|Make||Pacific Seacraft -CREALOCK-- -|
|Model||CUTTER RIG --amazing upgrades|
|Length at Water Line||40 ft 4 in|
|Beam||12 ft 5 in|
|Max Draft||5 ft 2 in|
|Dry Weight||24000 lb|
|Cabin Headroom||6 ft 5 in|
|Fuel Tanks||1 x 110 gal (UK)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||1 x 100 gal (UK)|
With their ruggedness and seakindly characteristics as well as their attention to quality and fine appointments, the Crealock designed Pacific Seacraft yachts are regarded by many knowledgable cruising "experts" as the ultimate bluewater cruisers. The original Pacific Seacraft company received many public accolades including recognition (twice!) by Fortune magazine as among the products that "America does best."
The PS-40 is often regarded as the queen of the Pacific Seacraft fleet. LIBERTY, with her meticulous care and extensive upgrades, is a standout example of this premier Crealock/ Pacific Seacraft collaboration.
- Rugged Pacific Seacraft construction
- Seakindly and seaworthy Crealock design
- Rich, varnished teak joinery belowdecks; Corian countertops
- Two private staterooms with double berths
- Reverse cycle AC/heat throughout
- 6KW genset for 110V power
- Cutter rig -with furling headsail and staysail
- Recent electronics refit w/ many redundancies
- Radar/chartplotters; autopilot; SSB, etc, etc
- Dodger and Bimini w/ full enclosure
- Yanmar diesel w/ 3 blade feathering Maxprop
- Much more
- Varnished teak joinery throughout
- Varnished teak & holly cabin sole -w/ positive locking hatches
- Marine-Air vector-compact 3-zone reverse cycle AC/heat
- Ample light and ventilation via 14 opening ports and 2 Bomar hatches (all w/screens)
- Owner's stateroom forward, w/ spacious V-berth, and generous storage in drawers, lockers and shelves
- Main salon features U-shape dinette to starboard -convertible to double berth; adjustable height table with dropleaf to port settee/berth
- Gimbaled brass lantern on main bulkhead to port -w/ substitutable brass flower vase
- Spacious nav-station is aft to port in main salon; galley (described below) is to starboard
- Enclosed head w/ Corian-top vanity -and separate shower is aft to port
- Private guest stateroom is aft to starboard
- Ample storage throughout; Hella fans; LED lighting
- "G-shape" galley w/ Corian countertops
- Ample storage in teak cabinets, shelves, and drawers; nav-desk converst to level mode -for additional counterspace
- Force10 3-burner propane stove w/oven
- GE microwave (10)
- Adler-Barbour 12V refrigeration/freezer ('06)
- Deep, double SS sinks -on centerline w/ hot and cold pressure water
- Manual footpump and spigot for fresh water
SAILS and RIGGING
- Cutter rig -with dual furlers
- Ullman full-batten mainsail w/ Mackpak and lazyjacks
- Ullman furling 120% yankee -w/ Harken furler
- Ullman furling staysail -w/ Harken furler
- Quantum cruising spinnaker ('06) -lightly used
- Running backstays -for heavy weather
- Forespar adjustable rod-vang
- Telescoping whisker pole ('06)
- Most halyards and reeflines lead aft -to 10 stoppers
- Harken 4-part mainsheet traveler
- 8 Harken 2 speed self-tailing winches: 2 #52 primary, #40 electric/main-halyard or mainsheet, 2 #40 halyard/reef, #42 mainsheet, 2 #32 halyard/reef -on mast
I : 49.50 ft
J : 18.42 ft
P : 43.50 ft
E : 18.00 ft
Working Sail Area : 847.00 sq ft
- Raymarine E80 chartplotter/radar display -at helm ('08)
- Raymarine E120 chartplotter/radar display -at nav-desk ('08) .w/interface for laptop
- Raymarine 24" 4kW radome -on Questus mount ('08)
- Raymarine ST60+ depth, knot/log, wind ('08)
- B&G Network autopilot
- B&G depth, knot/log -with repeater at nav-desk
- Icom M-802 SSB transceiver w/ Icom remote speaker ('08) -weatherfax adaptable
- Icom M-402 VHF transceiver
- C.A.R.D collision avoidance system
- Raymarine Lifetag MOB waypoint system
- Seaworthy stereo/CD w/ 10disc changer and Bose speakers
