|Model||MOTORYACHT Mk II|
|Location||Order Now 12 mo. build, Rhode Island|
|LOA||42 ft 3 in|
|Length at Water Line||38 ft 2 in|
|Length on Deck||42 ft 3 in|
|Beam||13 ft 10 in|
|Max Draft||4 ft 6 in|
|Displacement (Half Load)||33300 lb|
|Max Bridge Clearance||13 ft 5 in|
|Engine Make||John Deere|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine Make||John Deere|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Fuel Tanks||1 x 550 gal (UK) (GRP)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||1 x 200 gal (UK) (Plastic)|
|Holding Tanks||1 x 50 gal (UK) (Plastic)|
|Hull Warranty||5 years|
SYMBOL a semi-custom builder, known for its luxury PILOTHOUSE Series up to 88', is building the New 42' Symbol Mk II Luxury Motoryacht Cruiser/Trawler. Excellent live-a-board designed for coastal or great loop cruising - best value in yachting. $ 530,000. Delivered !!!!!!
This 42' Symbol Mk II Motoryacht offers a spacious interior layout, beautiful interior varnished teak, all cabins designed with ample storage, easy clean fiberglass heads with separate showers and excellent ventilation. Stairway and door from saloon lead to a large sun deck and comfortable flybridge - both great entertaining areas. This new generation Motoryacht has a low maintenance exterior, wide non-skid decks, polished 316 S/S 1-1/4" handrails and a stately traditional design. The fine deep entry eliminates pounding and a full, deep keel provides stability and prop protection - best design for a live-aboard long range cruiser.
Symbol's quality systems meet the quality control standards of ISO9001 by "DET NORSKE VERITAS" to manufacture pleasure yachts. Symbol Yachts major hull structure lamination with the flexural and tensile strength meeting the ABS "Guide for Building and Classing Motor Pleasure Yachts, 2-2000" requirement - five year hull structural warranty standard. This custom 42' SYMBOL is available for your inspection - Compare before you buy!!
The 42 Symbol Mk II MY is an affordable double stateroom Motoryacht design with a traditional profile, semi-displacement hull with simulated lapstrake hull sides.
With a 13'-5" air draft to FB venturi the 42 Classic is an excellent choice to cruise the "Great Loop".
SYMBOL CONSTRUCTION ADVANTAGES
Hull lamination above the water line is foamed cored with closed cell high density foam for quiet operation and strength.
Symbol Yachts' major hull structure lamination with the flexural and tensile strength meeting the ABS "Guide for Building and Classing Motor Pleasure Yachts, 2-2000" requirement.
Solid hand lamination at bottom for maximum strength.
Cook U.S. U/V protecting gelcoat.
Hi strength FRP composite cabin structure & sole.
Closed cell high density PVC form as structural reinforce core material at topside of hull to prevent water penetration.
Vinyl ester resin and mat hand laid into hull first few layers at bottom to prevent osmosis.
Composite cabin structure - sole.
Composite structure bulkheads.
Drainage & bilge water manifold system to eliminate many thru-hull fittings.
316 Stainless deck fittings and railings.
Drip-less propeller shaft packing gland.
Bilge high water alarm.
Tempered tinted safety window glass and doors-3/8" forward and 1/4" side windows.
Engine(s), gen set & engine room blowers auto shut down activated by Fire Extinguisher Control.
Automatic extinguisher with manual override.
Fuel tanks feature a crossover fuel line with shutoff valves at each tank.
Fiberglass fuel tanks-no rust.
U.S. made hot water heater.
U.S. made plumbing fittings.
U.S. made fiberglass engine exhaust pipe and muffler.
"Odor safe" hose throughout sanitation system.
Odor stop vent filter for holding tank.
U.S. made holding tank.
Back lit illuminating breaker panel.
AC/DC separate main wire race ways.
U.S. made battery switch.
G.F.I. receptacle for kitchen and heads.
AC shore power galvanic isolator.
Tin coated electrical wire throughout.
Removable interior ceiling panels for easier maintenance.
Ball valve bronze seacocks on all through hull below the waterline.
