Boat History Report
Check Your Credit
PRICE JUST DROPPED $2,600 - NEAT NORTHWEST CRUISER!
This delightful Ted Brewer-designed pocket cruiser is roomy, attractively designed & a nice performing sailboat - she has a traditional flair topsides, but a performance hull design below the waterline. Built in Clearwater, FL by Nimble Boats, relatively few of this 30' sloop design were built or delivered to the West Coast. YIN YANG offers a unique, well-designed, sturdily-constructed, nicely fitted out, well-kept, easily-handled cruiser for plying the extensive islands and passages of the Pacific Northwest.
Now at Discovery Yachts' docks on Lake Union. Call now with questions you may have & to arrange a time for a personal viewing.
Get a shipping quote
|Fuel ||Diesel||Hull Material ||Fiberglass|| |
|Beam ||9 ft 4 in||Max Draft ||5 ft 6 in|| |
|Dry Weight ||6500 lb||Engine Make ||Yanmar|| |
|Engine Model ||2GM20F||Fuel Capacity ||20 gal|| |
|Length at Waterline ||25 ft 8 in||Length on Deck ||29 ft 11 in|| |
|Length Overall ||33 ft 2 in||Holding Tank Size ||15 gal|| |
|Water Capacity ||40 gal||Engine Hours ||2145|| |
|Number of Engines ||1|| || || |
For Sale by
Name Mark Gilbert CPYB
Day Phone (206) 301-9104
- Very traditional & nautical layout plan & interior features.
- Teak & holly cabin sole; fabric/canvas headliner & ceilings against hull sides.
- Teak veneer on main bulkhead; laminate used in head & galley areas, seat risers, table surfaces, etc.
- Surprisinging good headroom throughout accommodates most folks - approximately 6'2" on centerline.
- Bronze opening ports on the cabin sides, as well as overhead hatches for light & ventilation.
- Large double berth forwardmost w/ access to the chain locker, storage over & under, as well as a good-sized hanging locker opposite the bathroom.
- The bathroom is just aft to starboard w/ manual marine toilet, vanity sink, hot/cold pressure water & shower wand w/ shower sump & 12V pump.
- Amidships is the salon w/ straight settee/berths to port, L-shape convertible settee to starboard & a double dropleaf table on centerline. Storage outboard & above the settees.
- There is a bulkhead-mounted diesel cabin heater forward to port & several newer brass reading lights.
- Aftmost is the companionway entry on centerline, w/ the galley stove/oven & storage to port, and the large galley sink, ice box & additional storage to starboard.
- Engine access is exceptional from under the companionway stairs & also from a large hatch in the cockpit sole.
Electronics & Electrical Systems
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION
- Plastimo 4" bulkhead-mounted compass in the cockpit (2008).
- Autohelm 2000 tiller autopilot.
- Standard Horizon digital DEPTH & SPEED/LOG instruments mounted in the forward cockpit seat riser, either side of the engine instrument panel.
- Icom ICM422 VHF marine radio mounted just inside the companionway to starboard of the electrical service panel (2007).
- Garmin GPSMAP 740s GPS/chartplotter/radar display w/ GMR 18/24 Radome, hardwired & installed on a swivel base at the overhead just inside the companionway to port (system 2010 - display replaced 2012 under warranty).
- Sony CTXGT10M AM/FM/CD stereo player w/ KLM speakers port & starboard (2008).
- Windex at the masthead.
12V DC & 110V AC systems w/ custom Nimble master control panel under the companionway.
Auxiliary Sea-Dog Line 12V DC breaker panel installed to service added navigational electronics (2011).
AC main & auxiliary switches w/ circuit breakers & indicator lights for AC ON/OFF & Reverse Polarity.
4-position battery selector switch on the master panel, as well as circuit breakers for various DC service.
Gauge for battery condition 1 & 2 on the master panel.
(2) Group 24 wet-cell batteries (2007).
Hubbell 30A/125V shore power connector & 30A shore power cord.
Battery charging from engine alternator & Guest dual output automatic battery charger.
(3) new reading lights for the salon & new steaming/spreader lights (2008).
12V "plug-in" outlet added (2008).
- Yanmar 2GM20F 2-cylinder, fresh-water cooled marine diesel engine.
- Excellent access under the companionway stairs & through a large hatch in the cockpit sole.
- Engine secondary plus RACOR primary fuel filters; waterlift muffler.
- 1" stainless steel propeller shaft; PSS dripless shaft seal; FRP stern tube; rubber cutless bearing in bronze strut; 14" 2-blade Martek folding prop (spare 2-blade fixed bronze prop).
- New raw water strainer for engine (2007).
