Many people use the terms “cavitation” and “ventilation” regarding a boat propeller’s performance, but far too many folks mix these terms and their meanings. Truth be told, they’re very different phenomenon. Join Senior Editor Lenny Rudow in this video, where he explains what each is, why they happen, and what you’ll need to do about it.
You say you want to learn more about those propellers, how they move your boat forward, and what propeller issues you might encounter? Then be sure to check out:
- Boating Tips: How Do Propellers Work?
- Understanding Propeller Pitch
- What to Do if you Have the Wrong Propeller Pitch
- Which is Best: Aluminum or Stainless-Steel Boat Propeller?
- High Performance Boat Propellers: The Art of Trade-Offs
- How to Change a Boat Propeller
- Outboard Expert: Finding the Right Boat Propeller
- Outboard Expert: Finding the Right Propeller, Part 2