In our long history we have produced many new vessels, but none has challenged traditions or questioned the assumptions on which boats are generally built quite like our Sport Yacht series.
This is especially true of the Riviera 4400, a boat rich in innovations some quite radical.
The story starts with the revolutionary Volvo Penta Inboard Performance System (IPS), a technology that features steerable drive units mounted under the hull with counter-rotating, forward-facing propellers. Rather than pushing the boat along
as with conventional propulsion, the boat is literally pulled forward through the water.
The result is superb handling, a remarkably tight turning circle and, thanks to an intuitive joystick, docking control and other close-quarters manoeuvres are delightfully easy. Whats more, IPS uses up to 30% less fuel than conventional drive systems.
With the standard diesel horsepower ratings available, you can also look forward to a thrilling ride: racy, responsive, yet soft and dry.
The hull is equally noteworthy. Not only is it designed using the latest CAD software, which contributes to the outstanding hydrodynamics of the hull, it has been constructed using the most up-to-date infusion-moulding technology.
Compared with traditional open lay-up of fibreglass and resin, this infusion system produces more uniform thickness, reduced weight and greater strength. The hull is also divided into three sections, including a collision bulkhead forward.
Given the contemporary styling, sumptuous comfort and long list of luxuries that are to be found on board the 4400, you will no doubt be tempted to cruise far from the madding crowd and with a 1,500 litre fuel tank, it is certainly equipped to help you do just that. However, it is knowing that this a vessel with impeccable structural integrity, a vessel that can handle the vicissitudes of life at sea, that makes it possible to sit back and truly relax.
And relax you will, because at Riviera we are passionate about putting more pleasure into your pleasure boating. As you are about to discover, that commitment is expressed in a myriad of ingenious ways.
- The cockpit boasts opulent features such as generous lounge and table, a full wet bar with sink, solid surface bench-top, stainless steel refrigerator, optional ice maker, enormous transom storage locker, and equally grandiose rise and fall (optional) swim platform.
Two-Family Accommodation The 4400 boasts two large cabins.
The queen-size master stateroom is in the bow and, thanks to the space savings of Volvo IPS, aft and under the cabin sole you will find a magnificent full-width stateroom with a queen and a single berth.
Salubrious Saloon Spacious and light, this area is an entertainer's delight − electrically operated sunroof, leather lounge, adjustable-height table, good storage, liquor cabinet, 26? LCD TV.
The piece-de-resistance is surely the unobtrusive helm.
- Here, you will have all the equipment, cupboard and bench space here to cook up a veritable feast.
- Special features include the microwave oven, 2-burner stove, refrigerator and pull-out pantry.
- Revolutionary new technology, Volvo Inboard Performance System (IPS) steerable drive units are mounted aft under the hull, with counter rotating forward facing propellers that pull rather than push.
- The result is a remarkably tight turning circle and superb handling with docking and other delicate manoeuvres almost effortless thanks to an intuitive joystick.
- The twin 370hp or optional 435hp diesels literally catapult the 4400 up onto the plane.
- Look forward to a thrilling ride ? racy, responsive, yet smooth.
- Enjoy 30% less fuel usage than shaft drive.