Boat History Report
Check Your Credit
Located on our yard in Memphis, Tn. this is a FRESH WATER ONLY Vision 32, sailable as she sits, is in need of a good amount of work to get her up to the standards that your wife will prefer. THIS BOAT REPRESENTS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO INVEST SOME TIME IMPROVING HER TO ULTIMATELY PUT $$'S BACK IN YOUR POCKET. So, whether you keep the boat for a long tme or a short time you should get $$'s back. To help in that end we have lowered the price to the current 19,500.00 EFFECTIVE 10/28/2014 . THIS COULD BE YOUR BEST LONG TERM PURCHASE.
The Portside was damaged when another boat got loose in a storm and was allowed to rub against the Vision . The owner at the time did not have the time to correct the problem/s incurred and the boat was allowed to sit for quite some time. Eventually, she was sold to the current owner not far from the lake. He has enjoyed sailing the boat AS SHE SAILS FINE, but has not had the time to correct the portside problem or the results of the boat being allowed to sit with water over the main cabin sole for a period of time. That is the sad news. But there is GOOD NEWS:
GOOD NEWS # 1: The water did NOT get high enough to cause the diesel difficulty, but the wood work near the floor has some water staining but other than cosmetics, the wood work appears to not be compromised. Newly applied oiling of this wood will make this a non-issue and in fact would be most attractive.
GOOD NEWS # 2: This Vision 32 includes built-in Air Conditioning - - virtually mandatory for the wife and family to enjoy the boat as your week-end cabin.
GOOD NEWS # 3: She has an electric halyard winch on the cabin top for raising the mainsail or for making trimming the mainsail child's play.
Further, the Vision 32 is an amazingly EASY boat to sail short handed and fast. That is the value to the huge main and rather small jib. That is one of the prime reasons the current owner (an owner of many previous sailboats) chose the Vision 32 to start with. And when it comes to comfort, the Vision 32 is stable and virtually without equal in space and layout until you get to boats over 35 feet. And typically when you do get a 35 plus size boat - sloop rigged - - you'll have a lot more to deal with than with the manageable easy to handle rig on the Vision 32. With the mast noticeably forward, the entire interior enjoys an open uncluttered main cabin. With the intelligent European layout of the aft head & shower (enormous) and huge double aft berth there is literally more space than most 35'ers. Look at the icebox/storage in the "island" in the portside/middle of the cabin. This affords access to crew from front or rear and adds to counter top space for entertaining, etc. A tremendous layout and design. In fact, it would be hard to imagine a better boat for a live-aboard for anything this writer has seen 35' or below. I remember having a bunch of sailors after a regatta huddled in a Vision 32 after a Regatta some years ago with what seemed like half of the sailing club and one of the participants who owned a Beneteau 42 made the claim in amazement of the interior room by stating that " Chris, this boat is bigger than my 42 Beneteau in the main cabin". I would add that the Vision has a bigger aft berth and shower than the 42 Beneteau and is one heck of a lot easier to sail than his 42.
Add to this the large cockpit with open transom and you have one of the best laid out and most enjoyable "family cabin sailboats on the water" ever devised.
To help you, we can assist in directin
Get a shipping quote
|Fuel ||Diesel||Hull Material ||Fiberglass|| |
|Beam ||11 ft 4 in||Max Draft ||4 ft 3 in|| |
|Dry Weight ||11400 lb||Engine Make ||Yanmar|| |
|Engine Model ||3GM||Engine Year ||1992|| |
|Length at Waterline ||28 ft 9 in||Length Overall ||32 ft|| |
|Cabin Headroom ||6 ft 2 in||Number of Heads ||1|| |
|Stock Number ||8.18.2013 b||Engine Hours ||200|| |
|Number of Berths ||3||Number of Engines ||1|| |
|Max Bridge Clearance ||53 ft|| || || |
For Sale by
1744 Prescott South
Fax: 901 744-8502
Accommodations & main interior features
- Huge maincabin - - bigger than most 42'ers, great social setting, comfortable, truely amazing
- Huge double berth aft with door for more privacy
- Large V-berth for couple or incredible storage
- Huge wrap around settee with double part table that makes into enormous berth in main cabin
- Shockingly large head/shower- - - bigger than on most 35's and 38's
- Wonderful Double access (front and rear) Ice Box port of centerline in front of the galley, gives great storage and more counter top space.
- Big Galley with lots of storage and elbow room
- Light airy interior tones that your First Mate will really enjoy
- Recessed wrap around lighting in main cabin - - well lit
- Good size Chart table with impressive electrical panels for 12 v and 120 volt
- Double Stainless Steel Sink
- Origo 6000 Gimballed 2 Burner Stove and oven
- Ample Storage
- Corian Countertops
- Island Style counter wtih ice box in main cabin - store more beer/wine !
Rig, Hull, Deck & Cockpit
- Free standing tapered Aluminium mast up to the rigors of sailing in virtually any sailable condition. Does not have the problems associated with unstayed carbon free standing mast. Good for the long haul.
- Almost a uni-rigged boat, the easy of sailing with the self-tending enormous mainsail is a dream to Single Hand as the jib, on a rollerfurler, is the size of most 25' sailboat (or smaller). This boat is VERY EASY to short hand sail.
- $3,600.00 Electric halyard winch allows a 60 lb kid to raise the sail and allows easy triming of the mainsheet by the smallest of your crew. Takes the work out of the sail handling.
- The full battened mainsail with Lazy Jacks collects the mainsail when the halyard is relieved and almost stacks itself in the sailcover - - an easy boat to handle
- The Vision 32 is remarkably well balanced and handles well under sail in most any condition and similarly under power - - she has a Large rudder.
- 2 Lewmar Self Tailing 40 two speed winches on the coach roof with two triple rope clutches
- 2 Lewmar Self Tailing 30 two speed winches inthe cockpit for the jib sheets
- Beautiful modern sculptured deck design with lovely non-skid
- Double Life Lines with Gates & Double Bow and Stern Pulpits
- Stern Pulpits have built-in stern rail seats - - always a hit with anyone. If your wife sees these she will not let you buy another boat that does not have this feature !
- Open transom with fold down swim ladder with "flat" steps w/ tread - easy on the feet
- Swim platform with storage lockers both port and starboard - - easy to board from swimming or with guest docking to your boat from Jet Skis or other boats
- 4' 3" 4,500 lb bulb wing keel yielding modest draft and great windward performance - - yes you can successfully club race this Vision 32 !!
- Double continuous line mainsail reefing easily done from cockpit - - again you can single hand this sailing boat in a wide variety of conditions.
- Mid Boom Traveler and Sheeting
- Large spring loaded Rigid Boom Vang that eliminates the need for a boom topping lift.
Sails and Canvas
- Mainsail with full battens
- Rollerfurler headsail
- Includes Lazy Jack System
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Custom Contact Information
Contact: Chris Rooke, Rooke Sails, Inc, 1744 Prescott So, Memphis, Tn. 38111 @ I 240 & US 78
Dealers for: Beneteau, Hunter small boats, Hobie, Precision & Sunfish/Laser.
Also: Dealer for North Sails, Sail loft on site w/ most any sailrepair handled in house/Custom Canvas works/Parts/Accessories/ full service yard & Yacht transfer within reasonable distances.