Check Your Credit
(LOCATION: Sydney AUS) The Osborn Charlton OC50 is a contemporary deck saloon, designed by John King - (original hull lines); Andy Dovell - (new deck and interior arrangement) and built in Australia. The OC50DS performance cruiser embraces key design elements of safety, style and function with a wonderfully spacious cockpit and opulent saloon, the result is a perfect combination of sail-ability and generous spaces to enjoy both coastal and long distance sailing with family and friends.
On deck we have a large, open, cockpit featuring dual helm stations, guest seating to either side, centerline drop-leaf table, cockpit refrigerator, teak trim, and walk-through transom. Designed for comfortable accommodations while underway or at rest there is room for enjoyable sailing, relaxing, entertaining, or alfresco dining.
The interior accommodations are spacious with center saloon and forward and aft staterooms. As you enter the saloon you will find a large wraparound settee with dining table to your left. It fills the port side with a comfortable seating and dining area. To starboard the full galley is aft with everything you need for an extended cruise. The galley features a Panasonic Stainless Steel Microwave Oven, U-tec Fridge / Freezer, and Force 10 five-burner gimballed range with grill / oven. Forward of the galley is the nav station with captain’s chair, chart table, and SCADA touch-screen systems controls.
This OC50DS has three staterooms. The master stateroom is forward with island berth, under-berth storage, bulkhead storage, hanging locker, and private head. The port side guest stateroom has upper and lower single berths. To starboard is a guest/day head and shower. There’s a third stateroom aft, port side, with double berth.
Convenience features include: Mase genset, bow thruster, Victron Energy System, Media Centre with Fusion 4 Channel Stereo, Saloon and Cockpit Speakers and Fusion Flat Screen TV, and air conditioning. Auxiliary power is provided by a 110-hp Yanmar diesel engine. Sails include: a 807 ft2 Mainsail, 549 ft2 headsail, 172 ft2 storm jib, and a 1593 ft2 MPS. Designed for upscale sailing pleasure this Osborn Charlton OC50SD is ready to sail, call for more information and to schedule a showing.
|Fuel ||Diesel||Hull Material ||Fiberglass|| |
|Beam ||14 ft 9 in||Draft Board/Drive Up ||5 ft 7 in|| |
|Engine Make ||Yanmar||Engine Model ||Diesel|| |
|Fuel Capacity ||264 gal||Length at Waterline ||39 ft 8 in|| |
|Length Overall ||50 ft||Water Capacity ||1000 gal|| |
|Number of Engines ||1|| || || |
For Sale by
2523 Permit Place
New Port Richey
The OC50 performance cruiser embraces key design elements of safety, style and functionality with a wonderfully spacious cockpit and opulent saloon, the result is a perfect combination of sail-ability and generous spaces to enjoy both coastal and long distance sailing with family and friends.
- Three Stateroom Interior with Deck Saloon
- Spacious Saloon with Large Windows, Light Wood Trim, White Leather Upholserty, and Teak Sole
- Large Wraparound Settee with Dining Table
- Full Galley
- Nav Station with Chart Table
- SCADA Tounch-Screen Controls
- Master Stateroom Forward with Island Berth, Ample Storage, and Private Head Compartment
- Guest Stateroom with Upper and Lower Berths
- Guest Head and Shower
- Aft Stateroom with Double Bert
- Excellent hull strength hand laid composite GPR, aqua-guard gel coat
- True deck saloon with solid GRP and high load areas incorporate carbon fibre
- Internal layout & materials customized to your requirements.
- Spacious “entertainer” cockpit makes entertaining a pleasure.
- Navigation table in the raised saloon better than 180º view without being exposed to the weather.
- Interior style and comfort with heating and cooling and the latest technology in sound and vision.
- Stiff hull with excellent sea keeping qualities and a displacement providing a comfortable ride in all conditions and ideal for blue water passage making.
- Semi-long integral keel tacks exceptionally well.
- High specification electrical and instrumentation, halogen free wiring throughout, providing safer / cleaner environment.
- Electrical schematics, on board data base and troubleshooting guides complete with “how to use” manuals add to your confidence.
- Open Cockpit
- Dual Helm Stations
- Guest Seating to Either Side
- Center Drop-Leaf Table
- Walk-Through Transom
Deck & Hull
- Hull - Hand laid GRP and end grain balsa using aqua-guard Gelcoat, vinyl ester resin throughout with AC 200 anti-corrosion mat, and incorporates 40% biaxial unidirectional rovings. Carbon capped stringers. Composite Construction with end grain balsa core providing superior strength, thermal insulation and acoustic insulation resulting in a high strength to weight ratio. Below waterline gelcoat is painted with epoxy primer and then 2 x coats of your choice of anti-fouling.
- Deck - The deck is hand laid composite GRP and end grain balsa with solid GRP in the high load areas (winches and tracks) and has biaxial and unidirectional rovings in the laminate.
