|Grand Banks 42 Motoryacht|
|| 42 ft
|| Vero Beach, FL
|Fuel ||Diesel||Hull Material ||Fiberglass|| |
|Hull Shape ||Semi Displacement||Beam ||14 ft 1 in|| |
|Max Draft ||4 ft 2 in||Dry Weight ||34914 lb|| |
|Engine Make ||Caterpillar||Engine Model ||3126 In-Line 6CYL Turbocharged|| |
|Engine Year ||2000||Fuel Capacity ||600 gal|| |
|Length at Waterline ||42 ft||Length on Deck ||43 ft 3 in|| |
|Length Overall ||43 ft 3 in||Holding Tank Size ||30 gal|| |
|Water Capacity ||240 gal||Engine Hours ||2000|| |
|Number of Engines ||2|| || || |
On Display at the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show October 27-31
North Dock Slip D-39 at the Las Olas Marina
This 42 Grand Banks motoryacht model is an excellent example of old world craftsmanship produced by American Marine PTE Ltd. This model provides a more contemporary interior design which features a down galley, well appointed saloon and a split arrangement with a VIP stateroom forward and the Master Stateroom aft. Both have heads and seperate showers. This model also has a large flybridge and a spacious sun deck. Powered by optional Caterpillar 3126 diesel engines producing 420 h.p. this trawler can reach cruising speeds in the mid teens. "Grand Finale" has enjoyed excellent care by her original owner and by her current owners. The boat was docked in a covered slip for the first eight years and has been hauled out and stored indoors during winter months with her current owner.
The interior decor was completely changed in the spring and summer of 2009 and is tastefully upgraded with designer fabrics, upholstery, accessories, furniture and softgoods. This is one of the finest equipped and decorated Grand Banks models anywhere. It deserves the consideration of the descriminating yachting couple who are seeking a turn key traditional yacht with many custom upgrades. Located in Vero Beach, FL she is freshly detailed and is ready for the Winter/Spring cruising season in Florida and the Bahama Islands.
The comfortable guest cabin is forward and has a generous v-berth in the forepeak. There are drawers beneath the berths and a custom vertical bank of drawers to port, a hanging locker to starboard and a full length mirror. Traditional teak sealings above each berth are crafted from individual planks. The hanging locker has a louvered teak door. The entry door to this cabin and the door for the head is paneled teak with stainless steel latch and hinges. There is a large opening overhead hatch above the berths and hand fitted teak screens. Stainless steel ports provide ventilation and natural lighting. Designer soft goods, pillows and curtains were carefully selected to give this space a warm and cozy atmosphere. The guest head space is reached either from the guest cabin or from the companionway at the galley. The head has plenty of space and features a seperate shower, Vacu-flush marine head, mirrored vanity and cultured marble sink in L-shaped Corian countertop. The sind and shower have Grohe Fistures. There are drawers and cabinets. The shower has a teak seat and shelves, teak grating and a large cabinet. Opening ports with curtains and an overhead hatch provide ventillation.
The well equipped galley is portside below and opposite the guest head. It is open nicely to the saloon area and well lighted from the large windshields above.
The forward companionway steps lead up from the galley area to the spacious saloon on the main deck. This space sits directly above the engine room and has the same beautifully crafted parquet teak flooring used in all the deck spaces throughout the interior. There are entry doors port and starboard leading to the side decks. A fully equipped helm station is to starboard and has a comfortable helm seat with storage.
A large L-settee is built into the starboard side and across part of the aft bulkhead. Large storage spaces are beneath the settee. A designer love seat is placed opposite the settee and a custom Hi-Low cocktail table between. The love seat, the helm seat and the two swivel breakfast bar chairs are upholstered in Teal Ultrasuede. A lovely custom made rug highlights the saloon seating areas.
The saloon has large opening windows with screens on all four sides which provide not only natural lighting and ventillation but also a panoramic view in all directions. Stunning fabrics, custom throws and pillows, window treatments together with designer accessories have created a delightful space for relaxing, dining and entertaining.
Double teak paneled doors open aft in the saloon and provide access to the aft companionway steps leading to the master stateroom. This room is just stunning. It features an island queen bed, custom teak cabinetry, a desk and chair, teak planked sealings, and ensuite head with seperate shower. There is a 26" LCD TV and DVD player connected to a KVH satellite antenna on the radar arch. The custom window treatments, designer soft goods, spread, shams and pillows were selected by the owners to give this space a very warm and contemporary ambiance which blends delightfully well with the traditional teak joinery evident in this lovely state room.
The galley is forward and down three steps from the saloon. There is excellent natural lighting in this area which is open above to the expansive forward windows in the saloon. A breakfast bar with two swivel chairs overlooks the galley from the saloon. The bar table doubles as a navigation table and has a hinged teak top with chart storage beneath.
