|| 56 ft
|| Newport, RI
|Fuel ||Diesel||Hull Material ||Fiberglass|| |
|Hull Shape ||Displacement||Beam ||16 ft 9 in|| |
|Max Draft ||5 ft 10 in||Draft Board/Drive Up ||5 ft 10 in|| |
|Engine Make ||John Deere||Engine Model ||6068TFM75/M1|| |
|Engine Year ||2009||Fuel Capacity ||1700 gal|| |
|Length at Waterline ||50 ft||Length on Deck ||56 ft|| |
|Number of Heads ||2||Holding Tank Size ||40 gal|| |
|Water Capacity ||450 gal||Engine Hours ||1850|| |
|Number of Berths ||6||Number of Engines ||2|| |
|Max Bridge Clearance ||27 ft|| || || |
Courtesy Showings Available at the Newport Shipyard
SHEARWATER ex GLACIER STAR is a classic Seaton design, finished to the highest structural and aesthetic standards. Her clean lines and distinctive sheer prompt admiration wherever she travels and her living quarters provide classic and comfortable accommodations for a ship's complement of four for long range cruising. She is outfitted with the best of equipment, with all vital systems redundant for safe, comfortable offshore passages as well as the amenities and room for stores for extended living aboard in remote areas. A yachtsman's trawler, SHEARWATER has enjoyed wonderful maintenance with constant upgrades including two new continuous duty John Deeres in 2009.
In the words of a well known boat yard owner, “This is the boat that the others pretend to be.”
- Bright, airy saloon is located aft of the galley midships, with a large pass through between. Finished with white Formica and varnished ash trim for a clean, classic look.
- Port side L-shaped settee and rosewood inlaid dining/ coffee table with adjustable size and height allows comfortable dining for 6 people with additional leaf. Forward of settee is a large built in desk with four drawers.
- Built in end table with drawers aft; stereo system in overhead cabinetry above table.
- Three built in, flush lockers under windows along starboard side provide deep storage.
- Two matching leather Ekornes Stressless reclining chairs with matching ottomans.
- Two matching straight back chairs for desk and dining table.
- Recessed lighting through main saloon and galley provide daytime utility and intimate, dimmed lighting by night
- Ice maker, Primary HVAC unit and TV located forward on starboard side.
- Second HVAC unit under settee which also serves the aft head
- Two opening windows in main saloon and aft door, all with removable screens
- Steps aft lead up to aft deck and down to aft stateroom.
- Entry from galley area up four steps or from port and starboard weather deck via heavy, dogged doors which have removable screens.
- Comfortable, bright area with good all-around visibility.
- All instruments and controls within easy reach on formica and ash trimmed console for efficient piloting. Daylight visible displays ensure good readability under all conditions.
- Two large lockers forward accommodate computer system and provide access to helm wiring, as well as ample storage for equipment. Additional hanging locker provides ready access to foul weather gear, ditch bag and EBIRB.
- Large Ultraleather bench with footrest provides comfortable seating for four people and doubles as a watch berth. Overhead mounted stereo/CD player.
- Large chart drawer under upholstered bench.
- Removable bookcase above bench seating provides wiring access to underside of Flybridge console. Additional counter space on either side for other equipment.
Two small opening windows with removable screens aft on port and starboard provide ventilation and a handy pass through up to the Flybridge.
- Located on the port side, forward of the main salon.
- Large work space above refrigeration units is finished with high gloss epoxied rosewood and ash, white Corian with decorative heat resistant tile inlays.
- Large capacity Grunert holding plate refrigeration (18 cu.ft.) and freezer (9 cu.ft.) provide ample space and long term temperature stability. Separate temperature gauges allow easy monitoring.
- Equipped with a microwave, double stainless steel sink with spray head and disposal, and a 3-burner Force 10 gas stove with oven (New May 2008).
- Crystal locker accommodates glassware and wine stems.
- Overhead lockers and bins, as well as numerous drawers provide ample storage space for tableware, cookware, linens and kitchen equipment. A tall locker provides accessible storage space for frequently used pantry items. A flush mounted spice rack provide easy access for the cook and is removable for wiring access.