- Bulkheads - (structural) are composite GRP and end grain Balsa with carbon unidirectional in high stress areas.
- Keel - Integral keel with 5200 kg lead ballast is encapsulated in hull.
- Rudder - fitted with 316 stainless steel stock with low friction plain bearings.
- Through Hull - Tru-Design CE plastic or bronze through hulls and seacock’s.
- Chain Plates - manufactured in carbon fibre.
- Stem Head - stainless steel stem head fitting with anchor roller and MPS attachment point.
- Gas Bottle locker - 2 x 9 kgs bottles.
- Mast - deck stepped double swept back spreader mast with carbon fibre compression structure in main bulkhead
- Main halyard and topping lift - 1 jib halyard, 1 spinnaker halyard, spinnaker pole topping lift (doubles as storm jib halyard), pole hoist and down haul. Boom with slab reefing system, lazy jacks and hydraulic vang.
- Main Sail Batt Car System - Fredrickson
- Sails - Fully battened mainsail with two reefs, headsail on furler, storm jib with MPS in Spinnaker Sock
- Steaming and spreader lights - Mast head Tri-colour Navigation; Steaming Light and Stern Light.
- SS Pulpit - Split push pit and stanchions with stainless lifelines, gates port and starboard.
- Anchor - 60 lb with 80m of 10 mm chain.
- Winches - Harken, all self tailing, 2 x primary headsail winches, 1 x powered halyard winches, 1 x halyard winch, 2 x mainsheet winch, 1 x reefing winch
- Sheet tracks - Aluminum headsail sheet tracks with pin stop cars
- Halyard - Halyard line jammers, fairleads.
- Steering System - Dual Edson cable steering system with 2 x 40” leather wheels
- Engine Controls - located Starboard helm station.
- Hand Rails - Teak hand rails on cabin tops
- Access - Walk through access to stern.
- Deck Hatches - Lewmar Aluminum deck hatches
- Deck Lights - 8 x 100 mm Deck Lights in Foredeck
Mast & Rigging
- Mast - Whale Spars double swept spreader anodized fractional rig.
- Mast Mounted Halyard Winch - Electric (Harken Uni-drive)
- Starboard Mast Mounted Halyard Winch - Manual (Harken)
- Mast Mounted Halyard & Control Line Clutches - Spinlock
- Boom - Whale Spars anodized
- Spinnaker Pole - Mast stowable anodised
- Rigging - 1 x 19 SS standing rigging, forestay, inner forestay, discontinuous shrouds, swept back configuration, split backstay
- Headsail Furler - Harken MKIV 3E below deck, simple streamlined and user friendly
- Auxiliary Engine - Yanmar 110hp with shaft drive, fresh water cooled.
- Auxiliary Engine Controls - dual controls
- Propeller - Gori 3 Blade Folding propeller
- Shaft Seal - PSS Shaft Seal
- Bow Thruster - Lewmar 3 kW (185TT 3.0 24V )
- Electrical Supply - 24VDC System AGM Battery Power, 240VAC Shore Power/5,000W Inverter, 7Kw Mase IS7.1 Diesel Genset
- Generator Starting Battery - One Maintenance Free DEKA 9A31P Intimidator Series Dual Purpose Cranking Battery 12V AGM (100AHr )
- House Batteries - Four Lifeline GPL-8DL Deep Cycle 24V AGM (510AHr)
- Engine Starting Battery - One Maintenance Free DEKA 9A31P Intimidator Series Dual Purpose Cranking Battery 12V AGM (100AHr)
- Inverter / Charger - Victron Energy QUATTRO 5kVA
- Air Conditioning - Webasto Blue Cool Classic Self Contained Reversible 240VAC 20000BTU
- Navigation Lights - COLREGS
- Instruments - Raymarine E Series EW90 Hybrid Touch Navigation Screens port & starboard helms, VHF GPS Mayday positioning, GPS Plot, Auto Pilot, Depth, Hull Speed, Wind direction / Speed, RADAR, Gyro Compass and Helm Compass.
- Interior Helm - SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition software) - VDU Display 17" Touch Screens + 1 x E90W repeater 17" display screen interior helm Auto pilot on network.
- Radio - VHF Raymarine RAY55E + RAYMIC remote helm station.
- Stereo - Fusion CD/DVD player (optional) with AMP, 2 Speakers in cockpit + 2 speakers in saloon PC based entertainment standard.
- Auto Pilot - Raymarine SPX-30 Smart Pilot System
- TV - Flat Screen LCD
A SCADA touch screen display replaces the myriad of proprietary dials, displays and switches. All the information is graphically displayed on the SCADA touch screen, for example controlling your engines and bow thrusters. It is possible for components of your vessel to be brought to a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), a reliability product that has been widely proven for critical areas in industry and now has been embraced by the marine industry. As far as maintenance is concerned if there is a failure, the SCADA system displays the fault, logs the event and can even display countermeasures and repair advice. With SCADA you can access and control it all, at the touch of a button - true on board integration OC50.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.