DECK & HULL
Symbol Yachts' major hull structure lamination with the flexural and tensile strength meeting the ABS "Guide for Building and Classing Motor Pleasure Yachts, 2000" requirement. Symbol Yacht Co. includes a 5 year hull structural warranty.
Wide walk around side decks, large comfortable aft deck and flybridge for entertaining, fiberglass molded swim platform, s/s stairway to aft deck, semi-displacement hull, S/S swim ladder, large forward deck storage with top loading three section anchor chain & rope locker and windlass.
Quality 1 1/4" #316 S/S custom welded polished handrails and pulpit, s/s wire lower rail, PORT/STBD/stern boarding gates, S/S bow & ensign staff. Full-length deep keel for stability and prop protection.
Decks are closed cell foam cored with molded diamond non-skid coated with Awlgrip with Griptex for maximum safety. Non-skid color is Symbol Beige - standard feature.
- Construction standards:
- Windlass with rope/chain gypsy
- Anchor holder with roller
- 45# custom S/S plow anchor with 150' of chain and 150' rode
- Molded steps to flybridge
- Hand laid-up FPR hull
- Hull lamination above waterline with closed cell Corecell A500 high density PVC foam sandwich
- Below waterline solid fiberglass
- Web frame stringer system laminated to hull
- Vinyl ester resin for first 3 layers for osmosis protection
- Deck to hull are laminated together from the inside, more labor but a stronger bond, no screws eliminate leaks
- Decks high density Corecell T500 PVC foam cored
- To eliminate water streaks decks drain to central drainage system-exit under swim platform
- Scupper drains on main deck, 1" above deck to eliminate water streaks
- Molded swim platform
- Swim ladder
- Stainless ladder to aft deck
- Low maintenance exterior
- S/S hawser pipe with cleat at bow x2
- S/S cleats amidships and aft x4
- "Taco" rub rails with S/S striker
- Deep entry hull
- Simulated hull planking lines-classic look
- Dockside city water inlet
- Transom shower H & C
- Fresh water wash-down forward at anchor
- Central drainage system to eliminate most thru hull fittings
- Water tight composite bulkheads
- Bottom paint
- Options available:
- Round stairway to aft deck I.L.O.S.
- Stainless steel lower rails I.L.O. wire lifelines
- Salt water anchor wash down
- Bow thruster
- "CE" specifications
- Epoxy barrier coat includes 5 yr warranty
Standard engines in our cruise package are 4.5 liter 4 cyl economical twin 135 HP John Deere engines. Larger Cummins or John Deere engines are also available. Single engine available.
"Soundown" sound insulation 2" foam in ceiling, forward and aft bulkheads.
- Engine room standards:
- Stainless steel engine mounts
- Full length engine stringers - FRP over solid timber
- Three bladed props
- Prop line cutter
- Thru hull fittings labeled
- Engine room 110v outlet GFI
- Engine room fresh water faucet
- 20 gal HWH 220v & engine exchanger
- Auto fire extinguisher with manual discharge
- Drip-less stuffing box
- Fiberglass fuel tanks 550 gal - no rust, improved range
- Sight gauges
- Level gauges at lower station - DC
- S/S Fuel manifold well labeled
- Supply and return fuel lines copper tubing - labeled
- Internal water strainers all bonded
- 12v & 110v lighting in engine room
- Bilge high water alarms with indicating lights - both stations
- Bilge pumps with auto switch x4
- Manual bilge pump
- Sump pump for showers x2
- Bilge blowers
- Shut off valves at all tank supplies
- Fuel manifold system (supply & return)
- Fiberglass drip pans under engine
- Bilge areas finished smooth with white paint for easy cleaning
- Fiberglass mufflers engine and generator
- Wiring, fittings and hoses labeled
- Color coded fuel and water lines
- Options & upgrades included:
- Racor filter/separator
- Engine room options available:
- Dual Racor Filters
- Four bladed props
- Wesmar stabilizers
- Fuel polishing system
- Larger 30 Gal HWH
- Extra 50 gal holding tank
- Oil change pump
Custom Symbol 12V D.C. panel with circuit breakers, volt meter, battery charger, house battery bank, engine start battery bank and generator start battery.