- Opening window with removable screen above galley sink for the amusement of the cook or dishwasher.
- Across the galley passageway, starboard side, are the electrical distribution panels, the salon HVAC, TV and ice maker. Adjacent to the electrical panels is a locker containing the water maker controls. Pilot house access via steps with storage underneath.
Laundry Room and Pantry:
- Conveniently located a few steps down from the galley just aft of the forward stateroom
- Floor to ceiling shelving provides ample storage for pantry staples.
- Separate Miele washer and dryer (New Sept 2009).
- Large cedar lined closet across from the pantry with shelves and a hanging rod provides convenient and easily accessible storage for housekeeping items.
- Roomy and well lit guest stateroom with large double berth to port and a settee to starboard; the back of the settee lifts to create two sea berths, excellent for overnight passages.
- A small desk with bench provides a vanity table/ computer work surface.
- Drawers under the berth and settee, and four corner lockers above the berth and settee, as well as bins below the desk provide storage.
- Four opening stainless steel portlights with removable screens provide ventilation
- HVAC unit under Port Berth which also serves the Forward Head
- Head is fitted with an electric, fresh water flush Raritan Crown II marine toilet with storage lockers above and deep lockers forward.
- White Corian trimmed with ash, the sink area has additional storage above, below and forward.
- The ceramic stall shower is all the way forward with a deck escape hatch overhead that also supplies ventilation and abundant natural light.
- Additional natural light to the head is provided by an overhead deck prism.
- Accessed by stairs from the aft deck, the flybridge provides a steering console centrally located forward with helm, engine instruments, engine and steering controls and navigation and communication equipment.
- Sliding windows that provide all weather ventilation to the pilot house serve as pass through ports from the pilot house.
- Flybridge forward bench accommodates 4 people comfortably, also housing 3 each 30 lb propane tanks underneath, with additional storage space on the starboard side.
- Just aft of the forward bench is an aft facing bench, then a large teak table with drop down leaves.
- Facing forward to the teak table is another upholstered bench above an air cooled Frigibar refrigerator/ freezer.
- Aft on the port side is a slide out drawer with gas grill.
- The steering station and forward bench are covered by a large Sunbrella dodger with stainless steel bows and full side and front curtains. An awning which is easily put up keeps the entire flybridge table and seating area cool and shady.
- The dry exhaust structure doubles as support for the outriggers and the bridge between them provides a platform for lights, whip antennas, TV antenna, radar antenna and radar reflector.
House 12 Volt DC Electrical System:
Electronics 12 Volt DC Electrical System:
- Three each 8D Lifeline AGM batteries (660 amp-hours)
- Redundant charging via battery combiners from all other charging systems (fully automatic)
- WPS Model 8329N 160 amp alternator [New May 2011] mounted on Port Engine
- Heart Interface charger w/ 3 stage external regulator
- Volt and amp meters wheelhouse console
120/240 Volt Electrical System:
- Northern Lights M854 B/HE/20N, 20Kw Genset w/ 2080 hrs. & soft sound shield.
- Northern Lights M843NK.3-12KW, 12Kw Genset w/ 3090hrs. & soft sound shield.
