Check Your Credit
The Morris 46 is designed and built as an ultimate oceangoing thoroughbred. Customized craftsmanship coupled with state of the art cruising performance affords a rare opportunity to own a truly outstanding yacht of enduring value. CARINTHIA was built as a luxurious and efficient world cruiser with many thoughtful additions under the close watch of Tom Morris. CARINTHIA has proven herself with three transatlantic trips and underwent a major re-fit in 2008. Some of the refit highlights include Awlgripped hull, Awlgripped mast, new radar/chartplotter, new autopilot, new stainless steel hatches, new fuel tank, new rudder, new batteries, new Espar heater, new watermaker, and new bow thruster. CARINTHIA has been impeccably maintained and upgraded and represents a fantastic opportunity to own an extremely capable world-cruising sailboat, built by world-renowned craftspeople!
|Fuel ||Diesel||Hull Material ||Fiberglass|| |
|Beam ||12 ft 9 in||Draft Board/Drive Up ||5 ft 6 in|| |
|Engine Make ||Yanmar||Engine Model ||4JH2-TE|| |
|Engine Year ||1997||Fuel Capacity ||150 gal|| |
|Length at Waterline ||34 ft 6 in||Length Overall ||45 ft 11 in|| |
|Holding Tank Size ||28 gal||Water Capacity ||130 gal|| |
|Engine Hours ||3560||Number of Engines ||1|| |
For Sale by
53 Granville Road
- Solid fiberglass, single skin construction.
- Hydrex vinylester resin.
- Centerline reinforcement gives approximate centerline thickness of 1.5”.
- Two longitudinal stringers of cored fiberglass.
- Transverse reinforced longitudinal stringers.
- Awlgripped Hull with double white boot stripe. (New paint 2008)
- Gold leaf cove stripe.
- Teak rubrail with stainless steel ½ oval.
- 1” core except in way of hatches, genoa tracks, stanchion bases, mast partners and other deck hardware where solid fiberglass replaces the core material.
- One piece construction with molded-in fiberglass bulwark.
- All hardware locations are drilled, tapped, bedded and thru bolted completely through the deck.
- Trunk cabin sides are solid fiberglass.
- The deck is permanently bonded to the hull using a horizontal integral laminated hull shelf and thru bolted on 8” centers.
- White gelcoat with light tan nonskid on cabintop.
- Teak side decks.
- Classic Herreshoff finish trimmed in mahogany with high gloss varnish.
- All doors are raised panel and the passage doors are arched.
- Opening stainless steel portlights.
- Opening stainless steel hatches (new 2008)
- 12-volt fans.
Carinthia’s forward cabin features a centerline double berth aft of a watertight bulkhead. Access to the anchor rode locker is through a deck hatch. The forward cabin is completed by extensive storage, both hanging locker and drawers, and a vanity with wash basin.
Moving aft, the main salon has a dinette to port with a large fixed table and a settee to starboard. Both the starboard settee and the port seat of the dinette pull out to create large sea berths. There is excellent storage outboard and behind the seatbacks. To starboard is a Alphatronic 21” flat screen TV.
The forward-facing nav desk is aft of the main salon and to starboard.
Opposite is the U-shaped galley, with twin stainless sinks, refrigerator and separate freezer, three burner Force 10 propane stove with oven, and ample storage.
Aft of the galley is the aft stateroom with a double berth, hanging locker, dresser and custom stowage for charts and small gear.
To starboard of the companionway is the head, complete with separate stall shower, hanging foul weather gear locker, sink and toilet.
- Paine/Morris shoal draft/high performance keel (5’6” draft).
- 8,200 pounds externally ballasted lead.
- Yanmar, 4 cylinder, fresh water cooled diesel engine.
- Engine is mounted on four flexible rubber mounts bolted to the fiberglass engine beds integral to hull.
- Engine is located under the galley counter in an extremely well insulated (sound and heat) engine compartment.
- Excellent access to engine area through removable panels.
- 1 ½” stainless steel shaft mounted through an Aquadrive system for vibration damping, inboard stern tube and two water injected cutlass bearings.
- Three bladed 20” Gori folding propeller.
- Prop Protector line cutter.
- Fuel tanks are of aluminum construction with a capacity of 130 gallons.
- Fuel filter(s) are Racor 75/500MAX dual system.
