• The flagships of the Yamaha boat line offering the highest level of refinement Yamaha offers.
• New helm design.
• New black watersports towers available on 242 Limited S models.
• Thrust directional enhancer for improved slow speed handling.
• Twin 1.8L Yamaha marine engines.
• Expansive bow seating that features front-facing “rumble” seat design.
• Latest version of Yamaha’s award-winning stern lounge and swim platform design.
• GPS instrumentation, Cruise Assist™ and 3-speed No Wake Mode™.
• Every part of the boat: Hull, deck and engine all manufactured and assembled by Yamaha
• 11-person capacity.
• The watersports edition of the 242 Series and Yamaha’s flagship boat model.
• New aluminum watersports tower with built-in speakers and cabin lights that folds down for easier storage.
• Comes standard with convertible lounge seat.
• Bow docking lights.
• Available in Blue (w/Aluminum Tower), Black (w/Black Tower), and Champagne (w/Black Tower).
Returning as the best selling model in its class in 2012 is the feature-rich Yamaha 242 Series that takes Yamaha boats to its highest level of sophistication and refinement.
The flagships of the Yamaha boat line, the Yamaha 242 Series includes the 242 Limited and the 242 Limited S. The 242 Limited S is the watersports edition of the series that now includes a premium black fold-down aluminum tower with integrated cockpit lighting and speakers.
Innovative Deck Design
Above the waterline, the tall freeboard of the 242 Series gives the 242 Limited and Limited S an impressive profile. The seating area at the bow is wide and long allowing the tallest passengers and multiple riders the space to stretch out and lounge while moored. Insert the standard bow filler cushion and you have one of the largest, most comfortable bow seating configurations available in its class.
Exclusive to Yamaha boats is the industry’s first and only “rumble seat” design, a fun and innovative seating option that allows riders in the bow to enjoy a unique, front-facing point-of-view in the forward-most part of the bow when underway. Completing the bow is premium marine-grade upholstery, stainless-steel handrails, 4 stainless steel cup holders, multifunction filler cushion, a bow ladder, anchor locker, and bow docking lights (242 Limited S only).
The cockpit of the 242 Series is roomy, lavish, and refined. The new helm layout is minimalist and sophisticated with large analog gauges and integrated digital information displays that provide independently controlled access to a wide range of new information.
Feature-Rich Helm with GPS Instrumentation
Utilizing an integrated GPS-based information control center, the digital displays can provide latitude, longitude, compass heading, elevation, water depth, trip odometer, clock, engine hours, engine speed, vessel voltage, vessel speed, highest speed, fuel level, fuel used and they are the first in their class to provide real time (gallons per hour and miles per gallon) fuel flow data.
Also at the helm is Yamaha’s exclusive Cruise Assist™ and No Wake Mode™. The Cruise Assist feature can be engaged at planing speeds. When engaged, Cruise Assist will hold the engines at a specific RPM for effortless cruising or towing and can be increased eight positions up and eight positions down at pre-set increments (125 – 188 rpm depending