- Custom expandable burglar alarm system -w/motion detector
- 2 CO detectors
- AGM group-31 five battery "house" bank -w/ dedicated selector switch
- Control panel w/ 24 breakers (2 spare)
- AGM group-31 engine start battery -w/ dedicated selector switch
- AGM group 31 genset battery -w/ dedicated selector switch
- Two 12V outlets
- Balmar 80A alternator
110V system -from shorepower, genset, or inverter
- Northern Lights 6kW diesel genset
- Two 30A shorepower circuits -w/ inlets and cords
- Control panel -w/ 21 breakers (9 spare)
- Freedom 20 2kW inverter/ charger
- 9 outlets
DECK and OTHER EQUIPMENT
- Gloss-varnished teak brightwork
- Signature raised bulwarks -for safety and seakeeping
- Dodger and bimini -w/ isenglass connector; full cockpit enclosure for bimini (all '05)
- Muir electric anchor windlass -w/ up and down foot swithes
- 4 Bomar hatches; 2 dorade vents
- Bowsprit w/teak platform and dual anchor rollers
- 45# CQR plow anchor -w/ all chain
- 40# Bruce anchor -w/ chain and nylon rode
- Raw water deck/anchor washdown
- Whitlock pedestal/steering -w/elkhide covered wheel
- Hot and cold cockpit shower
- Edson outboard motor bracket
OPTIONAL OFFSHORE EQUIPMENT
- Eurovinil 6-person liferaft
- End-boom MOB block & tackle rescue system
- PUR portable watermaker
The Pacific Seacraft 40 maintains the form, function, and esthetic that has produced safe and attractive Pacific Seacraft sailboats since 1976. The hull shape has a moderate freeboard and graceful overhangs fore and aft. While the waterline and beam are proportionally larger than previous Pacific Seacraft - Crealock collaborations (translating into greater interior volume), the hull retains the sensible dimensions and proportions essential to upwind performance, directional stability, and the hydrostatics which effect ultimate stability. The keel is a long fin of external lead ballast bolted on and bedded in epoxy. This joint is extremely strong and resistant to impact with underwater objects. The difference between the shoal-draft and standard keels has been increased to take greater advantage of the respective characteristics of each. The combination of the keel plan, skeg-mounted rudder, deep hull sections below the waterline forward, and a carefully positioned rig plan all contribute to exceptional directional stability and handling. The interior maintains the function and form that feels comfortable and works. Passage through the cabin is straight and unimpeded. Visual space opens from the galley forward. An aft head is located for easy access from the companion way. The galley is configured to provide hands-free support on either tack.
On deck, a spacious foredeck with centerline king plank for footing features an extended bow platform and windlass boss. The headsail and staysail are equipped with roller furling. The double-spreader keel-stepped mast includes two self-tailing winches for halyards. The solid boom vang is self-cleating. All sail controls, including the main halyard and two sets of reef lines, are led aft to the cockpit through deck sheave organizers and rope clutches to self-tailing winches There is a special molded-in shearwater designed for dodger attachment. The mainsheet system includes a traveler forward of the companionway and a dedicated self-tailing winch. The primary winches for the headsail can be reached from the helm. The deck quickly sheds water through bulwark hawse pipes and through deck drains that exit at the waterline. The cockpit is self-bailing and includes safety harness padeyes. Pedestal steering with single-lever control and pod-mounted instruments provide fingertip control. Extensive mooring cleats simplify docking. The Pacific Seacraft 40's deck and cockpit take into account the importance of safety when anchoring, docking, maneuvering, and sailing.
MANUFACTURER STANDARD SPECS
Some of the specifications listed may not apply to this particular yacht.
Hull - Hand laminated hull & molded in gel coat color. First hull laminate uses vinylester resin for superior blister resistance. Biaxial fiberglass hull. Balsa core from waterline to sheer. Standard hull & deck colors are Oyster White. Choice of boot & sheer stripe colors. - Upper and intermediate shrouds to s.s. chainplates & backing plates caulked & thru-bolted to the hull. Lower shroud chainplates set inboard for ease of movement. Solid teak rubstrake on hull. - Rudder with steel web frame supported by high strength manganese bronze gudgeon & closely coupled to steel reinforced integral skeg. - Ballast - 8,880 pound (4.04 mt) solid lead casting permanently attached w-s.s. keel bolts and backing plates. Keel to hull joint bedded in epoxy. -
Interior: Structural fiberglass, plywood & gel coat interior module bonded into hull w-fiberglass mat & woven roving. Primary bulkheads bonded into hull & deck with fiberglass & bolted in place. - Deck, lockers & entire bilge are gel coated to prevent mildew & to facilitate cleaning. All bulkhead openings for hoses & wiring are rubber grommeted to prevent chafing. - Deck to hull connection: Integral hull & deck flanges mated & bedded in polyurethane and fastened with stainless steel thru-bolts. Deep bulwarks with heavy teak cap rail, hand fitted with butterfly joints. - Deck balsa cored. Plywood core in hardware mount areas. - Deck has molded-in nonskid pattern. - Hull finished with 3 coats epoxy below waterline.
Deck Equipment - All cleats, winches, turning blocks, pulpits & stanchions are thru-bolted with metal backing plates & caulked on both sides with polyurethane. - 30" high stainless steel double rail bow & stern pulpits with running lights & 30" high double lifeline stanchions. - Stainless steel boarding gates, port & starboard, with double lifelines. - Extended s.s. bow platform & stem fitting w- 2 anchor rollers & locking pins. - Divided bow chain locker for two anchor rodes w- one anchor deck pipe. - Stern chain locker to starboard with deck pipe & stern anchor roller. - Chrome plated bronze deck hardware includes: All hinges, hasps, jam cleats, chain pipes, deck fills, etc. Two Harken #53.2 STC two speed, self-tailing genoa sheet winches. One Harken #44.2 STC two speed, self-tailing mainsheet winch. Three Harken #40.2 STC two speed, self-tailing for halyards & utility. Six 7" x 12" and eight 4" x 7" opening ports (2 in cockpit). CE approved. Two 12" & two 10" bow mooring cleats (4 total), 3" hawse pipes. Two 10" open spring cleats amidships. Two 10" stern mooring cleats with 9" chocks. One anchor deck pipe on foredeck & one aft. - Harken mainsheet traveler over companionway. - Harken deck sheave organizers. Spinlock rope clutches on coach roof. - 2 Bomar double opening hatches & 2 Bomar vent hatches. CE approved. - Two Vetus dorade cowl ventilators. Six teak handrails on cabin house. - Inboard & outboard genoa tracks with Harken cars. Harken foot blocks. - Fiberglass seahood, teak companionway sliding hatch & drop boards. - Stern mounted s.s. swim ladder with teak treads, boarding gate & overboard retrieval line.