- Fuel tank level monitored using WEMA gauge system.
- Primary fuel tank is located under the main cabin dinette platform and is easily accessed for maintenance. (New 2008)
- A 12V transfer pump allows fuel to be moved from tank to tank.
- Fresh water storage total capacity is 150 gallons stored in three separate tanks.
- Ultrawhisper Sea Recovery Watermaker with a capacity of 25 gallons per hour. (new 2008)
- Atlantic stainless steel hot water storage tank with 10-gallon capacity.
- Hot water supplied by engine heat transfer or 220-volt AC system.
- Hot and cold pressure water system supplies water to forward vanity sink basin faucet, galley sink basin, after head sink basin faucet / showerhead, cockpit shower and anchor/ deck wash-down system.
- Manually supplied (foot-pump) fresh water at galley and sink basins.
- Anchor/deck wash down system plumbed for use of either fresh or salt water.
- Raritan PH III marine toilet. (Rebuilt 2008)
- Discharge line is equipped with Y-valve to allow for discharge overboard or to a waste holding tank.
- Waste holding tank capacity is 28 gallons.
- Holding tank may be emptied through the waste deck fitting or may be discharged overboard using an electric Macerator pump (New 2008).
- Two-basin stainless steel sink.
- Well insulated icebox divided into separate refrigerator and freezer compartments.
- Refrigeration cooling supplied by two separate Sea Frost refrigeration units; one engine driven and the other a shore assist AC system.
- Force-10 three-burner propane stove /oven.
- Propane supply is two 10 lb. Propane cylinders stored in a sealed and ventilated locker.
- Propane supply is controlled using a Trident LPG gas solenoid control and fume detection unit.
- Espar D5 cabin heater with five outlets (2008)
- Edson Quadrant system with chain and cable linkage (2008).
- New custom rudder/post. (2008)
- Sidepower Bowthruster. (2008)
- 12-volt DC and a European 220-volt/ 50 HZ AC electrical system.
- 220-volt AC system (fed from either a 12-volt DC Trace 2500 watt inverter, a diesel powered generator or by shore side electrical supply).
- House battery bank consists of (4) 8D batteries configured as one bank. (New 2008)
- House batteries are charged by Cruising Equipment 140-amp alternator.
- Engine starting battery. (New 2008)
- Starting battery is charged by Heart Echo Charger.
- A 220v/32amp Shore Power inlet for house systems with 50 foot cord.
- Northern Lights 6KW Marine Diesel Generator (295 Hours).
Deck Fittings and Equipment
- Stainless steel custom bow rail with incorporated seat.
- Stainless stern rail. (customized to include two-rod holders and is fitted with outboard motor bracket and a Novalift crane).
- Stainless lifeline stanchions.
- Double stainless steel wire lifelines port and starboard with opening gates amidships.
- A three-piece SS boarding ladder mounts at either port or starboard gate.
- Stainless steel chocks and cleats for docking lines at bow, stern and amidships port and starboard.
- A second mid-rail cleat was added port and starboard.
- Double stainless steel anchor roller fitted with Lewmar Concept 2 dual direction windlass with foot switches on the foredeck and remote control at helm.
- Additional chain pipe for secondary anchor chain/rode.
- Inner forestay tang and tack fittings.
- Inner forestay storage hardware.
- Opening hatches for forward lazzarette, forward cabin, forward head, main cabin areas, aft heads and after sleeping cabin. (New 2008)
- Four stainless steel dorade vents with stainless steel guards provide ventilation to forward cabin, forward head and main cabin areas.
- Stainless steel deck fills for water, waste and fuel.
- Varnished teak caprails, coaming caps, cockpit table and drink holder, teak dorade boxes.
- Stainless steel grabrails on cabintop.
- Custom hard dodger, glassed, faired, and integral to the deck. (includes two opening front windows, sliding hatch in the center, and a mounting spot for solar panels port and starboard).
- Teak seats, cockpit sole, and area below dodger.
- Edson wheel steering with brake and single engine controls.
- Binnacle is protected by custom 4-leg pedestal guard.
- Pedestal cover.
- Stainless steel wheel with elkhide cover.
- Winch pockets.
- Teak helmsman foot blocks.
- Cockpit table.
- Varnished drink holder at pedestal.
- Starboard side sail locker with line storage.
