon fiber whisker pole.
- Forespar boom vang.
- Masthead mounted Windex.
- Stainless steel chainplates.
- Inboard and outboard genoa tracks.
- Removable inner forestay.
- (2) Lewmar #66 self-tailing primaries.
- (2) Lewmar #46 self-tailing secondaries.
- (1) Lewmar #46 self-tailing electric (cabin top). (2009)
- (1) Lewmar #44 self-tailing (cabin top).
- (4) Lewmar #44 self-tailing (mast).
- Mainsail – Doyle – Spectra Dacron (2009).
- Working Jib – North – Dacron – 95% high cut.
- #1 Genoa – Pineapple Sails – light use.
- Gennaker – North - .75 oz w/snuffer.
- Storm jib/Storm Tri-sail – Dacron – Heavy Duty – Hank on - Unused.
- Main: 45 lb CQR anchor with chain rode.
- Secondary: Danforth with chain and nylon rode.
- Fortress FX 37 anchor.
- Lewmar Windlass with up/down foot switches.
- Emergency tiller.
- Electric bilge pump with auto float switch.
- Manual bilge pump mounted in cockpit.
- (2) Type IV horseshoe rings.
- Life jackets.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Radar reflector.
- Rail mounted Magma grill.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Custom Contact Information
Contact Bob Marston in Newport at 401-474-1275 or email email@example.com