|Length at Water Line||40 ft 3 in|
|Beam||14 ft 6 in|
|Max Draft||6 ft|
|Dry Weight||35000 uom.|
|Designer||Robert H. Perry|
|Fuel Tanks||1 x 140 gal (UK)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||1 x 230 gal (UK)|
If your dreams lie over the horizon, the Tayana 48 can take you there in absolute safety, luxurious comfort and timeless style. As an ocean passage maker , the Tayana 48 is appreciated by many as the ideal sized cruising yacht, easily sailed by a couple or comfortably crewed with a group of adventure loving friends. Underway, the Tayana 48's attractive and proven hull lines, combined with an efficient cutter rig, provide pace aplenty. Inside the spacious saloon, smooth ocean cruising is made even more enjoyable with all the comforts of home.
Keel Type: Shoal_Draft
Max Draft: 5.25 ft
Spars and Rigging
- Aluminum mast & boom.
- Halyards: main, genoa, staysail & led internally.
- Internally led topping lift and out haul.
- Double spreaders.
- Anchor light.
- Combination deck steaming light.
- Stainless steel standing rigging with swaged fittings.
Sails and Canvas
- Ulmer Kollius or equivalent mainsail with 2 reef points & cover.
- Ulmer Kollius or equivalent Yankee with bag.
- Ulmer Kollius or equivalent staysail with bag.
- Teak joinery & cabinetry throughout.
- Teak & holly cabin sole.
- White formica counters in galley, teak veneer chart & dinette table tops.
- Teak framed mirror in head(s).Interior teak handrails.
- V-berth filler if applicable.
- Cloth cushion covers.
- Ice chest 4" foam, stainless steel lined.
- Interior varnish, polyurethane satin.
- Stove alcove, stainless steel lined.
- Removable formica overhead with teak battens.
- Teak fiddles and teak trim on counters & tables.
- Four inch foam cushions.
- Solid teak doors & frames.
- Poured foam insulated refrigerator & freezer compartments.
- Stainless steel lined stove area.
- Deep double Stainless steel sinks.
- Formica counter tops.
- Trash bin. (optional)
- Numerous drawers, lockers and dry storage bins.
- Numerous removable floor boards.
- Hand rubbed satin varnish on all interior teak surfaces.
- Electrical panels.
- D/C panel sections include volt and amp gauges, circuit breakers.
- Full gauges for AC and DC panels.
- 110/240 volt shore power system, with master breaker and circuit breakers.
- 110/240 volt outlets throughout.
- 110/240 volt Ground Fault
- Interrupter outlets in both heads.
- Newmar 40A Battery Charger
- Two 12-volt 120AH batteries &
- Fibre re-inforced plastic. boxes.
- Heavy duty battery selector switch.
- Internal bonding system to all chain plates, thru hulls, engine and rudder systems.
- Zincs as required.
- Numerous overhead cabin lights designed to interior lighting plan.
- Engine room light.
- Chart table light.
- Running lights to international rule.
- D/C reading lights.
- D/C outlets throughout.
- Yanmar 4 cylinder 4JH3-TE 75HP marine diesel engine.
- Flexible engine mounts
- Racor fuel filter.
- Engine room blower
- Lead foam insulated engine room.
- Raw water strainer for engine intake.
- Antisyphon valve.
- 0.Muffler/water lock system.
- Shaft strut with cutlass bearing.
- 1-1/2" Stainless steel prop shaft with three blade bronze propeller.
- Stuffing box.
- One black steel fuel tank capacity 120 gallons.
- Drip less shaft gland.
- Steering pedestal.
- Stainless steel "destroyer" type steering wheel.
- Emergency steering system with tiller.
- Rudder bearing.
- Bronze rudder shoe skeg mounted rudder.
- Vetus bowthruster 95kgf
- Non-skid side decks and cabin house top.
- Electric Windlass Maxwell V2200
- Solid teak cap rail.
- Six custom Stainless steel mooring fairleads.
- Six Stainless steel mooring cleats.
- Stainless steel double bow & stern pulpits.
- Stainless steel stanchions with custom bases.
- Stainless steel boarding gates port & starboard.
- Double life lines.
- Stainless steel cockpit drains.
- Two cowl vents for the master stateroom.
- Two deck ventilators and 1 motor fan over galley.
- Five Lewmar or equivalent, aluminum overhead hatches.
- Stainless steel opening ports.
- Four custom fixed windows.
- Aluminum genoa and staysail tracks with cars.
- Main traveler with roller car.
- Deck organizers.
- Sheet stoppers.
- Teak cockpit sole and bridge deck.
- Fiberglass molded propane storage compartment for two tanks.
- Two molded coaming compartment.
- Teak companionway doors.
- Companionway drop boards and sliding hatch.
- Reverse transom with swim platform & boarding ladder.
- Teak exterior handrails.
- Stainless steel double bow roller with stem head fittings.
- Deck saloon (option).
- Fibre re-inforced plastic seahood.
- Instrument console mounted on seahood
- All winches are Lewmar
- Self Tailing:
- 2- Two-Speed #54CST Genoa (primary) winches.
- 1- Two-Speed #40CST main sheet winch.
- 2- Two-Speed #40CST secondary winch.
- 1- Two-Speed #40CST halyard winch.
- 2- Two-Speed #40CST halyard winch.
- 4- 10" Locking winch handles.
Get a Shipping Quote
Cheap Boat Transport Services - Save up to 80%
Shipping Estimate: Unavailable
Please request quotes and estimates below:
Please request quotes and estimates below: