The end of the calendar year always combines a heady mixture of looking back and looking ahead, wrapped in a here-today frenzy of paper, bows, and "What should I get for...?" Today we're taking a look back at some of the highlights for the past year.
"Waterproof" and "keeping things dry" are always important on the water. Here are two items that fall into that category:
- Otterbox Armor iPhone Case: Smartphone Protection from Stupid Humans
- Better LifeProof than Naked: iPad Mini Case Stands Up to the Elements
And every boat needs a pair of binoculars. Lenny Rudow compares several in The Best Binoculars on Boats: Alpen vs. Bushnell vs. Canon vs. Fujinon vs. Nikon
With an avid fisherman on staff, we've covered a lot of ground in the past year. Here's one of Lenny's many ideas: World’s Best Fishing Rod?
Find more fishing related gift ideas
For the dog lover
Who doesn't like boat-related toys? Here are a few to consider:
- M1 Personal Transporter: Winter’s must-buy gadget?
- The Flyboard: How to Add Fun to Your PWC
- A Cool Kite Sail for Power Boaters
- Wavejet: a Motorized Surfboard
- Riviera 404 Stand Up Paddleboard
- Gibbs Quadski Video: From Quad Bike to Jet Ski in Seconds
- aHqua2O Mini-Sub: Underwater Dreamboat
For a more personal gift, consider a photo of your favorite boat as a present for its owner. To help make it one worthy of framing, read
7 Tips for Taking Great Boat Photos
Enjoying Time with Family
After all, isn't that what the holidays are really about? Here are a couple of suggestions for ways to spend time together:
- Watch All Is Lost, the sailing film starring Robert Redford
- Learn how to prevent seasickness
- Three Best Knots for Tying Up a Boat
- How to take your kids fishing: 5 top tips
Enjoy your shopping, and let us know your favorite gift ideas. And to order the boating Santa pictured above, visit Amazon.