Here are the top ten boat-related stories you might have missed this week.
1. Sea lion stows away on diver's boat:
2. Five reasons you should own a boat. Whether you are a famous celebrity or not, you should buy a boat. Here are the secret reasons why life is better as a boat owner.
3. Dad sinks daughter's fling in boat's restroom, cops say. Heads up, Dad: It's never good news when your little girl brings home a boyfriend named 'Bubba."
4. Tsunami debris causing controversy in Hawaii. Finding a boat that washed up on Oahu raised the hopes of a Hawaiian family — but their dream of keeping it apparently was dashed when the government seized it as tsunami debris.
5. Crappie Fishing: Early-season tips from a legendary guide. Sam Heaton, who has been around fishing all his life, spent 25 years as a crappie guide on Alabama’s famed Weiss Lake. In time, he moved along in his fishing career, and now he is one of the primary in-the-field men for MinnKota and Humminbird.
6. Oracle flying toward 2013 Americas Cup. Our UK Editor, Gael Pawson, likes what she sees in the latest video from Oracle Team USA.
7. Warming drives worrying surge in arctic fishing. Climate change may be good news for the Arctic fishing industry over the next few years, but it could spell long-term disaster for one of the world’s most promising yet fragile fisheries.
8. Why Johnny Depp, Alan Jackson and Billy Joel own boats. These three famous folk may not have much else in common, but they do share a love of being on the water. And what they have to say about boating rings true for all of us.
9. Paul Allen: The Ultimate Yachtsman? If you had the financial resources of Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, would you own a four hundred foot super-mega-yacht? Of course!
10. Charter for a long weekend instead of a week and get a better boat. It used to be that charter yachts like the Sheer Bliss could only be reserved by the week. These days, however, long weekends to the Bahamas are a possibility.