- Magnum MS2812 MagnaSine 2800VA Pure Sine Wave Inverter in House battery system with 125 amp battery charger [New Nov 2009]
- ProSine Pure Sine Wave 1000-watt inverter in Electronics battery system with remote panel
- 50 amp, 25 ft. Shore Power Cord with a variety of adapters
- 50 amp U.S and 50 amp International shore power outlets port and starboard
- Source AC Selection Panel with frequency, voltage and amp meters and reverse polarity indicator: (1) 20Kw Genset, (2) 12 Kw Genset, (3) U.S. Shore Power, (4) International Shore Power
- 120/240 volt AC Distribution Panel with 28 circuit breakers
|Navigation Electronics & Compasses
- Northstar 951 XDW Wass receiver
- Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS [New Nov 2008]
- Magellan GPS 3000 with external power and remote antenna mounted at chart table
- Milltech Smart Radio SR161 AIS Receiver [New May 2008]
- Simrad AP20 autopilot interfaced to GPS and computer systems with remote control at flybridge steering station
- Furuno Model 7112 12 Kw Radar with Furuno C-2000 Heading Sensor
- B&G depth and speed displays at both the wheelhouse and flybridge steering stations
- KVH Azimuth 314 digital compass at wheelhouse steering station
- Autohelm ST-30 wind speed and direction displays both in wheelhouse and over owner's berth with Autohelm Rotavecta wind sensor
- Autohelm compass with display over the owners berth
- Raymarine E-120 Multi-Function Displays at both the wheelhouse and flybridge steering stations [New Nov 2008]
- Raymarine DSM300 Digital Sounder (Fish & Bottom Finder) displayed on both E-120s [New Nov 2008]
- Four video cameras (one aft facing on aft antenna platform, one in Pump Room and two in Engine Room) displayed on wheelhouse E-120 [New Nov 2008]
- Navionics Digital Charts: CF/1XG All US & Northern Bahamas, CF905P US mid Atlantic & Canyons, CF/906PP US Southeast & Bahamas, CF/926PP Bahamas SE, displayed on both E-120s [New Nov 2008]
- Rayline 10” Electric Remote Control Searchlight, Model 41120-2110 with remote controls at both wheelhouse and flybridge steering stations
- Danforth Constellation 6” Steering Compass at the wheelhouse helm
- Danforth Constellation 4” Steering Compass at the flybridge helm
- ICOM IC-M602 Marine VHF Radio Transceiver at wheelhouse helm with remote full function microphone at the flybridge helm
- ICOM IC-M504 Marine VHF Radio Transceiver at flybridge helm with remote full function microphone at the wheelhouse helm
- M700 Marine SSB Radiotelephone Transceiver at wheelhouse steering station
- ICOM IC-751A HF SSB Amateur Radiotelephone Transceiver in wheelhouse
- KVH Tracphone 25 with handset in wheelhouse
- Kahlenberg Model D-1 dual-tone air horns mounted on wheelhouse
- Signalmate Automated Horn Controller at wheelhouse helm with manual button at flybridge helm [New May 2008
|Steering & Engine Control
- Two John Deere 6068TFM75/M1 148hp: 1850 hrs (July 2012)
- John Deere/ FW Murphy Helmview 1000 Engine Instrumentation at both steering stations [New Nov 2009] (John Deere warranty until 11/20/2014)
- FW Murphy XM500 with transducers for Transmission Pressure display on Helmview 1000 at both steering stations [New Oct 2010]
- Teleflex Hynautic Dual Station, Twin Engine Shifters and Throttles
- 24” Destroyer Wheels at wheelhouse and flybridge
- Wagner Type N Dual Station Hydaulic Steering
- Rudder Angle Indicators at both steering stations
- Gateway SX2800 Small Form Factor PC with Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5 GHz DDR2, 750GB HDD, DVDRW, HDMI, Windows 7 [New Feb 2010]
- Apple Airport Extreme Model A1354 wireless router [New Feb 2010] Samsung
- SyncMaster 570S 15 LCD monitor fixed mounted over chart table
- Rogue Wave WiFi Bridge mounted on aft Antenna Platform [New Feb 2010]
- Belkin USB Hub Model F5U407 [New Feb 2010]
- Samsung CLP-310, Color Laser Printer [New Jan 2010]
- Rose Point Coastal Explorer Navigation software [New Feb 2010]
- KVH Track net 2 with SAT and cell modems fully interfaced with network connection at Salon desk and bridge helm station
- NMEA data ports saloon desk and wheelhouse helm
- Sharp flat screen TV with Sony DVD player main saloon
- Panasonic flat screen TV with integral DVD player in aft stateroom
- Pioneer DEH-P4600MP AM/FM/CD/MP3 stereos main saloon and wheelhouse with remote controls
- Pioneer CDX-P680 6-disk CD changer in main saloon with remote control
- Three pair of DC Gold Audio speakers recessed in the overhead
- Shakespeare Broadcast TV antenna on the Aft Antenna Platform [New Apr 2010]
- KVH Tracvision G4 satellite TV system
- Sony Satellite Receiver SAT-A50, SAT-B50
- Port and Starboard Main Engines: John Deere 6068TFM75/M1 148 hp.; 2200 hrs September 2015 [New Nov 2009] John Deere electronic engine synchronization [New Nov 2009].
