Boat History Report
Check Your Credit
The Morris 46 is designed and built as an ultimate oceangoing thoroughbred. Customized craftsmanship coupled with state of the art cruising performance affords you a rare opportunity to own a truly outstanding yacht of enduring value. KIA MARA has been very well maintained and upgraded, including a $200,000 overhaul in 2004. She is equipped for serious worldwide cruising and stands ready to safely and comfortably take you anywhere.
Get a shipping quote
|Fuel ||Diesel||Hull Material ||Fiberglass|| |
|Beam ||12 ft 9 in||Max Draft ||5 ft 6 in|| |
|Engine Make ||Yanmar||Engine Model ||4JH2-E|| |
|Engine Year ||1998||Fuel Capacity ||113 gal|| |
|Length at Waterline ||34 ft 6 in||Length Overall ||46 ft|| |
|Number of Heads ||2||Holding Tank Size ||25 gal|| |
|Water Capacity ||116 gal||Engine Hours ||2695|| |
|Number of Berths ||4||Number of Engines ||1|| |
|Max Bridge Clearance ||63 ft|| || || |
For Sale by
27 Ramp Road
Hull & Deck
- “Rib-Kore” reinforced solid fiberglass, single skin construction.
- Reichold vinylester resin.
- Kevlar reinforcement in forward sections of hull.
- Centerline reinforcement gives approximate centerline thickness of 1.5 inches.
- Two longitudinal stringers of cored fiberglass.
- Transverse reinforced longitudinal stringers.
- Awlgripped “Offwhite” Hull with single blue boot stripe. (2004)
- Gold leaf cove stripe.
- Green bottom paint.
- Awlgripped mahogany rub rail with ss half oval.
- Ground strap for SSB bonding.
- Garboard drain plug.
- Paine/Morris shoal draft/high performance keel.
- 8,630 pounds of antimony hardened lead.
- Skeg protected fiberglass rudder.
- 1 inch core except in way of hatches, genoa tracks, stanchion bases, mast partners and other deck hardware where solid fiberglass replaces the core material.
- One piece construction with molded-in fiberglass bulwark.
- All hardware locations are drilled, tapped, bedded and thru bolted completely through the deck.
- Trunk cabin sides are solid fiberglass.
- The deck is permanently bonded to the hull using a horizontal integral laminated hull shelf and thru bolted on 8 inch centers.
- Cherry interior trimwork.
- Cherry cabinsides.
- Cherry joinery including moldings and trim, locker doors, passageway doors with arched tops, drawers, table and companionway ladder with satin varnish finish.
- Maple sheathing strips.
- Overhead removable panels of closed cell foam with antique white laminate to access all deck hardware fasteners.
- Teak & composite laminated cabin sole. (Re-varnished 2004)
- Interior lockers are lined with cork insulation and closed cell foam insulation is installed behind sheathing.
- Leather cushions in main cabin.
- Ultrasuede cushions in forward and aft cabins.
- Crew covers for berth cushions.
- Deep bilge sump.
- Cabin sole lift-outs for bilge access through length of the cabin sole.
- All liftouts are secured with latches.
- Chart table, nav seat, bunk tops, galley and ice chest lids are all securable.
Deck and Hull
- Re Awlgripped with all deck hardware removed and rebedded. (2004)
- Three cockpit lockers.
- Two flush lazerette lockers aft of cockpit coaming.
- All cockpit lockers have gaskets and security hasps.
- Ergonomically designed cockpit with high coamings for off-shore security and comfort.
- Four cockpit drains plumbed directly overboard.
- Solid teak companionway drop boards with canvas storage bag in the starboard sail locker.
- High, secure bulwark with teak cap rail.
- Custom bow pulpit with open front and seat.
- Teak eyebrow trim on cabin sides.
- Custom stern rail extended to side gates.
- Custom removable swim platform at transom (with ss folding swim ladder)
- Custom ss boarding gate passes through stern rail.
- Removable two piece ss folding swim ladder.
- Stainless steel cabin top hand rails.
- Nova Lift outboard motor hoist.
- Outboard motor mount on stern rail.
Deck Fittings and Equipment
- 12 stainless steel opening port lights with beveled spigots, screens, and trim rings.
- One ss portlight in the cockpit that opens into the aft cabin.
- Five opening cabin top hatches with lexan lens.
