Halfway through the annual Boating Writers International awards presentation, contest chair Lindsey Johnson invited Lenny Rudow to stay up on "stage" permanently. When the final tally was complete, Lenny had collected six plaques, as well as one certificate of merit. And other boats.com writers were recognized as well.
"This contest gives us a chance to see how our stories are judged within the boating writers' community," said Editorial Director John Burnham, himself a certificate of merit winner for Tiara 50 Coupe: The Captain’s Boat. "It also shows our commitment to covering a wide range of boating topics."
The awards included:
- 2nd place in "Boat Tests and Reviews" for Metal Shark: Bite This! (Lenny Rudow)
- 3rd place in "Ethics and the Environment" for Green Is Good (Kim Kavin)
- 3rd place in "Boat Projects" for How-To Special: Rebuild a Small Outboard Carburetor (Lenny Rudow)
- 3rd place in "Electronics" for Chart Transplant (Lenny Rudow)
- 3rd place in "Fishing" for Minting Mindy (Lenny Rudow)
- 4 Certificates of Merit (Jeff Hemmel, John Burnham, Charles Plueddeman, Lenny Rudow)
Congratulations to all the winners! For more information, visit Boating Writers' International.