This Fresh Water S2 7.9 has a number of features that you typically do not find in this boat. While having all of the typical race features and hardware "VeloicRaptor" includes Harken Rollerfurling, Lazy jacks for the mainsail, shorepower with 110 volt outlets and a built-in battery charger and even an autopilot.
As the photos will show she is kept on a lift out of the water and has NO blistering. First reason is that she is kept out of the water and secondarily this hull is one of the last runs of the 7.9 by the S2 company in Holland, Michigan. This boat's resin is the AME 4000 modified epoxy resin made boats. They have an excellent record of resisting blistering even if kept in the water.
The owner and previous owners have had excellent luck on the race course with this boat as you will if you aim the boat in the right direction just half of the time. Competitive in virtually any fleet, there is a National S2 7.9 Class Association that sponsors One Design regional and National regattas. Even thought the 7.9 looks very "cruiserish", don't let the wolf's clothing surprise you as she is anything but an average member of the flock. She FLYS in all conditions.
This writer used to be an S2 Dealer in the 1980's and actually owned this particular 7.9. All I can say is that rare will you find a sailboat that is as much fun to tiller. She is incredibly responsive and quick. Added to this performance heritage, though, is a great weekender/ overnighter that can gunk-hole with the best of them and uniquely is still VERY trailerable given the ability to raise the daggerboard keel flush with the underbody. Great for shallow water and for putting on a trailer that is LOW to the ground. What a delight. The price includes a tandem galvanized trailer, outboard, all of the rigging to allow you to compete in an open fleet of 20 S2 7.9's, two suits of sails, 2 spinnakers, boom kicker, etc. All we need to do is to get you to come buy this lovely boat and start enjoying sailing as much as the current owner has and as much as I have. It will be one of the best decisions of your life.
Happy to assist in helping you located extremely good financing for this boat, particularly if you are ex-military (USAA), and impart a good bit of knowledge to you concerning S2 7.9 sailing and racing. Hope we can be a help to you in becoming the next Happy Owner.
IT'S YOUR MOVE !!
- LOA 25.92'
- LWL 21.67'
- BEAM 9' 0"
- Draft Dagger Board up 12"
- Draft Dagger Board down 5' 0"
- Displacement 4,050 lbs
- Ballast 1,750 lbs (part of the 4,050)
- I 30.50'
- J 9.50'
- P 29.42
- E 12.25
- Sail Area with 100% Fore Triangle 325 sq ft
Sails / Canvas and other Gear
- Original Dacron North Mainsail
- 3 DL North Kevlar Mainsail
- 155% Mylar Rollerfurling headsail
- 155% Mylar North hank on headsail
- 105% headsail, North
- 2 Spinnakers, serviceable
- Harken Rollerfurling
- Snorkle for headsail
- Fiberglass batten to pull backstay up and aft for mainsail leech to clear easily
- Boom Kicker
- Cam on end of boom for topping lift
- Backstaylead forward to each side
- Harken traveler
- Sunbrella Sailcover with openings for lazy jacks
- Tiller cover
- Sunbrella cockpit pads for lifelines
- 5 hp Mariner long shaft
- Separate 3 gallon gas tank
- Stout outboard bracket
Electronics, Electrical & instrumentation
- 12 Volt System with Battery and distrubution panel
- 12 volt outlets
- 120 Volt System with distribution system
- 120 Volt outlets in boat
- 30 amp shorepower cord
- Automatic Battery Charger
- Bi-data, Knotmeter & Depthmeter by Raymarine
- Autopilot - Raymarine
- Fico Solar powered Vent in forward hatch to assist with interior ventilation
- Cabin lights
- Navigation lights
- Anchor lights
- Huge "V" Berth with nice privacy for your first mate
- Large quarter berth big enough for large adult
- Enclosed Head with portapotty
- Hand pump for water
- Entire sides and headliner in fabric
- New/Recent interior cushions
- Original High Quality cushions kept in storage and in nice condition
- VHF radio
- Large storage under ladder way where there could have been a diesel
- Large cockpit
- Large lazerette port and starboard
- Double fold teak step ladder on starboard side
- Excellent diamond non-skit
- Aluminum toerail for excellent footing and attachment points
- Bow pulpit
- Stanchions with life lines
- Lifeline gates
- Stern loops in stern for easy access to outboard and stern ladder
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.