Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Model||Picnic Boat EP|
|LOA||36 ft 5 in|
|Length at Water Line||33 ft 6 in|
|Max Draft||1 ft 6 in|
|Dry Weight||11700 lb|
|Drive Type||Jet Drive|
|Engine usage (hours)||700|
|Maximum Speed||29 mph|
|Cruising Speed||24 mph|
|Fuel Tanks||160 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||35 gal|
|Holding Tanks||27 gal|
|Hull Shape||Modified Vee|
"Fitz Sea V" was one of the last Picnic Boat 36EP’s built and has been meticulously cared for and maintained. She has all the right "Stuff"
- She features the “common rail” Volvo 435 hp engine which provides great power, but is smooth and produces significantly less emissions than earlier engines, with under 700 hours.
- Full air conditioning with reverse cycle heat throughout (down below and Pilothouse)
- Mobile Power 110VAC Alternator - to power Air Conditioning system when away from dock
- All new cushions interior and exterior 2017.
She is currently stored in a heated shed at Dodson's Boat Yard in Stonington CT
"Fitz Sea V" represents the opportunity enjoy one of the nicest Picnic Boats available. Built in Maine with heirloom quality craftsmanship, she combines elegance, simplicity and traditional aesthetics with modern materials and engineering. Easy to maneuver with fingertip control through the Hinckley JetStick, she will provide her next owner with many years of enjoyment on the water with family and friends.
Accommodations & Layout:
"Fitz Sea V" is one of the finest Picnic Boat EP (Extended Pilothouse)’s built with the highest level of refinement. She was build for a multi-time Hinckley owner who was able to get the boat equipped and set up “just right”. She features the “common rail” Volvo 435 hp engine which provides great power, but is smooth and produces significantly less emissions than earlier engines.
During her short life, she has always been Hinckley maintained and used only seasonally. In addition to the Volvo engine, she features an air conditioning system that can be run either while away from the dock or at the slip plugged in.
She sleeps two comfortably forward in V-berths and includes a head with shower, and a galley. An L-shaped settee with table and two forward facing Stidd seats are in the pilothouse. This 2008 model features a transom door with a filler piece to provide full seating across the transom, and a custom 1 ¼”extended Stainless Steel bow rail.
Some introductory boat features include:
- The Volvo 435 hp engine provides great power while producing less noise and emissions than previous engines used in the Picnic Boat
- Full air conditioning and heating both in the pilothouse and down below, both dockside 110 volt and underway with engine mounted Mobile Power generator
- One of a few with the desirable transom door though the transom allowing easy access on and off the boat from the swim platform
- Custom lengthened bow rail constructed from sturdier than normal stainless steel tubing.
- 2 electric Stidd chairs
- New cushions throughout
Hull and Deck
- Majestic Blue Alwgrip Topsides
- Light Cream W-520 Gelcoat Cabin house and deck with contrasting Moondust nonkskid
- Light Cream Boot stripe
- Red Bottom
The Hull is Hinckley DualGuard® composite, Kevlar/ E-glass hybrid outer skin with resin infused segmented Aircraft grade balsa and Corecell core, with carbon fiber inner skin, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin.
Deck and cockpit are E-glass and Aircraft grade balsa and Corecell core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin. The deck sole and foredeck have an Awlgrip painted nonskid pattern.
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline.
- Stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molded rub rail
Swim Platform: Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round rubrail.
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform.
- Transom handle painted to match hull
- Flush foredeck anchor locker, with hide-away windlass
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- 316L Stainless Steel handrails on the cabin top and on the pilothouse rooftop, also a stainless steel wrap around handrail on the sides and aft end of the pilothouse.
- Bow Rail - Custom extended bowrail made with 1 ¼” stainless steel tubing
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens)
- Hinckley pilothouse mast radome painted to match deck on pilothouse top.
- (5) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with screens with Ocean Air Sky Screens/Blinds
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and springline 316L stainless steel mooring cleats – all cleats are pop-up and can be lowered flush to deck when not in use
- Padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders
- Aft midship cleat and fender padeye placed to be easily reachable from the cockpit
- Stainless steel chafe strip across transom to prevent chafing on transom/deck corner
- 4 sockets on side decks - One port and one stb on side deck aft for shore cord holder. One port and one stb. near boarding area for boarding handle.
