The primary design goal for the 40z was to create a 40 foot powerboat that would handle like a 30-footer at idle speeds in tricky docking situations. The Volvo-Penta IPS or Cummins Mercruiser AXIUS joystick control technology makes this goal a reality. The IPS system works with twin pod drives under the hull and the Cummins with twin sterndrives. When conventional twin-engine controls are in neutral, a single joystick takes over with fingertip control. There are no thrusters. Through a unique computer program, each drive unit is independently operated in terms of direction, rpm and forward-reverse gear. This system works far more intuitively than conventional twin shaft drives or joystick/thruster operated jet drives.
- Single-level seating for as many as 15 at cocktail time or for a family picnic
- Roll-up side/aft curtains and fully-opening windshields to regulate airflow in the pilothouse to suit conditions.
- Large (60x78) island berth and separate shower in owner stateroom.
- Two convertible guest cabins, one with dinette option.
- 40z can be trucked overland without penalty. Width doesn’t exceed 12 feet and height on a trailer is less than 13.5 feet.
|Beam||12 ft||Max Draft||3 ft 3 in|
|Draft Board/Drive Up||2 ft 2 in||Dry Weight||18800 lb|
|Hull Material||Fiberglass||Hull Shape||Deep Vee|
|Fuel Capacity||350 gal||Length at Waterline||37 ft|
|Length on Deck||40 ft||Water Capacity||110 gal|
|Max Bridge Clearance||10 ft|