With a good speed at all points of sail, very responsive to the helm and easy to handle, the Surprise owes its outstanding success to its exceptional marine qualities. First produced in 1977, its reputation has spread throughout Europe where there are now more than 1500 of these boats.
- 5 horse power recommended long stroke engine
- Sectional and hinged motor mountings in aluminium
- 9 horse power IB motor, saildrive, with duck-bill propellor
- Wooden motor cover forms part of companionway
- 25 litre fuel tank
- Double berth towards the bow
- Stainless steel mast stanchion
- Port and starboard cupboard space
- Single berths in the saloon with storage space underneath
- Lateral lockers in polyester
- Watertight storage lockers in the cockpit
- Wooden companionway
- Battery housing (delivery without the battery)
- Circuit cut-out device
- Six way fuse box
- Three coloured navigation lights on masthead.
- White Hull in stratified monolithic polyester
with a topcoat ISO NPG.
- Light grey deck made in stratified polyester
sandwiched with balsa and felt to produce a non-slip surface.
- Stratified floor within the hull, white polyester interior mouldings.
- Rudder made of stratified polyester
with a stainless steel support.
- Keel made of cast iron covered with epoxy resin.
- Two stainless steel lifting rings (fixed keel version only).
- D 380 companionway hatch, glued lateral side lights,
plexiglass sliding cover.
- Saloon type entry door in white Komacell
- Storage compartments in cockpit closed by 500 x 500 cover.
- Forward anchor storage compartment.
- Tidy space for oddments under the hatch.
- Safety railings, fore and aft 45cm.
- Four reinforced stanchions with wires and webbing
- Forestay and mainstay secured with stainless steel fittings.
- AMIOT ball bearing guides for jib and mainsail,
- RONSTAN ball bearing pulley blocks.
- Two LEWMAR 6 halyard winches
- Two LEWMAR 7 Genoa winches
- Two SPINLOCK triple self locking cleats
- Composite tiller with hinged stick
- 4 mooring cleats
- Aluminium mast placed on the deck with push-in crosspiece.
- Hinged mast base.
- Aluminium boom with two reef positions.
- Telescopic aluminium spinnaker pole (optional)
- Delivered with standard class sails : mainsail, genoa, solent.