Interior - Varnished teak woodwork. White Formica cabin house trunk sides. - Louvered locker doors & solid drop doors with hidden hinges. - Louvered cabin doors (top half only) & panel head door with piano hinges. - Chrome bronze push button locks on all locker doors and drawers. - 6' 5" headroom with teak & holly sole throughout cabin area. - Positive push button latches on all locker doors. - Wrapped 4" foam cushions with choice of fabrics. - Zippered vinyl headliner with superior insulation, deadens sound & provides easy access to deck hardware & wiring. Forecabin - 6' 7" long and 57" wide double island berth with drawers & shelves. - Teak ceilings above shelves. Teak bi-fold privacy door. - Vanity sink, mirror & large cedar-lined, louvered hanging locker. Main Salon - 6' 6" long "U" shaped dinette to starboard converts to 50" wide dbl. berth. - Sides have teak lockers & bookshelves with removable fiddles above seats, storage bins below. - Teak drop leaf table with with gas spring pedestal. - 6' 3" long settee berth to port with storage below. - Teak navigators desk w- storage under lift top. Nav panel & book shelves. - Enclosed head with bi-fold solid panel door, nonskid flooring, ceramic head with macerator to holding tank, teak changing seat, wet locker, separate shower stall, and numerous dry storage lockers. - Galley - Gimbaled s.s. three burner propane stove w-oven & broiler. - Safety bar. Formica stove top. Locker over refrigerator. - 10 cu. ft. ice box w-foam insulation, hinged lid & manual pump out to sink. - Polished s.s. double sink with electric pump pressure fresh water & foot operated manual pump. - Food & dish storage lockers & drawers. Tilt-out trash bin. Aft Stateroom - Enclosed aft stateroom with 6' 9" long and 54" wide double berth. - Teak privacy door separating aft stateroom from main salon. - Large cedar-lined hanging locker. Drawers under berth. - Vanity mirror on bulkhead. Teak ceilings above shelf.
Plumbing - Three water tanks w-inspection ports, approx. 150 gallons (589.5 liters). - Hot & cold pressure fresh water system for galley, head & shower with accumulator tank & foot pump in head & galley - Easy access fresh water manifold. Color coded water hoses. - 6 gallon hot water heater from engine heat exchanger or shore power. - Bronze thru-hull fittings with UL approved bronze seacocks below the waterline & bronze ball valves above waterline; all double clamped. - Marine head with 19 gal. holding tank, macerator, & overboard pumpout. - Electric shower sump pump with overboard discharge. - 11 GPM electric automatic bilge pump with Ultra pump switch. - 25 GPM manual bilge pump in cockpit operable by helmsman.
Engine - Yanmar 4JH2E, four cylinder, 51 hp (36.8 kW) diesel w- fresh water cooling. - 3" exhaust, electric stop, & 80 amp alternator. Yanmar "C" control panel. - Clear covered engine control panel in cockpit by helm with tachometer, engine hour meter & engine condition indicators. - Removable aluminum fuel tank approximately 70 gallons (265 liters) with gauge & cleaning port. Three-blade solid bronze propeller. - Mechanical fuel pump, electric back up fuel pump. Racor MA500 fuel filter. - Seawater strainer bulkhead mounted & water lift muffler system.
Electrical - AC-DC master power control panel with AC ammeter, AC voltmeter, DC ammeter, DC voltmeter, polarity test circuit, 8 AC circuit breakers, 12 spare AC switches, battery condition monitor, 20 DC circuit breakers, 4 spare DC switches. Clear plastic screen. - Tinned copper wiring throughout. 110 Volt shore power system w- breaker. - Three Lifeline advanced absorbent glass mat sealed deep cycle marine batteries (105 amp-hrs.) under cabin sole. - One 4 position battery switch. Two fluorescent lights in main salon. - Cantalupi lights (nine dome & seven reading). - Chart light at navigation station. Dome light in engine & cockpit locker. - AC duplex receptacles with polished covers & GFI protection for 11OV. - VHF coaxial antenna cable led from masthead to navigators table.
Cockpit - 7' long seats with contoured seat backs & seat drains. - Coamings have two built-in winch handle boxes, one is for shower. - Cockpit seat lockers for storage. Chrome opening portlight starboard. - Lazarette hatch & vented propane locker for two 5 gallon tanks. - One 5 gallon propane tank (empty) with s.s. mount. Copper LPG hose. - Two safety harness pad eyes in cockpit. - Whitlock Cobra pedestal wheel steering with brake & offset stainless steel pedestal guard, single lever engine control & emergency tiller. - Removable cockpit sole w-neoprene gasket seal, finger pulls, & four chrome retainers for access to engine, steering & packing gland. - Deep gutters & two 1-1-2" cockpit drains for fast self-bailing.
Spars and Rigging - Custom aluminum spars with white two part linear polyurethane paint.
EXCLUDED FROM SALE: Painting on the main bulkhead
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.