- Buy Boats
|Back to Search Results | New Search | Revise Search||Next Boat|
85' 1981 Jachtwerf Helleman Dutch Built - Motorsailor Ketch - US$179,900
Denison Yacht Sales
Call Toll Free: 888-802-5382
Please Ask for Jeff Sorgen
Get a shipping quote Zip Code:
Print This Ad | Save This Ad | Email a Friend
|Engine Make||Detroit Diesel||Engine Model||671|
|Engine Year||1985||Number of Engines||1|
WORLD CLASS CRUISER
OWNER WILL CONSIDER "OWNER FINANCING" TO QUALIFIED BUYERS, WITH SUBSTANTIAL DEPOSIT.
THIS 85 FT STEEL HULL SAILING YACBHT HAS RECENTY BEEN REPLATED – THE INTERIOR IS EMPTY AND READY TO BE REBUILT TO YOUR CUSTOM DREAM SAILING YACHT.
- LOA: 85' (26 m)
- Beam: 19' (5.8 m)
- Max Draft: 8' (2.44 m)
- Displacement: 82 TONS
This is an 85’ ketch rigged motor sailer. She was recently
About 2/3 of the exterior hull was professionally replaced with ¼” ABS
- Any suspect steel was cut out and replaced, including the entire anchor
- All the zincs were reinstalled as they appeared to have
- Any other rusted areas on deck were ground down to good steel and covered with Ameron 240 epoxy primer. The interior steel was coated with OverRust primer. --
- Most of the floor framing was replaced with 2”x2”x1/4” steel angle iron.
- The vessel's LOA is 85 ft including deck space on the bowsprit. She is completely built of steel, except for a fiberglass top on her Pilot House.
- There is a large circular cockpit aft of the Pilot House. Wide walk around decks with large aft deck and HUGE forward deck. Steel reinforced bowsprit with deck leading out to end of sprit.
- Vessel has good protective bulwarks surrounding her deck, and solid raised handrail completely around the deck.
She has a full keel with rudder attached at the aft end and a rebuilt Detroit Diesel engine.
-Vessel needs a complete interior refit. She can be configured with any number of cabins her new owner requires.
- She needs a total restoration including the exterior and interior. There are some repairs that need to be done on the exterior. Her masts and rigging appear in good condition.
- The new owner can restructure the interior to his preference within the existing bulkheads adding 2-4 cabins forward and 3-4 cabins aft. She needs a completely new galley.
- No interior plan available and no refit estimates have been made.
- There is a large pilot House, which could be set up with seating and dining area. Forward of the Pilot house and down 3 steps is where the Saloon would be. This area could easily be comfortable for 12 people to use and can be set up as a dinning area.
- There is a structural bulkhead aft of the saloon and originally 3 sleeping cabins aft of the bulkhead. There is a partial structural bulkhead forward of the Saloon and a large open area. This is where the galley was (no fixtures or appliances are left). this could be a galley and dining area, or galley and 2 additional cabins or storage areas -
Forward of the galley area, is another structural bulkhead with open space forward of the bulkhead - this could be additional storage space or 2 additional cabins There were 2 existing heads aft – additional heads can be added
There is no Survey available
This will be an impressive Yacht after a restoration - and easily capable of world cruising
- Rebuilt Detroit Diesel " 0" hours
- Total Power: 220 HP
- Engine Model: 671
- The interior of the boat is empty. All mechanical systems, electrical,
-The boat is outfitted with a Detroit 671 diesel engine. The engine was recently rebuilt, however the exhaust,steering, fuel and water lines are currently not hooked up, so the boat is not in condition to move under her own power.
- During the haul-out a new cutlass bearing and pillow bearing were installed. The drive shaft was removed, reconditioned and reinstalled. The shaft was professionally
She has a full keel with rudder attached at the aft end and a cut-out for the propeller I do not have an interior plan available She has a large pilot House , which could be set up with seating and dining areas - there is a Saloon forward of the pilot house, and down 3-4 steps This area could easily be comfortable for 12 people to use and can be set up with seating and dining areas There is a structural bulkhead aft of the saloon and originally 3 sleeping cabins aft of the bulkhead, There is a structural bulkhead forward of the Saloon and a large open area This is where the galley was ( no fixtures or appliances are left), this could be a galley and dining area, or galley and 2 additional cabins or storage areas - Forward of the galley area, is another structural bulkhead with open space forward of the bulkhead - this could be additional storage space or 2 additional cabins There were 2 existing heads aft – additional heads can be added There is no Survey available
This will be an excellent yacht after restoration -
- Ketch rig with two aluminum masts.
Fitted for (2) head sails - Roller furling system for Genoa, Club footed Staysail
- The boat has no sails, and all the running rigging needs to be replaced
Standing rigging has all stay lock fittings and appears in good condition
- This is a heavy world cruising vessel that needs a complete interior refit. The current owner has just started the refit, and would like to sell immediately. This is an excellent buy for a sailor willing to complete the refit. She has beautiful lines and can be turned into a proper yacht for live-aboard, or world cruising. She has exceptional tank-age for long range under power, and a powerful sail plan for extended voyaging.
- Please contact the listing broker to discuss this vessel further.
|The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.|
|Denison Yacht Sales|
Downtown Yachting Center
|Let us know you found it on Boats.com!|
Request More Info Request Appointment
|Listing ID: 14701465|
|More Boats from this Seller|
2004 William Fife And Sons ...
2003 Adik Tuzla Motor Sailer
2008 Canados 86
2014 Monte Carlo Yachts Fly...
Call For Price
FL United States
2007 Debirs De Birs 85 Pilo...
Ft. Lauderdale,FL United States