- Buy Boats
|Back to Search Results | New Search | Revise Search||Next Boat|
57' 1967 Ed Monk, Jr. - 57 Raised Pilothouse Motor Yacht - US$135,000
The Shoreline Yacht Group
Call: (562) 437-7500
Please Ask for Shoreline Yacht Sales
Get a shipping quote Zip Code:
Print This Ad | Save This Ad | Email a Friend
|Beam||18 ft||Max Draft||4 ft 6 in|
|Engine Make||Detroit Diesel||Engine Model||8V92 Turbo|
|Fuel Capacity||900 gal||Length on Deck||54 ft|
|Length Overall||57 ft||Holding Tank Size||60 gal|
|Water Capacity||300 gal||Engine Hours||50|
|Number of Engines||2|
<> HIGHLY MOTIVATED OWNERS + OWNER FINANCING AVAILABLE <>
Built in 1967 at the Duwamish Welding Company in Seattle, Washington, this vessel is the first of many quality yachts designed by the legendary Ed Monk, Jr. Constructed with 3/8" aluminum, this vessel was initially designed for commercial use and included 5 watertight compartments with certification for 49 passengers. While these compartment have been compromised during a major refit in 2001-2002, the potential to return this vessel back into a commercial operation is still feasible. In a recent sounding of the vessel, the entire hull has been sounded in 12"x12" sections, and the results have revealed no more than a 4% loss of material over her 44 years! This is a testament to the quality of contruction and materials used when this vessel first built.
The current owners have purchased this vessel in 2001, and immediately began a complete refit and overhaul which would last into 2002. Removed were the original formica cabinetry, which was replaced with white maple, a pilothouse wet bar, which has been replaced with a full-size navigation table (with chart storage), and the high-gloss teak and holly flooring was salvaged from a classic wooden icebreaker. The owners have complete documentation and records of the refit for this vessel, and would love to share their stories with you.
The completed refit left the owners with their dream-come-true... a luxury liveaboard vessel with the comforts and accomodations exceeding those of a one-bedroom apartment. The forward master suite has a centerlined California King-size berth, and themed with a flavor of the Far East, this stateroom leaves you feeling a certain zen. There is more storage in this single suite than many other yachts have throughout, and the full head has been accented with designs from Wyland. The galley includes an extended granite countertop and additional storage for provisioning either for liveabourd or extended cruising. The entire galley is comprised of electrical run appliances, and a new (2004) 12KW Northern Lights generator (50 hours) will keep the entire vessel powered. The main salon is expansive, and the custom etched glass sliding doors to the cockpit offer a touching flare while providing excellent ventilation.
The electronics, although dated, work well and include two separate radar systems. There is also a bow thruster, an auto pilot, 2 VHF radios, a sat-tracker for underway television, 2 air condition units (need recharging), an air compressor, a central vacuum, and a watermaker (needs new filters).
A few other ammenities for your commercial or recreation pleasures include: two racks for scuba diving tanks, rocket launchers for fishing rod holders, twin davits (transom and sundeck) for dinghy launching, and an on board washer/dryer combo unit. Both Detroit diesels have been completely rebuilt, and have 50 and 300 hours on them respectfully.
The owners of this vessel have remained in contact with Ed Monk, Jr., and said he would welcome any discussion in regards to this vessel that he remembers all so well. Northwest trawler lovers, this vessel is ready to return home and provi
In 2001, the owners of this 57' Duwamish Motor Yacht did a complete interior and exterior refit/renovation. Custom satin finished Bird's Eye Maple is now used throughout as the interior theme with custom granite counters. Dolphin etched glass and mirrors are also part of her Far East theme, and the cabin soles are eithers quality fitted beige carpeting or high-gloss teak and holly. Maple battened beige or off-white leather-like material with custom maple framed built-in lighting comprises the headliners, and the overheads and interior bulkheads are of matching material.
