Check Your Credit
On one hand the 278 Bow Rider is a new boat, but on the other hand it is not. The brand has been well-known for years, but it is now under the ownership of KCS International, builders of Cruisers Yachts and Rampage Yachts. KCS has applied its own big-boat standards and engineering specs to the ten-model Cruisers Sport Series line and in the case of the 278 Bow Rider have made a good boat even better, placing it firmly in the premium category in terms of amenities, fit-and-finish, and the quality of equipment and materials used.
Mission Statement for the Cruisers Sports Series Brand
From a business standpoint the mission of the ten-boat Cruisers Sport Series line is to acquaint younger boaters with KCS's big boats down the line. When these owners are ready to graduate up to the cruising lifestyle they will be on a first name basis with the dealers, management, and products of Cruisers Yachts and Rampage Yachts. Obviously that is a long-term business strategy, but it is one that augurs well for the consumer. Which brings us to the second part of the KCS mission statement…
From a tactical standpoint the mission of the Cruisers Sports Series line is to impress beginning boaters with the quality and functionality of KCS boats as well as to acquaint consumers with KCS' customer-friendly culture.
Mission Statement for the 278 Bow Rider
The 278 Bow Rider is designed to be a luxurious, extremely comfortable bowrider that can be used in both freshwater and saltwater for all sorts of watersports activities. By creating a relatively high freeboard and deep cockpit the boat should be dry and little ones will be more secure. By outfitting the boat with upscale amenities the boat should appeal to those boaters that will one day may be ready to move into a classy express, such as the Cruisers Yachts 350 or Rampage 34.
With a 22-degree deadrise and weighing in at 5,380 lbs. (2,440 kgs.) dry the 278 Bow Rider should be one of the best riding boats on the market in choppy conditions at speed. By keeping the base MSRP down and providing an extensive option list, customers will be able to create a boat for their specific purpose, rather than get a boat where one-size-fits-all.
Five Standard Hull Color Choices-- Most builders still charge extra for colored hull gel coat. We think that colored hulls add immeasurably to enhancing the pride of ownership as well as to set the boat apart from the pack at the marina and on the used boat market when that time comes.
Self-draining Cockpit -- In our book, this is a biggie. While some other sportboats also have self-draining cockpits, many do not. We have seen too many boats sink at the dock after a prolonged hard rain as a result of a battery drained dead by a bilge pump.
Unusual Swim Platform Design -- The swim platform on the 278 Bow Rider is tapered inward at a 30-degree angle from the side of the boat which keeps the stern from hitting the dock when casting off going forward. It is also raised so that it doesn't drag when getting under way or when making a tight turn. The swim ladder has four steps and there is special "activity" lighting on the platform which looks cool at night.
Halogen Bow Docking Lights -- Coming home late can be problematical on a moon-less night. The builder has thought of that and made the lights standard on the 278.
Two Bilge Pumps -- Most sportboats have one, the 278 Bow Rider has two. One amidships rated at 750 gph and the other in the stern with a 1100 gph capacity.
Plush, Thick Seat Cushions -- One of the first things that stands out when seeing the 278 Bow Rider is the plush seating. We equate them to what one might find in an expensive automobile vs. those found on an economy model.
Standard Bimini and Canvas Covers -- All boats s
Get a shipping quote
|Fuel ||Gas/Petrol||Hull Material ||Fiberglass|| |
|Hull Shape ||Deep Vee||Beam ||8 ft 6 in|| |
|Max Draft ||3 ft 4 in||Draft Board/Drive Up ||1 ft 11 in|| |
|Dry Weight ||5380 lb||Max Seating Capacity ||14|| |
|Engine Make ||Volvo||Engine Model ||5.7 GXiC DPS|| |
|Engine Year ||2013||Fuel Capacity ||68 gal|| |
|Length Overall ||27 ft||Deadrise at Transom ||22°|| |
|Number of Engines ||1||Max Bridge Clearance ||5 ft 3 in|| |
For Sale by
625 Hwy 146
Fax: (832) 615-3047
- Bimini top & boot w/SST frame & trailering struts
- Bow & cockpit cover
Color (Hull & Canvas)
- Leading edge deck stripe
- Standard hull stripe
- Bow scuff plate
- Color coordinated composite deck vents
- Extended activity/swim platform
- Hull mounted recessed halogen docking lights
- LED activity platform lighting
- SST flush mount lift-up cleats
- SST grab rails
- SST rub rail insert
- SST ski tow
- SST telescoping 4-step bow ladder
- SST telescoping 4-step stern ladder
- Custom fog resistant gauges includes: tachometer, speedometer, volt, fuel, oil pressure, water temperature, trim & 12-volt accessory power plug
- Deluxe steering wheel
- Digital depth gauge
- Hour meter
- Jensen AM/FM/CD player w/MP3 port & 4 speakers
- Lighted rocker switches w/circuit breaker protection
- Power steering
- Simulated leather wrapped helm w/silver gauge panel
- Tilt wheel
- 12-gallon pressurized fresh water SST shower (stern)
- 750 GPH bilge pump w/electronic switching (mid ship)
- 1100 GPH bilge pump w/float switch (stern)
- Aft Convertible 3-position sunpad
- Battery disconnect switch
- Cockpit rope locker
- Composite seat cushions, bases & backs
- Dual open back helm seats w/suspension system & flip-up bolster
- Engine compartment task light
- Fiberglass non-skid cockpit w/overboard drains
- Head w/portlight
- Integrated 48-quart cooler
- iPod holder
- LED courtesy lights
- Lockable, water tight storage compartment
- SST cup holders (all drained outside storage compartments)
- SST latches (all hatch lids)
- SST windshield magnet
- Stain & scuff resistant vinyl
- Stern gate (SST w/pad & seat cushion)
- Stern storage locker
- Tower hook in head compartment
- Under floor storage w/mat liner
- Walk-thru transom
- Composite transom
- Limited ten-year hull and deck structural warranty
- NMMA certified
- Three-year hull blister warranty
- Premium gel coat- vibrant white armor plus
- Premium gel coat accent colors- imedge
- Stainless/composite thru hulls
- Sure-trac hull w/ hand laid high performance fiberglass
- One-year stem-to-stern components warranty
- Vinylester barrier coat below waterline- eliminates blistering
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.