Custom Symbol 250/125 A.C. panel with circuit breakers, volt meter and galvanic isolator. Electrical equipment includes 6 kW NORTHERN LIGHTS generator with sound shield, saloon A/C and heat 16,000 BTU's, 12v fans heads/galley, 12v overhead lighting with wall switches, stairway courtesy lights and GFI outlets.
- Electrical standards:
- Bonding system w/transom mounted zinc anode x2
- Brass grounding buses P & S
- Shore power with galvanic isolator
- Engine, Gen Set, equipment & thru hull fittings bonded
- Bilge high water warning lights
- Bilge high water alarm/bell
- 12v bilge pumps x3
- Holding tank level gauge 12v
- Water and fuel level indicator 12v
- Reverse polarity indicator
- Volt and amp meters AC & DC
- Color coded and numbered wiring
- Separate AC & DC wiring channels
- Battery parallel switch engine and service
- Rotary switch for Gen/Shore power selector
- Tin coated wiring through out
- Pre wire for TV/Phone with on deck inlet
- Three wipers with washers for windshield
- Navigation lights by "Aqua Signal"
- Electrical upgrades & options included:
- 1-50 amp x 25' shore-power cord
- Forward 50 amp inlet
- Aft 50 amp outlet with select switch
- Mast deck lights x2
- Electrical options available:
- Extra 30 amp service inlet
- 2000W inverter/charger with by pass switch
- 2nd battery charger
- Energy saving LED lighting
- Vimar switch plates and switch system
- Cantalupi light fixtures
Electronics and Navigation Gear
Quality electronics package with GPS/Plotter, Radar, Autopilot and VHF radios are available. Your choice!
$15,000. Retail ALLOWANCE FOR ELECTRONICS includes labor.
Saloon features a large "L"-shaped settee to STBD that will convert to a single berth for the occasional guest. Across from the settee is a custom teak storage cabinet and convenient stairway to sun deck/flybridge. The PORT forward section of the saloon features a step down U-shaped galley, TV cabinet, STBD door to deck and lower helm station with full instrumentation. The cabin soles are carpet in your choice of color.
All bulkheads are a light honey tone teak with satin varnish, all interior furniture is custom grain-matched - satin varnish finish.
- Saloon standards:
- Galley up or down plan no extra charge
- STBD door to side deck
- AFT door to sun deck
- Drapes choice from Symbol
- Carpet-choice from Symbol
- Counter tops teak or mica
- "L" shaped settee
- Storage under settee
- Custom teak table
- Frame-less window system-no screws no leaks
- Tinted & tempered glass
- Nickel Satin finish hardware
- Varnished grain-matched bulkheads
- Removable vinyl ceiling panels
- Exquisite woodwork
- Lower station wheel S/S
- Saloon upgrades & options included:
- Teak overhead hand rail
- Rope lighting in saloon teak valance
- Wall lamp
- Phanton fly screen for saloon stbd door
- Saloon options available:
- Energy saving LED lighting
- Energy saving LED courtesy step lights
- Vimar wall switch system
- Extra wall lamps
- Counter tops in burl-wood
- Cherry-wood interior
- "Dura Touch" leather settee
- "UltraSwede" settee
- End cabinet forward of settee
- Saloon teak & holly sole I.L.O. carpet
- Ice maker
- Lower helm standards:
- Complete controls and gauges
- Main electrical panel
- Windshield wiper and washers
- Fuel, water and holding tank level indicators
The galley is three steps down from saloon and features a stainless deep sink, electric cook-top 220V, convection oven/microwave, upright two door refrigerator/freezer AC/DC, ample drawers, overhead cabinets, trash bin, large storage bins, storage shelves - all custom furniture is teak. Galley has a very open feel because of the natural light from the overhead forward saloon windows.