- Portside gear locker.
- Helmsman seat locker.
- Companionway drop boards and hatch.
- Companionway screen doors.
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Ockam Offshore sailing instruments package including five Multi-function displays and integrated flux gate compass (reconditioned including new transducers 2008).
- Trimble NT200D Differential GPS with display mounted at Navigation Station and Smart Card Reader.
- Simrad AP 25 Autopilot. (New 2008)
- Furuno GA-1920C radar/chartplotter (New 2008) mounted in cockpit bulkhead and radar dome mounted utilizing Questus backstay mount.
- Icom M 58 VHF radio.
- IMMARSAT-C SYSTEM with Combo antenna.
- Ritchie Helm Compass and Electronic Rate Sensing Compass.
Spars and Rigging
- GMT Carbon Fiber Mast in a double spreader masthead rig sloop configuration. (Masthead height less electronics is at 61 ft allowing for use of the Inland Waterway.) Awlgripped “Snow White”. (New paint 2008)
- Antal 40 main sail track.
- Storm trysail track.
- Removable inner forestay.
- Running backstays.
- Carbon fiber masthead truck with wind instrument, Windex, VHF antenna.
- The standing rigging is fabricated by GMT utilizing Dyform wire and Norseman fittings.
- Schaefer System 3000 Roller-Furling Headstay.
- A spare wire shroud and 4 Norseman fittings are included.
- Running rigging: Main halyard, Jib halyard, Spinnaker halyard, Staysail halyard, Flag halyard
- (masthead), Flag halyard (spreader), Reefing lines for 1st and 2nd reefs, Main Sheet, Jib sheets, Staysail sheets, Jib furling line, Genoa lead control Lines, Traveler control lines, Running backstays, Lazy jacks, and Vang control line. (New Running Rigging 2008)
- Harken traveler.
- Hall Quick-Vang.
- Harken adjustable genoa tracks.
- Lewmar rope clutches.
- Harken blocks.
- An internal boom preventer is rigged inside the boom and led aft.
- The main sail is rigged with continuous reefing.
- (2) Lewmar 62CCST two speed primaries. (port and starboard on winch islands outboard of the cockpit coaming).
- (2) Lewmar 44CCST two speed secondary winches (port and starboard on the cockpit Coaming).
- Lewmar 44CCEST electric halyard winch (mounted on the cabin top port side at the cockpit).
- Lewmar 44CCST manual winch (mounted starboard of the companionway).
- Lewmar 44CCST two speed manual halyard winches (mounted on deck aft and outboard of the mast step).
- North Sails 8-oz Soft Norlam Offshore Mainsail with 4 full-length battens and Antal luff hardware.
- North Sails 8.5-oz Soft Norlam 130%, Genoa with white dacron UV cover at leach and foot and foam luff pad for reefing.
- North Sails Premium Dacron 90% Yankee with UV cover and foam luff pad.
- North Sails Storm Jib and Storm Trysail.
- North Sails Full Radial Gennaker in Snuffer Plus.
- Primary anchor system consists of a 45lb CQR anchor with 150’ of 5/16” HT ISO galvanized chain and 100’ of 5/8” three-strand nylon rode spliced to chain.
- The primary chain is lead through the chain gypsy of the anchor windlass and directly to the chain locker.
- Secondary anchor system consists of a 44lb Bruce anchor with 50’ of 5/16” HT ISO 40 galvanized chain and 200’ of 5/8” three strand nylon rode spliced to chain.
- Deck pipe is mounted forward of the windlass to access the secondary chain/rode.
- Fortress FX23 with rode is provided.
- Storm Anchor is Luke 70# mounted in chocks under cabin sole
- The chain locker is divided athwartship to facilitate the storage of both primary and secondary chain/rode.
- Windlass is a Lewmar Concept 2, Vertical Dual Direction, 12-volt DC electric windlass with up and down foot switches and cockpit remote.
- Lines and fenders.
- Custom stainless emergency tiller.
- Secured cabin sole, floor grates, chart table, nav seat, galley & icebox lids, drop boards.
- Life jackets.
- Wooden plugs attached to each through hull with a lanyard.
- Jack lines.
- M.O.M. (Man overboard module).
- Winslow Liferaft.
- Engine auto fire extinguisher system.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Abandon ship bag.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.