- Four fiberglass dorade boxes with cowl vents and ss guards.
- All dorade vents have interior screens and sliding draft controls.
- Midship hawse pipes and cleats for spring lines.
- Double bow and stern cleats.
- Custom stainless stern chocks at the corners of the transom.
- Skene chocks with ss chafe strips mounted on teak cap rail at the bow.
- Bow anchor rollers for 55lb Delta to starboard, 44lb Bruce to port.
- SS rope deck plate for second anchor rode.
- Stainless steel bow rail with ss navigation lights.
- Double lifelines with port and starboard gates.
- Harken genoa tracks with ball bearing cars & line control system.
- Custom ss mast collar with welded bails.
- Edson wheel steering with brake, single engine controls, grab rail.
- Stainless steel wheel with elkhide cover.
- 6 inch Ritchie Globemaster pedestal compass with stainless steel cover.
- Canvas binnacle cover.
- Teak helmsman foot blocks.
- Winch pockets with ss trim rings.
- Edson drink holder at pedestal.
- Teak cockpit sole.
- Morris teak cockpit table with leaves and cover.
- Teak stern rail seat.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Starboard side sail locker with line storage.
- Portside gear locker.
- Helmsman seat locker.
- Canvas dodger, aft drop curtain, and ss side grab rails (elkhide covered). (2004)
- Full bimini with folding bows, side curtains, and window for viewing sails (cover for bimini when stored). (2004)
- Connecter between dodger and bimini with large window.
- Bimini reinforcements for solar panels.
- Securable companionway drop boards and hatch.
- Teak companionway screens.
- V-berth with filler (custom storage for filler above berth).
- Stainless sink in port dresser mounted under cherry cover with locker outboard.
- Mirror with rod light above (underside of hinged cherry sink cover).
- Pressure hot & cold water with fold-down faucet.
- Three opening ports and an overhead hatch.
- Each berth has two drawers and a foot locker below.
- Dresser with countertop locker, two drawers and a foot locker.
- Hanging locker with louvered door.
- Espar vent.
- Maple hull sheathing fastened to “Rib-Kore” frames.
- Full-length open shelves above each berth with 2 inch fiddles and upper slats on aft half of shelves.
- Access to chain locker.
- Raritan manual toilet with Lectra San treatment system.
- Fiberglass floor with integral sump.
- Shower sump with removable drain board.
- Fold down seat for showering.
- Enclosed linen locker.
- Opening portlight.
- Leather upholstery.
- U-shaped dinette to port (pulls out to create a berth).
- Settee to starboard.
- Storage lockers outboard, lockers and book shelves above.
- Entertainment system in starboard cupboards
- Wood molding at deck/trunk cabin side fashioned to serve as drip ledge and handgrip.
- Custom cherry table with swivel/slide base with folding leaves and built in storage.
- Two large cabin top hatches with white lens and screens.
- Overhead hand holds.
- Espar vent.
- Secure u-shaped galley.
- Force-10 three burner propane stove with oven and broiler.
- Xintrex propane system monitor and alarm.
- Well insulated fridge and freezer boxes on port side.
- Seafrost Shore Assist refrigeration/freezer with controls in galley.
- Seafrost offshore spare parts kit.
- Corian countertops.
- Double stainless steel sink.
- Galley fresh water foot pump with folding faucet.
- Ice box drain plumbed to aft shower sump.
- Hot & cold pressure water with spray rinse.
- Three drawers. One has a tray for silverware storage.
- Waste basket on locker door under sink. Door has lift-off hinges for easy removal.
- Large storage lockers above counter top with access through cherry plywood sliding doors.
- Custom storage for plates.
- Ringed snack bin is built into the aft end of galley above the engine cover box.
- Pot locker under stove.
- Pantry drawers opposite galley (behind nav seat).
- Two drawers, and tool tray.
- Upholstered seat and backrest for navigator.
- Wrap around console with shelf.
- Chart storage in chart table with athwartships fiddle for storage of navigation tools.
- Book storage.
- Electrical panels with digital meters.
- 12-volt distribution panel hinged for ease of access.
- 110-volt distribution panel.
- Shelved locker behind navigator’s seat.
- Large double quarter berth with removable filler.
- SS portlight into cockpit.
- Espar vent.
- Hanging locker with louvered door.
- Dresser with counter top locker, two drawers and foot locker.
