Reviews: Boats, Engines, Products
How many types of product reviews does Boats.com have?
Boats.com offers our customers two types of reviews on boats, products and engines.
How can I view or find a product review?
- Expert Reviews - reviews on boats and engines written by experts in the field.
- Owner Reviews - reviews on products written by individuals who have had experience with a specific product.
To view a product review, go to www.boats.com
and click on Product Store in the top menu bar. Once you've selected a specific product, you can access comments provided by our Product Advisors and read Owner Reviews by clicking on the respective links, located on the upper right side of each detail page. Please note, these links appear only if comments and reviews are available for the specific product you have selected.
How do I post a review on a product?
Once you've searched for and selected a specific product, you can create your own review by clicking Owner Reviews (on the right side of the product detail) and then on Create Owner Review (on the left menu bar on the owner review page).
Can I remove a review I wrote?
If you need to remove a review that you wrote, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we'll remove the review for you. Please be sure to include in the email the following information for easy identification of the review you'd like to have removed:
How long will it take for my review to be posted on the site? Can Boats.com remove my review?
- Your user name
- Title of the review
- Date you posted the review
As soon as you submit your review on a particular product, it is posted automatically on the site for all to read.
We believe in a strong, open and uncensored forum to encourage the development of an informed and active online boating community. However, occasionally we may need to edit or remove a review that violates the participation guidelines. See the Review Guidelines "What are the rules & guidelines for posting a review?"
What is the Calendar feature?
This is a great feature that tells you all about the exciting boating Calendar of Events happening around the world. You can search by Event Name, Type, Region, State/Province and Date Range. A sampling of the events you can find include: Auctions & Flea Markets, Boat Shows, Fishing Tournaments, Races, Seminars & Classes, and more à
Can I get my event posted to the calendar?
Yes. If you have an event you'd like us to add to our database, please email us at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Event Name
- Event Type (go to the Calendar section to see which choices you have)
- Month & Year
- State or Province
- Your contact information (name, telephone number, email)
Be sure to go to the Calendar section, click on the drop downs for each of the elements listed to be sure your event gets placed in the correct search categories.
How do I subscribe to or unsubscribe from the Boats.com electronic newsletters?
There are two ways for you to sign up to Boats.com's email newsletters
- If you have already registered, you can go to your My Account page and subscribe at the bottom of your profile form.
- If you don't wish to register but still want to get the newsletter, you can go to the Newsletter Subscription page. You will be asked to provide an email address so that we can deliver your email newsletters.
You can unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of the newsletter.
Do you archive your newsletters? Can I search past newsletters?
Since Boats.com is a new site, we do not yet offer archived Boats.com newsletters and therefore, you cannot search for past newsletters online. We do, however, have a large archive of feature and news stories in the Fishing, Power and Sailing sections on the site that are available for you to view.
What are the rules and guidelines for posting a review?
To help us keep the best quality on our site, we ask our users to follow these simple guidelines:
What are the community participation rules?
- Do not post any reviews using profanity or inappropriate language.
- Limit your review to personal experience and include information relevant only to the specific product.
- Submissions that do not follow our guidelines will be edited or removed from the site. We will notify you if your review is removed.
for full disclosure of the community participation rules.
Still have a question? Please send us an email
; we'll get back to you within two business days.