Check Your Credit
This classic 85' Burger was designed by Jack Hargrave, an uncompromising naval architect with exceptional styling and interior space planning and built in 1965. The hull design is known for her sea keeping qualities and efficiency burning only 25 gallons per hour cruising at 12-13 knots.
SEA STAR is remarkably preserved having been owned by yachtsmen that maintained her in top condition. She was kept in a boathouse in Seattle's Lake Union from 1969 to 2007. Although she is ready to cruise and makes annual trips to the waters of British Columbia, this is an excellent candidate for a full restoration as all of her original doors, hatches, hardware and interior joiner work are original and her hull, engines and tanks are in very good condition.
Get a shipping quote
|Fuel ||Diesel||Hull Material ||Aluminum|| |
|Beam ||19 ft 8 in||Draft Board/Drive Up ||5 ft 6 in|| |
|Engine Make ||Caterpillar||Engine Model ||D343A|| |
|Fuel Capacity ||3000 gal||Length Overall ||85 ft|| |
|Holding Tank Size ||150 gal||Water Capacity ||1000 gal|| |
|Engine Hours ||5600||Number of Engines ||2|| |
For Sale by
Southern Yacht Sales/Expedition Yachts Intl.
Ben T. Snead
Fax: (252) 514-0177
- Teak deck with hatch into lazerette, boarding door aft port to swim step, and two doors forward port and starboard to aft salon area with large upholstered bench seating and entrance to master stateroom.
- Storage behind and underneath cushions for lines, fishing rods and tackle.
- Teak flag staff.
- Teak caprail.
Enclosed Aft Deck
- Two doors forward port and starboard entering from cockpit.
- Upholstered settee aft with opening screened window above.
- Teak dining table with six chairs.
- Teak decking.
- Varnished teak bar cabinet on forward bulkhead with sink and refridgerator.
- Chest freezer outboard to port.
- Heated and air conditioned.
- Three doors forward, one each port and starboard leading to walk-around side decks, and one forward leading to main salon.
- Varnished teak door aft starboard with separate screen door.
- Built in cabinet with fold out desk on aft bulkhead.
- Built in entertainment cabinet along starboard bulkhead below windows.
- Flat screen, stereo with two speakers, DVD and VHS players.
- Large sofa to port, with two comfortable chairs and ottoman.
- Coffee table.
- Seven windows, three each port and starboard and one aft portside allow unobstructed views while seated.
- Staircase port forward leading down aft to master and guest staterooms.
- Door starboard forward leading forward to galley, pilot house and crew's quarters.
- Two entrance doors, one each, port and starboard for cross ventilation and easy access from side decks.
- Large stainless counter top with built in double sink and one prep sink.
- Stainless refrigerator/freezer.
- 36” oven with cook top.
- Stainless microwave oven.
- Upper and lower cabinetry throughout.
- Two large opening screened sky lights.
- Galley is fully provisioned with all cookware and dishes.
- Staircase leading down from pilothouse.
- Forward crew quarters with bunks along starboard wall, chain locker centerline forward and three closets. Settee with table portside.
- Hatch for emergency egress tp foredeck with sky lights.
- Captain’s quarters located aft of forward crews quarters with large elevated bunk portside, and drawers beneath. Sink with medicine cabinet above.
- Crews head with sink, vanity, shower and linen locker located across hallway from captain’s quarters.
- Additional crew’s quarters aft and to port with two bunks, head and sink.
- 36 mile Furuno radar with 6’ array antenna
- 24 mile Furuno black box radar with 4’ array antenna.
- Two Furuno GPS.
- Two Icom VHF radios.
- Two Furuno depth sounders.
- 17” flat screen monitor with HP computer.
- Nobletec Admiral Suite navigation software.
- Simrad auto pilot
- Loud hailer.
Engines and Mechanical
- Main Engines:Twin CAT D343's with block heaters and dry stack exhaust systems.
- Transmissions: Twin Disc 318
- Stainless steel shafts with stuffing boxes.
- Propellers: 34” bronze
- Generators 15kw Kohler, 12kw Onan.
- Bow Thruster 18hp 220 Volt.
- Vosper Stabilizers with upgraded digital control box.
- Capstan with 350 feet of 5/8” stud link chain and 175 lb. Fjord anchor.
- Way Wolfe diesel boiler.
- Electric water heater (50 gallon).
- Air compressor with large storage tank.
- Kahlenberg air horn.
- Three bilge pumps (one mechanical) (two large DC electrical) with suctions in all compartments.
- Four diesel fuel tanks with total of 3150 gallon capacity.
- Three fresh water tanks with 1000 gallon capacity.
- 150 gallon black water tank.
- Headhunter pumps.
- Shore power 50 amp service.
- Large bank of house batteries (32volt) with inverter located in lazerette.
- Bank of 24 volt electronics and pump back up with inverter in engine room.
- Two banks of engine start batteries for mains.
- One bank of 12 volt batteries for radio back up power.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.