- Three Deka 1231MF Cranking Batteries, 1125 CCA @ 0°F
- Port and Starboard Twin Disc 507-1 1.98:1 reduction gears.
- Main engines are cooled by two Fernstrum grid coolers and have dry exhaust stacks
- Four integral diesel fuel tanks with sight glasses.
- Diesel Fuel Tank Selection Manifold
- Dual Algae-X Fuel Filters
- Dual RCI Water/Sludge Filters with remote sensor gauges mounted in galley passageway
- Two Redundant, Switchable Racor Filters/Water Separators for Main Engines with remote sensor gauges mounted in galley passageway
- Two Walbro Electric Fuel Priming Pumps for main Engines
- Three Racor Closed Crankcase Ventilators one on each main Engine [New Nov 2009] and one on 12Kw Genset [New Oct 2008]
- Two Delta “T”, 9”” axial air intake fans
- A 8” exhaust blower [New Feb 2011]
- Six overhead lighting fixtures, each with two compact florescent lamps
- Groco MX Oil Change Pump with 3-Port Manifold serving 2 Main Engines and 12 KW Genset [New May 2011].
- Three Groco Hydromatic Model 970-1500 self-cleaning sea water strainers, one for each of the two Gensets and one for the raw water feed to the water maker.
- 15 gallon FRP tank molded integral gray water sump with a 12 volt Jabsco discharge pump and auto switch governed by a latching relay.
- Both generators have wet exhaust systems with water injection elbows at the exhaust manifold, water lift mufflers and exhaust thru the transom.
- Two 25 x 16 NiBrAl propellers on 2" Stainless Steel Shafts [tuned to class I [Mar 2012
- Two 2" stainless steel shafts
- Two PYI PSS Packless Shaft Seals [Nov 2009]
- Two Spurs size “E” Line Cutters
- 2" Jabsco Bilge Pump, clutch/belt driven by Starboard Engine with pick up in Pump Room bilge
- 63 GPH Sea Recovery Reverse Osmosis FF Whisper Series Water maker with permanently installed servicing components.
- Two redundant Groco “PSR” Paragon Senior Automatic Fresh Water Pumps [one New Feb 2009]
- Two Amtrol Well-X-Trol Professional Pre-pressurized Water Pressure accumulator tanks
- Grunert Refrigeration Compressor and Control Box
- Grunert Air Cooling Unit [New Nov 2011]
- Two, Redundant March LC-3CP-MD 2 Refrigeration Cooling Water Pumps [New Mar 2010]
- Refrigeration cooling water strainer and pump transfer manifold supplied by two redundant pumps
- Cooling water manifold that supplies five HVAC units and provides backup cooling for the refrigeration compressorsupplied by three redundant pumps
- Two Baldor Reliance JL3506A Raw Water Pumps [New Jul 2012]
- One Oberdorfer 109MB-J19 Raw Water Pump with Century AC Motor [New Mar 2010]
- Two Groco Hydromatic Model 970-1500 self-cleaning sea water strainers, one Port and one Starboard for selectable, redundant supply of raw water to the cooling manifold.
- 12 Gal. Raritan Marine Electric 1700 Series hot water heater [New 2010]
- Two Rule 2000 gph electric bilge pumps with Ultra UPS-1 Bilge Pump Switches and high water alarm gong behind wheelhouse bookcase
- 45 gallon FRP tank molded integral gray water sump with a 12 volt Jabsco discharge pump and auto switch governed by a latching relay.
- Groco MX Oil Change Pump serving 20 KW Genset [New May 2011]
- Coleman Powermate 3/4 HP Air Compressor for horns
- Nilsen Maxwell 3000 anchor windless is on the foredeck with foot controls on deck and a remote control at the wheelhouse helm
- Chain Locker accessed from Foredeck through a Freeman hatch
- 100 lb. Manson Plow working anchor with 250 ft of 3/8" G4 anchor chain in bow roller
- Fortress FX55 aluminum anchor carried in chocks on the fore deck with 20 feet of chain and 200 ft of plaited nylon rode on an elevated shelf within the anchor locker.