This vessel offers a spacious, functional, light, and open interior layout. The master cabin is located forward with a California king-size berth, and an enclosed head with shower stall and vacu-flush toilet to port. Up from the master's cabin is the pilothouse with helm station, navigation table, and lounge settee (converts to a double berth), all customized from the original layout and finished in Bird's Eye Maple. Down from the pilothouse is a U-shaped galley with service bar to the main salon. Opposite the galley with access from the main salon is a second head. The main salon offers a L-shaped settee (converts to a double berth) with an adjustable folding table to be used either for dining or cocktails. Closets, cabinets, drawers, and storage areas are conveniently located throughout this vessel, and her interior shows very well with above average joinery work, finish, care, and maintenance by the owners evident.
* Centerlined California King in master suite
* Far East theme in Master Suite
* Dolphin etched mirror
* Wyland designs in master head
* Vacu-flush toilets in both heads
* Separate stand-up shower stall
* Numerous drawers, hanging lockers, and storage shelves
* Central vacuum system (hose reached throughout ship)
* Electric air compressor (engine room)
* Watermaker: Village Marine Tec 500; 500GPD (2003)
The galley cabinetry has been extended for extra provisioning and storage space, and all counters are topped with black granite. The galley sole is high-gloss teak and holly, and the pantry, which once held 49 life jackets, is located to starboard.
* Double stainless steel sink and faucet with 12V hot and cold pressure water
* Full-size Tundra AC/DC stand up refrigerator
* Force 10 110V 3-burner stove with oven
* Kenmore overhead microwave oven
* Service bar to main salon
* In-counter trash recepticle
A complete arrangement of electronics and navigational equipment to take you safely around the harbor... or around the world. All equipment listed below is said to in working order and will power-up:
* Bowthruster: Side Power bow thruster
* VHF: Icom IC-M502 (bridge deck); microphone on flybridge
* Hailer: Sea Hail (pilothouse)
* Single Side Band Radio: Icom IC-M710
* Radar: (1) Raytheon 1603 and (1) Furuno
* GPS: Garmin GPS Map 182 and GPS Map 176C
* Navigation Computer: E-Machines T2042 with printer and Neovo flat screen monitor
* Navigation Computer: Sony VIAO PCG-FX390P laptop
* Autopilot: Robertson AP 200DL
* Depth/Speed: (2) ST40B Data Depth and Speed instruments
* Fish Finder: Raytheon V720 Video Echo Sounder
* Antennas: KVH Satellite Dish
* Wind Direction: Davis weather monitor
* Compasses: Danforth Constellation (pilothouse); Danforth Express (flybridge)
The entire ship has been rewired during her refit in 2001-02. There are 3 separate analog panels to monitor electrical usage.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM (AC SYSTEM):
* (2) Marinco 50 amp, 125/220 volt plastic inlets with weather protected covers
* (2) Marinco 50 amp shore power cords
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM (DC SYSTEM):
* (6) AGM 8D house batteries
* (1) Group 27 generator battery
GENERATOR and INVERTER:
* Northern Lights 12KW gernerator (2004) in sound shield
* Statpower 1500 prowat
* Xantrex Freedom Marine 30
Hard chinned V, full displacement with keel, and modified deadrise aft. Skip welded aluminum T-bar frames, floors, and stringers. Aluminum cabin dividers and welded aluminum structural partitions. Aluminum transom with gate leading to teak bolt-on swim platform. Ship originally had 5 watertight bulkheads, however, owner mentioned these may be compromised.
* Dinghy: Aqua Pro w/ 6HP Evinrude outboard
* Transom davits (electric)
* Bridgedeck davit (manual)
* Windlass (electric)
* Splenidide washer/dryer combo (cockpit)
* Sanyo refrigerator/freezer (cockpit)
* (2) racks of Scuba dive tanks holders
* (1) row of "rocket launcher" fishing rod holders
* New aluminum ladder to flybridge
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
<> Thank you for your interest in our 57' Duwamish Raised Pilothouse Motor Yacht! For additional information or to schedule a personal viewing, please contact listing agent Norm Preiss at (951) 223-6676 or email: email@example.com
|The Shoreline Yacht Group|
419-R Shoreline Village Drive
|Let us know you found it on Boats.com!|
Request More Info Request Appointment
|Listing ID: 14676564|