The traditional U-shaped galley arrangement provides plenty of space and ease of acces to all countertops, appliances and storage areas. There is an exceptional amount of storage in above and below counter cabinets & drawers. There is a large pantry area in the countertop accessed through a lift-off hatch.
- Corian Countertops with two lift-out hatches
- Large Dry Goods In-Countertop Storage
- (2) Stacked Refrigerators/Freezers Teak Doors & Heavy Latches
- (1) Stainless Steel Ice Box beneath Corian Countertop
- Princess 3-Burner Cooktop with Oven & Cover
- GE Microwave Oven
- Stainless Steel Sink with Single-Lever Delta Faucet
- Teak Drawers below Countertop
- Large Storage Area Beneath Sink
- Teak Glass and Dish Storage Cabinets
- Various Storage Cabinets and Shelves above Countertop
- Opening Port with Screen & Hatch with Screen
- Exhaust Fan above Cooktop
- Storage Beneath Companionway Steps
- Under Cabinet Task Lighting
The electronics and navigation equipment is mounted at both helm stations.
TV and Stereo systems are located in the saloon and aft cabin.
LOWER HELM STATION
Raytheon ST-6000 Autopilot
DSM 30 Digital Depth Sounder Module 2009
Raymarine C-120 12" Color Display 2009
Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF with RAM Microphone
Integrated Cirrus Weather Module and Radar Module 2009
- Richie Magnetic Compass
Control Panel for Niaid Stabilizers
Trim Tab Controls
Anchor Windlass Controls
Bow Thruster Controls
- Howard Miller Ship's Clock
FLYRIDGE HELM STATION
Raytheon ST-6000R Autopilot Remote
4KW 18" Radar Sender and Sirus Weather Module 2009
Raymarine C140 14" Color Display 2009
- Standard Horizon VHF
Richie Magnetic Compass
Naiad Stabilizer Controls Remote
Bow Thruster Control Remote PanelTrim Tab Switches
Anchor Windlass Controls
Jensen AM-FM-Cass Stereo with Sony MP61 Speakers
There are two individual electrical systems on board.
12 Volt DC Electrical System
(2) 4-D AGM Starting Batteries in Boxes Replaced 2010
(1) 4-D AGM Bow Thruster Battery
(1) Series 27 Generator Starting Battery
Battery Isolation Switches
(2) Engine & (1) Generator Alternators
Sentry 40 Amp Automatic Battery Charger
Battery Selector Switch
Distribution Panel with Circuit Breakers, Switches & Meters
AC Electrical System
- 9KW Onan Generator (2100 Hours +/-)
- Fwd & Aft 50 Amp Shore Power Inlets
- 50' 50 Amp Shore Power Cord
- Distribution Panel with Circuit Breakers, Switches & Meters
- Duplex Wall Outlets
- Customized Saloon Entertainment Center to Include 19' LCD Flat Screen TV, Stereo, CD Player 2010
- Bimini Sunbrella Plus with 60 mil Makrolon Windows 2010
- New Stratoglass Side Curtains 2010
- Textalene Windshield Covers 2010
- Upper & Lower Weather Clothes Installed 2010
- Flybridge Foam Seat Cushions Replaced 2010
- Love Seat, Helm Seat & Bar Chairs Upholstered 2010
- Custom Area Rug in Saloon 2010
- Collapsible Outboard Engine Davit on Sun Deck 2010
- Teak Engine Mount on Sundeck Rail 2010
- Stainless Boarding Rail for Swim Platform 2010
- Custom Wicker Flybridge Furniture (Optional) 2010
- Cluster Teak Tables 2010
- Folding Teak Table & Chairs on Sun Deck 2010
- Entire Vessel Detailed after launch in Spring 2011
- WEMA Holding Tank Monitor 2011
The generous side decks can be reached from the saloon from hinged doors port and starboard. All deck areas are teak planks with Thiachol black caulking and screws with teak bungs. Stainless steel safety railings and stancheons are mounted atop varnished teak caprails on the foredeck and side decks. The raised aft deck also has stainless steel railings. Hinged boarding gates are placed in the handrailing on the port and starboard side decks and at the transom on the aft deck. A boarding ladder is attached to the transom at the boarding gate to access the teak swim platform.
There are integral fiberglass steps with teak treads leading up to the aft deck from port & starboard side decks and from the aft deck to the flybridge. The flybridge is very spacious and has built-in modular seating units forward port and starboard. These have forward and aft facing seats and large storage with teak grating beneath removeable seat bottoms. The forward conole area has a fully equipped helm station on the starboard side and sliding doors on the port side for access to the large storage area beneath the console. There is a venturi windshield atop the forward console with stainless steel grab railing across the top. The entire bridge area is covered by an extended Bimini top and zippered weather curtains.
