|| 24 ft
|Hull Material ||Fiberglass||Hull Shape ||Monohull|| |
|Beam ||8 ft 9 in||Max Draft ||4 ft|| |
|Dry Weight ||3100 lb||Length at Waterline ||20 ft|| |
|Length Overall ||24 ft|| || || |
|Age 12 to 80, no matter what their style: racing, daysailing or cruising. Her flared topsides make her dry on deck. Her "weekender" cabin makes it possible to get warm on cold days and she can be sailed easily by one person with only the mainsail. While some of the world's best sailors have the latest version J/24, a well-prepared 1977 model, built to the same shape and weight with rigid end-grained balsa core construction can still win the class world championship even after 30,000+ miles of trailering. That's "One Design". The International J/24 is built in the U.S., Japan, Austrailia and Italy and has more than 50,000 people sailing 5,300 boats in 150 fleets in 40 countries.
I : 26.25 ft
J : 9.33 ft
P : 28.00 ft
E : 9.58 ft
Working Sail Area : 261.00 sq ft
- Teak and holly synthetic cabin sole.
- Two adult size settee berths with large storage area below.
- Large forward V-berth, with two access boards above mast step
area and three inspection ports for access into v-berth
- Waterproof interior lights, 3 function electrical panel.
- Molded sink with one flexible water tank in cabinet below.
- Dry goods storage cabinet above sink.
- Cabinet doors (3) are watertight Bomar ports.
- Molded open storage shelves above settee berths.
- Molded step box with lid.
- Stainless lifting bar bolted to keel for hoisting.
- Lexan 3/8' companionway board on white PVC runners.
- Lloyds approved Baltek end grained balsa core laminate
construction, using hand laid-up glass in both hull & deck.
- #VE8110 Vinylester resin in outer hull skin for 10 year
transferable blister warranty.
- Full structural main bulkhead glassed to hull & deck.
- Heavy duty stainless chainplates bolted to main bulkhead.
- Anodized aluminum mast bearing beam, glassed to hull and
grounded to keel.
- Low maintenance molded V-berth unit bonded to the hull to
form watertight compartment with inspection port.
- Aft storage compartments port and starboard with access from
- Transom hung rudder with stainless gudgeon/ pintles.
- Lead & Antimony 950lb. fin keel, and finished with
Interprotect 2000 primer.
- Self-bailing cockpit.
- White gel coat hull and deck.
- Molded positive traction non-skid surface on deck.
- Deck and Hull bonded with Plexus structural adhesive.
- ORC sized white thermo-plastic toe rail running full length of
the deck both sides.
|Deck Hardware & Running Rigging
- Waterline Systems optimized hardware layout.
- Two Harken two speed primary winches mounted on molded
winch pads with winch handle and plastic holder.
- One set of black anodized jib tracks, with adjustment holes and
two Schaefer jib blocks.
- One set of black anodized genoa tracks, with adjustment holes
and two Harken ratchets on sliding cars.
- One continuous genoa sheet.
- Harken Windward Sheeting traveler car with two traveler
- Harken 4-part mainsheet system with anodized aluminum
traveler bar with welded foot brace.
- 8:1 boom vang with strop and Harken hardware.
- Main halyard with Wichard shackle, cleated on the port side of
mast to horn cleat.
- Tapered genoa halyard with snap shackle, cleated through
double Harken cams on starboard side of mast. Halyard tail led
through deck mounted Harken rachet.
- Two Spinnaker sheets each led through Harken single and
ratchet blocks attached to stanchion bases and cleated through
- Spinnaker halyard with cleat on starboard side of mast.
- Pole topping lift led to Harken swivel cam on seahood.
- One continuous spinnaker twing line with Harken hardware.
- 2:1 Adjustable backstay led to both sides of cockpit through
Harken cams with low profile eyes.
- 6:1 Cunningham with spectra strop and Harken hardware.
- Tapered, anodized aluminum racing mast with airfoil
spreaders, thru-bar spreader bracket, Gibb "T" terminals, and
black measurement bands.
- Three sets of holes at 1/2" intervals in mast bearing beam with
two stainless fastpins for easy adjustment.
- 1 x 19 Stainless Standing rigging with open body turnbuckles.
- Anodized aluminum boom with Harken 5:1 internal outhaul
and adjustable reef line.
- Aluminium spinnaker pole.
- Ronstan 32" tiller extension with neoprene joint attached to a
custom laminated wood tiller with stainless straps.
- Stainless bow pulpit and stern pulpit with Class minimum 20"
stanchions and single lifelines.
- Bomar foredeck hatch mounted with lid opening forward.
- White main hatch with molded seahood which slides on white
- Seahood inspection port for lifting strap access to keel.
- Bow mooring eye and two bow chocks.
- Heavy duty stainless stemhead fitting with snap shackle for
- Two four bolt mooring cleats aft.
- Bow and Stern navigation lights.
- Lightweight fixed outboard bracket.