- The most affordable high-performance models in the industry.
- The performance of the world’s fastest supercharged models without the added cost of a supercharger and intercooler.
- Dominating the Normally Aspirated class on the 2012 IJSBA national tour.
- Class-leading acceleration and top speed out of the box supported by a wide selection of aftermarket products for racing enthusiasts.
- Industry’s only race-ready nano-engineered hulls and decks.
The VXR™ and VXS™ return to the Yamaha WaveRunner® line in 2013 as the most affordable, ultra high-performance watercraft today. Designed to appeal to PWC racers and serious enthusiasts alike; the lightweight, agile VXR™ and VXS™ feature the latest engine and hull technology to deliver an athletically-challenging experience that hardcore rider have sorely missed for some time.
The offspring of the light, compact Yamaha VX™ Series and the ultra high-performance Yamaha FZ Series, these hyperactive WaveRunners® dominated the IJSBA racing scene in their freshman year, winning world and national titles. Sans the unwanted bells and whistles that do not add to the craft’s performance, the VXR™ and VXS™ are all about heart-pounding power, nimble closed-course handling, and race-tested reliability.
Powerful Yamaha 1.8L High Output Marine Engine
The heart of the Yamaha VXR™ and VXS™ is the industry’s first 1.8L marine engine that is the largest displacement motor ever designed for a personal watercraft. This normally-aspirated Yamaha marine engine produces awesome power, and when coupled with the ultra-light NanoXcel™ hull and deck; delivers faster top-end speed than competing supercharged models.
Still, this engine is also exceptionally fuel efficient and optimized to deliver the utmost performance using regular unleaded fuel.
Engine features include:
- Same lightweight, compact platform as Yamaha’s flagship FZR and FZS high-performance models without the added weight and expense of a supercharger and intercooler.
- High-torque for excellent acceleration.
- Open loop cooling for best performance, reliability and low maintenance.
- Throttle by wire reverse system controls RPM in reverse gear for maximum thrust efficiency.
- Low maintenance costs.
Yamaha NanoXcel™ Hull and Deck
The VXR and VXS feature the industry’s first and only nanotechnology-engineered hulls, decks, and liners that are the lightest and strongest in the market today. This is the same material featured on Yamaha’s flagship high-performance FZR and FZS models. The result is a state of the art watercraft that is quick, nimble, and with the balance and maneuverability that truly connects the rider to the machine.
In today’s more value-minded marketplace, there is nothing like the VXR™ and VXS™ that deliver on the singular goal of offering high-performance at an affordable price. These models focus on the true essence of what makes watercraft riding fun.