A custom radar arch carries various antennae and connects the Bimini to the extended top covering the aft portion of the flybridge. Stainless steel hand and safety railings surround the aft of the bridge and down the steps to the aft deck.
- Fiberglass Bow Pulpit with Dual Rollers & Stainless Railing
- LoFrans Tigress Horizontal Windlass with Cathead & Capstan
- Foot Switches for Windlass
- CQR 45# Anchor with 3/8" BBB Chain Rode mounted in rollers
- Delta Fast Set second anchor with nylon Rode in rollers
- Stainless Steel Hawse Pipes on Pulpit and at Cleats on Decks
- 12" Stainless Steel Cleats at stern, bow and amidships.
- (2) Large Stainless Steel H-Bitts at the aft corners of the aft deck
- Stainless Steel Grab Rails on Deckhouse Sides
- Vetus 12 VDC Bow Thruster
- Naiad Hydraulic Stabilizers
- Teak Swim Platform with swim ladder & Weaver Davits
- (3) Fiberglass Deck Boxes, (2) at stern (1) on foredeck.
- Forward & Aft Shore Power Connectors with Caps & Fuses
- 50' 50 amp Shore Power Cord
- RIB Dingy with 10 h.p. outboard motor carried on swim platform
- Vinyl Cushions with closed cell foam for all exterior seating
- Varnished Teak Light Boards on Deck House
- Varnished Teak Name & Hailing Port Boards on Transom
- Opening Middle Windshield
- Dockside Water Connection
- Electric Wipers and Washers
- Three Opening Deck Hatches Forward and One on Aft Deck
- Mooring LInes, Fenders, Life Jackets
- The engine space occupies the entire area directly beneath the saloon. Two large removeable deck hatches and one smaller hinged hatch provide access to this space for daily engine checks and major maintenance. Most of the machinery and heavy equipment is well placed in this engine room.
- (2) Caterpillar 3126 420 h.p. In-Line 6cyl Diesel Engines
- (2) Twin Disc MG5061 Marine Gears w/Reverse Gear
- (2) Vibration Dampening Shaft Couplers
- (2) 2" Stainless Steel Aquamet Propeller Shafts
- (2) 4-Blade Nibral Propellers
- (2) Dripless Propeller Shaft Seals
- (2) Fiberglass Aqualift Engine Mufflers
- Closed Cooling Systems on Engines & Generator
- (2) Mild Steel Fuel Tanks 600 gals. Total Capacity
- Dual Racor Filters & Valved Manifold
- 9 KW Onan Genset with Soundshield & Underwater Exhaust
- (2) Raw Water Cooling Pumps Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- (1) Stainless Steel Seaward 11 Gallon Water Heater
- (2) Aluminum Water Tanks total Capacity 240 Gals.
- 12 vdc Jabsco Pressure Water System w/Accumulator Tank
- Waste System with Holding Tank, Y-Valves & Macerator
- (2) 8-D 12 vdc Engine Starting Batteries in Fiberglass Boxes
- (1) Series 27 12 vdc Generator Starting Battery in Box
- (1) GPL-4D 12 vdc Bow Thruster Battery in Fwd Compartment
- Glendenning Synchronizer with Controls at Both Helm Stations
- Hynautic Steering System
- Hynautic Shifters and Throttle Controls
- Flourescent Engine Room Lights
Significant Maintenance Items Completed:
- Propellers Reconditioned 2011
- Starboard Turbocharger Rebuilt 2009
- Port Turbocharger Replaced 2010
- Replaced Heat Exchangers, Aftercoolers, hoses & Pumps on both main engines 2009
- Adjusted valves & Injectors both engines 2009
- Water Heater Replaced 2006
- Generator Muffler Replaced 2007
- Macerator Pump Replaced 2009
- Fuel Tank Level Sending Units Replaced 2009
- Jabsco Variable Flow Water System Pump 2010
- Stabilizers Factory Serviced & Shaft Seals Replaced 2011
- Micron CSC Bottom Paint 2011
- Oil & Filters, Fuel Filters & Impellers changed 2011
- All AC Units Serviced & New Mother Board on Aft 2011
- Upper Refrigerator Compressor Replaced 2011
- Fwd VacuFlush Head Rebuilt 2009
- Aft VacuFlush Head Replaced New Generation Series 2010
- Two House Batteries Replaced with AGMs 2010
- Britework Stripped then 16 Coats Varnish 2009
- Eight Coats of Britework Varnish 2011
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
The following Items are Excluded from the Inventory at sale:
Lamps in Master Stateroom
Oriental Rug in Galley
White Deck Chairs