Nominated for the European Yacht of the Year, the Gunfleet 58 combines a stunning profile with excellent performance and best in class accommodation and features.
Exceptional performance This is a powerful sailing yacht that delivers real performance and a rewarding helming experience that will delight the most demanding of yachtsmen. Clean, undistorted hull lines, an upright stem and long waterline, and generous beam carried well aft, all point to an excellent performance profile.
Variable draft and twin rudders as standard Her ballasted shoal draft keel, with deep centerboard, gives her serious upwind potential with the convenience of ultra-shoal draft. The benefits from twin rudders have to be experienced to be believed. The Gunfleet 58 carries virtually no weather helm even when pressed to the wind or when close-reaching with spinnaker with maximum heel. Steering remains finger-light with total control at all times. The absence of helm weight means zero fatigue for helmsman or autopilot.
Properly protected helm stations Clean and uncluttered, the deck is easy to move around when sailing. The twin ‘Flightdeck’ helm positions feel secure as they are set down on deck, properly protected, so the helmsman steers from ‘in’, not ‘on’ the boat. There is easy access to the cockpit from the aft deck without a hazardous climb over coachroof or coamings.
Easy, short-handed sailing This large yacht can still be sailed short or even single-handed with ease. Powered winches, furlers and traveller are all within reach of the helmsman. The forward cockpit is indeed completely devoid of ropes, enabling guests to relax in comfort around the beautiful custom cockpit table.
A huge lazarette and a forward sail locker The Gunfleet 58 is the only yacht in its class to offer a huge, full-width lazarette in addition to a deep forward sail locker. She is also available with an optional hydraulic stern platform in lieu of the standard open ‘sugar scoop’ stern.
Light, spacious and supremely stylish accommodation Below decks, you are immediately struck by the sense of light and space in the stylish saloon. The whole accommodation feels spacious and uncluttered with huge attention to detail throughout. The accommodation flows beautifully and is flooded with light thanks to overhead skylights and panoramic hull windows in all principal cabins. Every space has the feel of a larger yacht and none more so than the spectacular master cabin aft. There are three additional sleeping cabins, one of which is en-suite and a first-class walk-in engine room. Careful attention to sound insulation ensures below decks on the Gunfleet 58 is a very pleasant place to be – even underway.
An optional fixed keel version with a draft of approximately 2.1 m (6’ 9”) is available – details on request. NB Displacement and draft are quoted in typical cruising trim for the standard yacht with half filled tanks.
• EURCD Design Category ‘A’ Ocean • White gel coat • Composite engineering by High Modulus
• Composite and stainless steel bowsprit • Cove line and single boot top • Balsa cored topsides • Solid laminate below waterline with Kevlar reinforcements • Carbon reinforced GRP structural grid • Epoxy undercoat and antifoul
• Rolled edge GRP bulwark • Aft deck sun-bathing area • Balsa core to flat areas • Transom platform and boarding ladder • Laid teak deck to anchor/sail locker lid, cabin top, ring deck, cockpit floor, cockpit seats, helm seats, aft deck, lazarette lid, transom platform, transom steps, gas locker lid and coaming step • Large aft lazarette locker • Forward sail locker • Forward chain locker
• Lead ballast keel • Stainless steel keel bolts • Cast iron centerboard • Lifting mechanism with powered hydraulic ram operated from helm
• Twin spade rudders (semi-balanced) • Emergency back-up via tiller on deck
• Volvo D3 150hp including gearbox • Bronze P bracket, SS shaft • 4 bladed Brunton Varifold folding prop • Engine room sound proofing • Aquadrive shaft coupling • ‘Lip Seal’ shaft seal system? • Exhaust, water lock and separator? • Alternator 12V/115 Amp? • 100 amp hrs dedicated engine 12V starting battery - AGM sealed type? • Electric engine room extraction fans • Engine room venting? • Racor fuel filter system with warning light • Single lever engine control? • Auto fire extinguisher
THROUGH HULLS (DZR)
• Central manifold for raw water inlets • Central manifold for aft cooling and grey water outlets
• B&G 12” Zeus chartplotter at pedestal x 1 • B&G 8” NSS touch screen chart plotter/CZone control at chart table x 1 • B&G Triton multifunction sailing instrument displays x 2 • GPS • VHF radio telephone with masthead antenna? • B&G autopilot with control unit
• 24V domestic battery system • 600 amp hrs 24V domestic battery bank - AGM sealed type • Second alternator Mastervolt 24V 110 amp with Alpha Pro 3 stage regulator • 100 amp 24V battery charger • Pressurised freshwater pump 24V • Galley sink discharge pump <