- Cabin top hatch with screen.
- Shelf with 2 inch fiddle.
- Custom bosun’s locker.
- Chart storage in locker above bunk.
- Mirror on aft side of door.
- Manual Raritan head with 25 gallon waste tank and guage.
- Corian countertops.
- SS highly polished round sink.
- Espar vent.
- Hot & cold pressure water with Grohe mixer with shower style pullout faucet.
- Manual foot pump and folding faucet for cold water.
- Separate shower stall with acrylic hi-fold door and seat.
- Composite floor grate.
- Wet hanging locker with white acrylic doors.
- Cabin top hatch with screen.
- Opening port lights, in the head.
- Mirror with rod light above.
- Towel bar mounted on the passageway door.
- Storage under sink and outboard in sliding lockers.
- Sharp 13 inch TV.
- Alpine CD/DVD. (2004)
- Sony VCR.
- Speakers in cockpit and main cabin.
- TV antenna mounted on Questus.
Electronics, Communications, & Navigation
- Icom M502 VHF with remote mic. (2004)
- Icom M-710 Single Side Band.
- Raymarine ST60 instruments (Depth, Speed, Wind). (2004)
- Raymarine ST60 Multi instrument at nav station. (2004)
- Raymarine RL70C Plotter/Radar in nav station with repeater at helm. (2004)
- Raymarine 120 GPS sensor mounted on aft rail.
- Questus backstay mount..
- Robertson AP300 DLX Autopilot.
- Robertson autopilot AP300PX remote.
- (Autopilot, radar, GPS, and computer are all interfaced).
- Global Star satellite phone system. (2004)
- Custom back stay mount for GPS and Wavetalk antennas.
- Computer outlet, connecters, inverter at nav station.
- Printer outlet, connectors in pantry locker.
- 110 volt and 12 volt systems.
- Electrical panels with digital meters.
- Inverter sub panel and switching system.
- Three 4D AGM batteries in a single bank for ships service. (New 2010)
- Dedicated engine starting battery. (New 2010)
- Start, house, and parallel battery switches.
- Heart Link 20 battery monitor system.
- Heart In-Charge external voltage regulator.
- Ample Power 120 alternator.
- Battery isolator.
- Statpower Prosine 1800 watt inverter.
- Emergency switching system to parallel both battery banks.
- Solar panels on bimini.
- Spare alternator and regulator
- 110-volt outlets.
- Extra interior lighting with dimmers.
- Deck light.
- Tri-color masthead light.
- Hella fans in forward, main, and aft cabins.
- 12-volt cigarette style outlet in cockpit.
- CLIMATE CONTROL:
- Espar D5LCC cabin heater with four outlets.
- Ducting run for future air conditioner.
- Raritan head (aft) with 25 gallon holding tank (Jabsco waste discharge pump).
- Raritan manual head (forward) with Lectra San treatment system.
- Raritan head treatment system.
- Head diverter valve for overboard discharge.
- Holding tank level monitor for aft head.
- POTABLE WATER:
- Two Spectra Catalina 300MPC Watermakers with 12.5 gal/hr capacity each (2004 & 1998)
- Seagull water filter system at galley sink.
- All fresh water plumbing is non-toxic sanitary grade hose and tubing.
- Stainless steel freshwater tanks (55 gallons on port, 61 gallons on stbd.) with clean-out covers.
- Water tank level gauges.
- Freshwater pump with accumulator tank.
- 10 gallon water heater with stainless steel tank (and valved for bypass if needed), heat exchanger and 110 volt element.
- High capacity manual Edson bilge pump within easy reach of helm.
- Jabsco 3000 electric automatic bilge pump with float switch and remote panel.
- Jabsco Gulper electric diaphragm bilge pump.
- Bilge high water alarm.
- Stainless steel hose clamps, double clamped on all thru hull fittings.
- Forespar Marelon seacocks.
- Propane locker (with three tanks) located aft of cockpit coaming in sealed compartment with overboard drain.
- Deck washdown (salt or fresh with Y-valve).
- Simpson Lawrence electric windlass with up/down foot switches (secondary remote panel switches at helm. (2004)
- Yanmar 4JH2-E 51hp fresh water cooled engine.
- New raw water pump 2009.
- Engine is flexible mounted with flex coupling and Aquadrive system for vibration isolation.
- Edson single lever control engine control.
