|Location||Southampton, United Kingdom|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|LOA||44 ft 7 in|
|Beam||14 ft 3 in|
|Max Draft||5 ft|
|Displacement (Dry Load)||30000 kg|
|Max Bridge Clearance||59 ft|
|Fuel Tanks||1 x 133.23 gal (UK)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||1 x 208.17 gal (UK)|
|Holding Tanks||1 x 49.96 gal (UK)|
The Island Packet 420 embodies a host of proven design and construction features that have evolved over years of boatbuilding experience and via feedback of thousands of cruising owners.
The IP420 delivers the combination of seakeeping, safety, stability and speed coupled with the comfort, liveability, and value that makes Island Packet Yachts America's Cruising Yacht Leader.
The Island Packet 420 received the award for 'Best Full Size Cruiser' in the 2000 Boat Of The Year competition as conducted by Cruising World magazine
LWL: 37'4 ft
Beam: 14'3 ft
Total Power: 75hp
Cruising Speed: 7-8 knots
Island Packet's Features
From the Full Foil Keel® with protected prop and rudder, to the roller furling cutter rig with Hoyt® boom, every aspect of every Island Packet has been carefully designed and built to maximize the pleasures of the cruising lifestyle. Exclusive design features, proprietary material technologies, unmatched resale values and an award winning customer service network all combine to make Island Packet the benchmark for cruising yachts. Every Island Packet from the original IP26 to the magnificent IP485 is the result of the consistent application and continuing evolution of this philosophy, which affects everything from the initial design concept through the manufacturing process, into the warranty period and beyond for our pre-owned buyers. This philosophy helps to explain how Island Packet has grown to be a world leader in the design and manufacture of cruising yachts since it's founding in 1979. It also helps to explain why Island Packets are respected and admired by discerning sailors everywhere.
- The Full Foil Keel® offers a combination of moderate draft,
- superb stability (both initial and final), structural survivability,
- and off wind seakeeping unequalled by any fin keel design alternative.
- For cruising sailors, nothing provides confidence like the
- protected rudder and integrally molded hull and keel of an
- Island Packet.
- The Hoyt Boom equipped fully roller furling rig is the most
- highly versatile and easily managed sailplan available on the
- Island Packet’s Three Year Stem to Stern Warranty is unmatched in the industry, and nicely compliments the ten year warranties covering deck core degradation and osmotic hull
- blistering. No other boat builder offers this combination and
- length of coverages.
- The unique tankage configuration below the cabin sole maximizes storage space elsewhere on an Island Packet, providing more useable enclosed storage space than any other yacht in the same size class.
- Advanced premium materials and exacting craftsmanship help build a yacht with the highest retained resale value of any yacht built in the US. This translates to one of the lowest cost of ownership of any yacht built!
- Race winning performance continues to be proven in offshore venues around the world (see page of results elsewhere in this manual).
- Every Island Packet is built and certified to the highest standards offered by the NMMA and IMCI. This provides real peace of mind and a buyer’s assurance of well engineered and thought out assembly and construction.
Factrory & Owners Extras Fitted
Max Prop and Rope Cutter (2004)
New Batteries (2009)
Balkin hight output Alternator (2009)
Victron 3000 Multi Battery Charger/Inverter (2008)
Panda 4KVa DC Generator (2008)
35lb Delta + 25lb Kedge Anchors
Fenders and Warps
Sprayhood with Plexiglass window (2009)Bimini with cover
Helm seat cushion set with backrest
Stern quarter seat cushions
Cockpit cushions with full length backrests
- Raymarine RL80CRC Radar
- RaymarineRL70 CRC Chart Plotter + repeater at helm
- Navtex Nav 6
- ST60 Echosounder
- Echopilot with forward facing transducer
- ST60 Log/Speed
- ST60 Wind Speed/Direction
- Simrad VHF Radio
- C-Map chart of Med
- Radar reflector
- Viking 6 SR GRP liferaft, deck cradle and H20 Hydro
- Dan Buoy
- Lifeline sling MOB
- Jack Stays
- Eberspacher heating
- Dual pump pressurized water system
- Poly-ethanol water tanks (2008)
- Honda 4KVa portable generator
- 2x Electric SeaScooters
- 2x Folding Cycles
- Inflatable Dingy
- Honda 2.7hp Outboard
- Portable washing Machine
- Tool Kit
Sails & Rigging
- Spinnaker pole
- Cruising Chute (2009)
Directions to Walton Marine at Swanwick Marina
By Car from M27 coming from the West:
- Leave M27 at junction 8, and turn right at the roundaboat at the bottom of the sliproad, signposted Hamble A3024
- At the next (Tesco) roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A27/Providence Hill
- Continue for about 1.0 mile then turn right into Swanwick Marina at traffic lights.
By Car from M27 coming from the East:
- Leave M27 at junction 9, and turn left at the roundabout at end of sliproad
- Turn right at next roundaboat, signposted Hamble A27
- Continue along A27 for about 3 miles, turn left into Swanwick Marina at traffic lights
- The nearest station is Bursledon, on the Southampton - Portsmouth line. Nearest mainline is Southampton Airport, on the main London - Southampton line
- Swanwick is a 10 minute drive from Southampton Airport.