- Large Lazarette accessed through a Freeman hatch on the Aft Deck
- 150 lb. Paul Luke Yachtsman storm anchor in Lazarrette
- 60 lb. Danforth anchor in Lazarrette
- Nilsen Maxwell 1000warping drum with foot control on the aft deck
- Six 15” Stainless Steel Cleats and Four 12” Stainless Steel Cleats
- Six 7/8" Double Braided Black Nylon Dock Lines: 2 each 40 ft., 2 each 30 ft. with black ballistic nylon Chafe Gear, 2 each 20 ft. with black ballistic nylon Chafe Gear [New Feb 2011]
- Six 15” x 41” Polyform Fenders each with a Black Polyform cover and two 7/16" x 8 ft. Fender Whips, with 6" eyes [New Feb 2011]
- Large Foredeck Locker accessed through two Freeman hatches for storage of mooring gear
- A raised counter on the aft deck contains a sink with spray head and two drawers for storage of small deck tools and a large locker
- Avon 3.40 RIB tender with 25 hp Mercury electric-start outboard motor in custom chocks
- Running lights installed on Avon RIB [New Apr 2011]
- Nautical Structures electric dinghy davit
- Recessed fresh water and salt water wash down hose bibs on both fore deck and aft deck
- 1¼” Stainless Steel Stanchions and Pulpits with ¼” 1 X 19 Type 316 stainless steel lifelines [New Dec 2010]
- Outriggers with Paravane stabilizers and rigging [New Jun 2008]
- Spare Paravane with halyard wire in Lazarette
- Emergency tiller in Lazarette
- Two Rule 3500 gph pumps with auto port and starboard in Lazarette bilge
- Bronze Bell on Flybridge for anchor watch signals
- Custom Aluminum Boarding Ladder
- Large teak swim platform with fold-down ladder
- Two Aft Deck Flood Lights
- Four Courtesy Lights: one adjacent to each of wheelhouse doors, one over aft door and one over aft deck sink
- Force 10 model 63351, Gimballed, 3-burner Stove [New May 2008]
- Hood: Rangaire H833/H835/H837
- Marinetics 580 Gas Control Solenoid Valve with Control Panel-581
- Amana Radarange Plus Model RMC 720 Microwave Convection Oven
- TEC Cherokee CH10SS Grill on Flybridge
- Three 30 lb. Aluminum Propane tanks with regulators
- Twelve opening portlights providing cross ventilation in all staterooms and living areas
- Four deck hatches and three deck doors for ventilation and egress
- All opening ports, hatches and doors are provided with removable insect screening.
- Five Marine Air HVAC units—Wheelhouse 12k BTU, Fwd Cabin 12k BTU, Main Salon Starboard 16k BTU, Main Salon Port & Aft Head 12k BTU, Aft Stateroom 12k BTU]
- Two Groco GM-50 Holding Tank Level Displays with Alarms and Groco 450 Sensor Assemblies [one of each New Oct 2011]
- Ceramic window tinting on all main saloon, galley and galley passageway windows [New Dec 2011]
- Latex mattresses in forward and aft staterooms with Sunbrella covers [New Jun 2008]
- Three pairs of Weems & Plath Clock & Barometer in polished brass cases
- Window curtains in main saloon and galley
- Window curtains in Forward and Aft Staterooms [New Jun 2008]
- EPIRB: ACR GlobalFix 406 MHz RLB-35
- Fireboy-Xintex Series 3000, 5000 & 8000 Halon Series II - Halon 1301 Automatic Extinguishing and Engine Shutdown Systems with Halon cylinders located in Engine Room, Pump Room and under console in wheelhouse
- Nine Hand-held Fire Extinguishers stored in designated brackets throughout vessel
- 8-person Avon Valise E-pack Liferaft with double floor, reflective tape & Emergency pack stowed under Aft Deck counter [Inspected, Restocked & Repacked Feb 2009]
- Family Guard GCD1 Battery Operated Carbon Monoxide Detector/Alarm
- First Alert Battery Operated Carbon Monoxide Detector/Alarm
- Large quantity of emergency flares and signaling devices
- Large quantity of life jackets
- Horseshoe life ring
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.