- Flex-o-fold prop. (2004)
- Engine panel in cockpit includes tachometer, hour meter, oil pressure gauge, water temperature gauge.
- Electric Engine stop button on engine panel in cockpit.
- 78-gallon aluminum main fuel tank (Drained and cleaned 2009)
- Extra 35 gallon fuel tank under forward cabin berth.
- Engine water pump speed seal.
- Dual Racor 500 fuel filter system.
- Racor water sensor kits & gauges for fuel filters.
- Racor fuel vacuum gauge.
- Fuel gauge in the galley.
- Engine exhaust water is looped and vented to the highest point to prevent back siphoning.
- 1.25” stainless steel shaft.
- Tides Marine shaft seal.
- Easy all around access to engine service points, dip stick, oil fill, oil filter and water pump.
- Prop protector shaft line cutter.
- Electric oil change system.
- Engine cover filled with lined, sound deadening insulation.
- Five separate removable access doors with gaskets and flush easy open non-rattling latches.
- The entire aft half of the cover is designed for easy removal for convenient service and maintenance.
Spars and Rigging
- Aluminum mast (supported by discontinuous rod rigging).
- Double air foil spreaders.
- Leisurefurl boom. (2004)
- Insulated backstay (for SSB).
- Storm trysail track.
- Continuous reefing system.
- Schaefer headsail furler. (2004)
- Adjustable genoa cars (from cockpit).
- Removable inner forestay w/release lever and storage devise aft.
- Staysail sheet tracks on cabin top with sheets led aft to rope clutches under dodger.
- Running backstays.
- Harken manual backstay adjuster.
- Boom preventer.
- Traveler on cabin top with control lines led to cockpit.
- Forespar vang. (2004)
- Topping lift.
- Carbon fiber spinnaker pole with track storage.
- Folding mast steps.
- Spartite. (2004)
- Running rigging replaced. (2004)
- Mast head flag halyards.
- Turnbuckles fitted to custom made chainplates with welded cover plates thru bolted at bulkheads and deck. (Rebed 2009)
- The following are controlled from the cockpit (on the cabin top): staysail sheets, main furling line, main halyard, main sheet, vang, topping lift, and preventer.
- Double-ended mainsheet allows tending from cabintop or helm.
- North full batten mainsail. (2004)
- North Nordac 130% furling genoa with foam luff pad and UV cover.
- North 110% furling jib. (2004)
- North Nordac 100% furling yankee.
- North Storm Staysail (w/deck storage bag).
- North Storm Trysail.
- North full radial Gennaker (w/snuffer).
- Two Lewmar 58 CCST self-tailing primary winches.
- Two Lewmar 44 CCST two speed self-tailing secondary winches.
- One Lewmar 44 CCST two speed self-tailing cabin top winch.
- One Lewmar 44 CCEST electric self-tailing cabin top halyard winch.
- Two Lewmar 40 CCST two speed self-tailing halyard winches.
Anchoring & Mooring
- Stainless stem fitting holds two rigged anchors.
- 55# Delta primary anchor with 200 feet of 3/8 inch HT galvanized chain and 200 of rode.
- 44# Bruce secondary anchor with 30 feet of chain and 200 feet of rode.
- Both primary and secondary rodes secured to underside of deck in forepeak.
- Anchor rodes marked at 25 foot intervals.
- Fortress storm anchor.
- Anchor Rode snubber with chain hook.
- SS chafe plate on foredeck.
- Stern anchor rode of 30 feet of chain and 150 feet of rode.
- Life jackets.
- Wooden plugs attached to each through hull with a lanyard.
- Jack lines.
- M.O.M. (Man overboard module).
- Winslow 6-person liferaft (with liferaft storage built into lazerette).
- Horseshoe buoy with ss rack.
- Engine auto fire extinguisher system.
- Emergency Tiller.
- Dry chemical fire extinguishers.
- Abandon ship bag with water, rations, flares, and handheld watermaker.
- Spare parts kit.
- Misc. spare bulbs and fuses.
- Lee clothes in aft cabin and main cabin.
- Fitted bunk sheets.
- Canvas weather cloths.
- Canvas hatch dodgers.
- Canvas dorade storage bags.
- Flag staff and socket.
- Dock lines.
- Fenders with polar fleece covers.
- Fender board.
- Boat hooks.
- Throwable life cushions.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.