- New motor mounts, belts, hoses & full tune-up (2008).
- Engine instrument panel mounted in the forward cockpit seat riser w/ tachometer, ignition & audible/visual alarms. Engine hour meter located next to the master electrical panel below the companionway.
- Steering by laminated tiller to rudder post.
- Single-lever engine throttle & gear control in starboard cockpit seat riser.
Bronze thru-hull fittings & valves serviced & replaced as needed (2008).
New Rule automatic/electric bilge pump w/ control panel at companionway (2008); Whale manual emergency bilge pump in the cockpit.
Jabsco manual marine toilet w/ Y-valve, holding tank & deck pump-out port.
12V fresh-water pump; 12V shower sump pump added (2008).
6-gallon hot water heater heats from AC shoreside or engine heat exchanger.
Hi-Seas M-50 diesel-fired, bulkhead-mounted cabin heater.
GSI 2-burner stainless steel gimballed LPG stove/oven w/ Trident Gas Control Panel at the companionway. LPG panel plus CO & smoke detectors new (2008). Single 2.5# aluminum LPG bottle w/ pressure gauge.
FrostMate 12V evaporator-style refrigeration system in the ice box.
Sails and Rigging
- Masthead sloop rig w/ extruded aluminum (painted) spar system.
- Keel-stepped, single-spreader mast w/ internal halyards.
- Standing rigging is 1 x 19 stainless steel wire w/ swaged terminals, open-body turnbuckles, stainless steel toggles & stainless steel chainplates.
- Running rigging is braided Dacron (or similar) - main halyard new (2010).
- All mainsail control lines lead aft to (6) Lewmar Spinlock rope clutches on the cabintop.
- Barient bronze winches include (2) 22ST primaries on the cockpit coamings & (2) 10P halyard on the housetop under the dodger.
- End-boom sheeting w/ Ronstan adjustable mainsheet traveller (2008).
- Sail inventory by North Sails includes: Full-batten dacron main w/ 2 set of reef points (2004, sail slides renewed 2010); 135% furling genoa (2004); cruising spinnaker w/ sock (2004).
- Block & tackle boom vang; lazy jacks for the mainsail; Forespar telescoping whisker pole stores outboard in brackets on stanchions; mainsail canvas cover.
- Furlex headsail furling system w/ control line led aft to the cockpit.
Deck Gear & Equipment
- Stainless steel bow & stern pulpits; stainless steel tapered stanchions w/ new double, stainless steel, uncoated lifelines (2007); boarding gates either side w/ pelican hooks; stainless steel guard over the cabin heater stack.
- Full-length, black-anodized, extruded aluminum "holy rails" either side.
- Sturdy bronze mooring cleats fore & aft w/ hawse fairleads.
- Full-length teak rubrails at the sheer; full-length teak handrails on the cabin top.
- FRP "garage" for the sliding companionway hatch.
- Teak butterfly hatch over the main salon & FRP hatch over the forward cabin.
- (7) oval, bronze opening ports in the cabin sides.
- New cockpit dodger (2004) w/ stainless steel frames & stainless steel "wrap-around" handhold continuous from side to side - very nice!
- All canvas new (2004) in Sunbrella khaki - dodger, mainsail cover, butterfly hatch cover, tiller cover, etc.
- Heavy-gauge anchor davit w/ roller at the bow; 35# CQR primary anchor w/ chain & rode combination - stores in a large foredeck anchor well.
- Full set BottomSider cockpit cushions; (9) black Taylor fenders; numerous mooring lines; telescoping boat hook.
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Nimble 30 was designed for sailing pleasure and visual charm, human comfort and pride of ownership. This hedonistic approach left no quarter for plastic parts, cheap construction, or the Madison Avenue advertising campaign that suggests you can accommodate the passengers of the Queen Mary on a 30-foot sailboat. The boat had to look right, feel good, and sail well. These three requirements translate into a glorious topside, a modern underbody, and a boat designed for the human body. There is no reason such a pleasurable boat cannot be competitively priced - and the Nimble 30 is. ?? Designed by Ted Brewer, the Nimble 30 reflects the latest thought process in cruising hull design. The parameters are that she must be strongly built yet light in weight with the ability to carry a sufficient load of stores. 2,700 pounds can be loaded into her and she will go down only 3 inches in the water. A canoe stern hull was chosen not only for its great beauty but also for the safety of its design. The stern will assist in parting following waves. The keel is strong enough to support the weight of the boat out of water, when drying out or in the event one goes aground. The centerboard version has a shaped board with the pennant attached above the water line. When the board is up it fits into a mated slot thus virtually eliminating turbulence.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.