- Galley standards:
- Up or down galley plan available without charge
- Microwave/convection oven
- SeaWard 3 burner cook-top 220v with cover
- Upright ref/freezer 110/12v two door
- 110v GFI receptacle
- Formica counter top and back splash
- Teak & holly sole
- Excellent storage
- Exhaust vent above cook top
- Cabinet doors surface mount
- Galley upgrades & options included:
- Under cabinet lighting 12v
- Galley options available:
- Corian counter tops
- Corian back splash
- Ceramic tile sole
- Storage in sole
- Ceramic cook-top
- Induction cook-top
- Double compartment sink
Staterooms & Heads
Owner's stateroom features an island queen berth with innerspring mattress, five S/S opening ports with screens, carpet, TV/VCR cabinet, two cedar lined hanging lockers, drawers, berth side tables, storage cabinets and custom light honey tone teak furniture providing warmth/ambiance. Bulkheads are varnished paneling and off white soft vinyl for a brighter look.This owner's stateroom is very spacious because her stateroom extends full beam - great hideaway for reading, relaxing or TV.
Fwd guest stateroom features center-line berth or V-berths, two S/S opening ports with screens, carpet, two cedar lined hanging lockers, drawers, screened hatch with sunshade and custom light honey tone teak satin varnished furniture - your guest may not want to leave.Bulkheads are varnished paneling and off white soft vinyl for a brighter look. All ceiling panels are removable high quality soft vinyl.
- Stateroom standards:
- Teak flush panel doors
- Lever door hardware
- Satin nickel finish hardware
- Wall bell type reading lamps @ berths
- Dressing mirrors both staterooms
- S/S opening ports w/screens-aft S/R x5 & fwd S/R x2
- Carpet choice from Symbol
- Drapes choice from Symbol
- Drawers open for full view
- Drawers open easily-premium S/S bearing slides
- Hanging lockers include auto courtesy lights
- Stateroom upgrades & options included:
- Innerspring mattress-owners S/R
- Combo washer/dryer
- Stateroom options available:
- Almond mica with solid teak trim
- Wall lamps
- Rope lights in teak valance
- Additional A/C units for staterooms
- Teak & holly sole I.L.O. carpet
- Head Standards:
- Fiberglass bulkheads
- Ceiling in heads/showers polished S/S
- Separate showers x2
- Cultured marble counter top x2
- S/S port w/screen in each head
- Separate shower sumps
- Electric toilets with fresh water flush
- Holding tank with macerator pump, y-valve & on deck pump out fitting
- Odor vent filter for holding tank
- Odor safe sanitation hose for toilets and holding tank
- Shower exhaust fans 12v
- GFI receptacles
- Head options available:
- Shower doors
- Ceramic title soles
Flybridge has excellent seating with an "L" shaped settee to STBD with table, settee to PORT, windshield with custom S/S handrails and custom S/S hinge arch, helm station with complete controls and electronics console.
- Flybridge standards:
- Flybridge seating for 8
- Cushions in white vinyl
- Venturi windshield w/stainless rails
- 26" S/S wheel
- Options and upgrades included:
- Two helmseats
- Table on flybridge
- Bimini with 1 1/4" Stainless frame with choice of fabric color
- Console and helm seat covers
- Mesh cover for front windshield - saloon
- S/S arch with S/S hinge
- Options for aft deck:
- Bimini with 1 1/4" S/S frame wtih choice of fabric
- Storage boxes with seat cushion
- S/S BBQ
- Dodger cloths around handrails
- Standard equipment:
- 16,000 BTU's A/C and heat overhead in saloon.
- 10 Large S/S opening ports with screens
- 150' x 5/16" chain
- Dock lines six 2- 5/8"x35' 4-5/8"x 25'
- Fenders x4
- Life vests (6)
- Flare kit
- Throw-able PFD
- Fire extinguishers(2)
- Fire extinguisher-auto-engine room
- Boat hook, rules of the road & bell
- First aid kit
- Tool kit
- Air pump
- Spare filters for Racor-2
- Spare water pressure pump
- Fresh water systems "Whale" brand plumbing
- Emergency tiller
- Symbol boat manual & all equipment manuals
- Upgrades & options included:
- Prop line cutter
- 12v D/C tank level gauge
- Holding tank level gauge
Open seven days a week by appointment - our office or yours - Call Peter V direct @ 401 338 1717 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 401 338 1717 end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 401 338 1717 end_of_the_skype_highlighting if you are interested in a good looking, roomy, high quality, custom live-aboard cruising yacht with an affordable price. Our "Cruising Package" can be changed to meet your cruising needs.
NO SALES TAX ON BOATS IN RHODE ISLAND
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- New Boat equipment include separate manufacturers warranties