Boat History Report
Check Your Credit
Priced to sell!
"DREAM CHASER" is a beautiful example of this very popular 41 DeFever. Being stabilized makes the ride smooth and easy, even in rolling seas! She has had constant upgrading under her current owners, 2010 complete Imron, 2013 AGM batteries, New Maraquip dingy davits, Stove with oven, Extended swim platform makes this boat truly ready to go. Come look. Her stabilized and economical operation makes her a rare find
Get a shipping quote
|Fuel ||Diesel||Hull Material ||Fiberglass|| |
|Engine Make ||Lehman||Engine Model ||6 cyl|| |
|Engine Year ||1981||Engine Hours ||4100|| |
|Number of Engines ||2|| || || |
For Sale by
322 Lakeside Dr
|LOA: 41'||Beam: 14'2"||Displacement: 33000|
|Engine(s): Twin Ford Lehman||Engine(s) HP: 120||Hours: 4100|
|Fuel: 400||Water: 250||Holding: 40|
The main salon of the DeFever 41 is entered from port or starboard side deck sliding doors. The salon is bright and airy, with large windows on 3 sides. The port and starboard windows have new neutral curtains and the window over the galley sink is opening. The galley, lower steering station, settee and dining table are all on this level. The settee cushions (navy blue) have new foam and new upholstery.
The dinette with L-shaped settee is to port and makes up the main seating for the cabin, complimented by a chair on the starboard side in front of the helm. The table tself is high gloss varnished teak, and is adjustable in height. Galley is in the aft, starboard and lowere helm is to satrboard as well.
3 Steps down moving forward is the guest cabin with private ensuite head. 3 steps down moving aft from the salon is the owner stateroom. It is a beautiful, well ventilated and cozy cabin with a queen size berth (new foam 2007) with full walk around. There are bookshelves and lots of storage spaces and drawers and a large hanging locker. The master head has a vanity with marble counter tops, head, and full size shower/tub! There is a sliding hatch and teak doors (with removable steps) leading to the aft deck. This arrangement provides great ventilation for the cabin and quick and easy access to the deck . The ports in the boat are all bronze and all opening.
The engine room is below the main salon deck and is conveniently accessed by removing any or all of three easily handled panels.
The quality of the teak and the joinery in the boat is exceptional. The teak is all varnished, and is a beautiful golden color. The laminate beams in the main salon are a handsome, traditional touch and the generous use of solid teak throughout is something you will not find in other boats in this price range. The teak interior is truly lovely, and gives a feeling of both sturdiness and elegance.
- Innerspring mattress in aft cabin ('07)
- Cabin upholstery & foam ('07)
- Cabin curtains ('07)
- Air conditioning - (2) 16,000 BTU units
- JVC 6-CD changer
- JVC AM/FM cassette with 4 speakers
The galley is U-shaped and well ventilated by its large opening window. The U-shape galley arrangement provides an incredible amount of storage and counter space.
- 110v S/S upright refrigerator w/top freezer
- Sharp microwave oven
- electric propane fuel shut off switch
- Double stainless sinks
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Propane stove with oven
- LOWER STATION electronics:
- Horizon VHF
- 3" Danforth compass
- Horizon DS135 Depthsounder ('03)
- Garmin 152 GPS ('02)
- Steaming light ('08)
- GPS chip Chesapeake to Nantucket ('08)
- Flybridge Electronics :
- Interphase Forward probe fishfinder
- Raymarine 650 autopilot w/remote & rudder angle indicator ('06)
- Raytheon R 10/11xx Radar ('05)
- Garmin 2010c Chart Plotter w/ chips ('03)
- Litton EPIRB
- 5" Danforth compass
- (6) TROJAN T-105 6 volt batteries ('08)
- (2) 50' Shore Power electric 120v cords
- Heavy duty battery links ACR CL series PN 7600 ('07)
- WESTERBEKE 8 kw Generator ('05)
- HEART Interface 2500 Inverter w/ 100 amp charger
- Dual 120 amp alternators
Deck and Hull
Deck & Hull
The complete walk-around deck plan of the DeFever 41 provides a secure on deck experience in any kind of weather. The DF 41 has high gunwales and sturdy (1 1/4") stainless stanchions supporting the teak handrail. She has a substantial anchor platform with Sampson post and dual direction Lofrans windlass which can be controlled from either station. Her teak decks provide superior non-skid performance. Main decks were re-caulked and all bungs replaced in early 2009.
The flybridge helm has excellent visibility. There is fixed seating (forward facing) on both starboard and port side, as well as room for 4 chairs. For a 41' boat, this is an extremely accommodating and roomy flybridge.
Complete Imron 2010. wow this beauty shines !!!!!
- Mast, boom and winch. Mast and boom powder coated in '02
- Anchor chain snubber
- Lofrans Tigress electric windlass w/remote
- 45# Delta w/300' 3/8" chain & 200' rode
- Fortress 27 anchor and anchor rode
- Force 10 propane grill
- Dinghy cover ('07)
- 10 life jackets
- Anchor wash down system ('03)
- Davit with 2500 lb Superwinch hoist
- Docklines ('07)
- (2) large fenders ('07)
- Manual spotlight
Engine and Mechanical
Engine & Mechanical
The DeFever 41 is economical to run, burning only 4 gallons an hour total at 1750 RPM. Engine room has lots of good working space and access to important service points, even with her Twin engines and new generator. The twin engine option is the most popular, providing great maneuverability and reliability. This Ford Lehman engine model has a well deserved reputation as a reliable, long distance work horse.
The engine is 6.22L and naturally aspirated, cooled with fresh water heat exchanger. The transmissions are Borg Warner and the dual controls are dual lever Morse. The steering is hydraulic. The stuffing box is bronze with packing.
The dual bronze propellors are 24 x 19.
- Replaced transmission cooler and drive plate
- Exhaust elbows and hoses ('08)
- Engine heat exchangers ('08)
- Engine oil coolers ('08)
- RACOR 500 fuel filters
- New Verna Lift Mufflers (2003)
- Borg Warner transmissions - stbd rebuilt 2005, port rebuilt 2007
- NAIAD Stabilizers, factory serviced 6/08
- Macerator pump
- Water pump shafts and seals ('08)
- Fuel shut off valve
- Acoustic engine room insulation
- 10.5' Alliance RGB dinghy ('00) w/15hp Yamaha OB ('07)
- Navy Blue 3 sided FB enclosure w/Strataglass ('07)
- Stainless steel swim ladder on swim platform
- New Propellors ('08)
- Bridge cushions and covers for seats ('07)
- Front windshield and fwd windows (P&S) have Textilene (white) covers
- Cable TV outlets
- Holding tank level indicators
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Custom Contact Information
No Dissappointments with this Looper !!!