Entry to the cockpit:
- A stainless steel cockpit step ladder with teak treads that mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets.
- Transom door from swim platform to cockpit.
- At aft end of cockpit and includes filler piece for transom door so seating goes full width. Aft settee includes a hinged lid under the cushion to allow access to removable storage tub and to access bilge areas. The portside has a transom door with a removable folding seat section. There are port and starboard cup holders just forward of cushions
- At aft end of engine box
- All seating is covered in Kravat Soleil Castaway Tomato (Red with Cream Palm Trees).
- The wet bar is between the cockpit and the pilothouse and includes a molded sink with foldaway faucet with hot and cold pressure water, and an insulated and self-draining icebox.
- Storage is provided below on port and starboard sides.
- The sink and cooler have varnished teak covers.
Other cockpit features:
- Cockpit and pilothouse sole has an AwlGrip “Moondust” painted non-skid which contrasts with the smooth portions of deck which are light cream
- Cockpit lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve located in forward face of stern seat.
- Direct overboard drainage scuppers.
The Pilothouse is finished in gloss varnished teak and is laid out with an L-shaped settee to port with a removable varnished teak table, providing a comfortable area under cover for sitting or eating.
Forward in the pilothouse are two Stidd helm seats which offer excellent visibility when underway. The starboard seat faces the helm station while the port seat provides a spot for a passenger.
- Stidd helm and passenger seats are on “tall” powder-coated pedestals with integrated foot rests. These “tall” pedestals provide extra visibility for the helmsman and passenger. These seats are adjusted electrically both for height and forward and aft positioning. These seats can also swivel to face aft and are finished in Ivory Ultra-Leather, matching the deck color.
Between the two seats is the forward varnished teak door with teak top companionway leading below and a large pilothouse sole hatch accessing a bilge locker and systems.
While the aft end of the pilothouse can be left open to the elements in nice weather, it can also be enclosed allowing the space to be heated or air conditioned.
Pilothouse features include:
- A Modified Hinckley teak package covers the dash area, around pilothouse windows, around L-settee, and cockpit coaming caps
- (4) Pilothouse windows include: (2) Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Pilothouse windows tinted green
- Insulated white overhead for sound attenuation
- Pilothouse top has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Air Blinds/Screens
- Lighting is provided by a total of 4 Halogen overhead lights. Light above helm seat is on a separate circuit. Both circuits-are on dimmer switches
- Five (5) Stainless steel Cup holders
- Two varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top.
- Ivory-colored Stamoid interior window sun covers (which match gelcoat color) for all four pilothouse windows.
- Ivory-colored Stamoid drop curtains with Eisenglass windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse. Curtains match color of deck.
- At forward end of pilothouse, a varnished teak door with teak top is provided. Both portions can be locked.
- 110 VAC outlet (waterproof style)
HELM STATION (Starboard):
- Varnished teak instrument pod
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley “JetStick®” control
- Custom Volvo gauge package for Picnic Boat includes Analog style tachometer with LCD screen (controlled by Volvo touch pad) displays engine functions and alarms. Also Low Oil Pressure gauge and High Cooling Water Temp and fuel level gauges are analog style for easy reading.
- Top-opening chart pocket with chart storage outboard to starboard.
- 12-volt “cigarette style” outlet in chart pocket
- Two cup holders.
- Lenco Trim Tab controls
- High Water Bilge Alarm
- Electric engine hatch control
- Remote windlass control
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Raymarine E-120 Multifunction Navigation display with 12” color screen
- Raymarine DSM 300 Fish Finder
- 2KW Radome on pilothouse top - painted to match deck color
- Integrated Sirius Satellite Weather system
- Raymarine ST 6002 Autopilot - interfaced to GPS
- ST60 Plus Tri-Data gauge to display depth and speed.
- Standard Horizon VHF with RAM Microphone
- Ritchie Binnacle compass
- Alpine CDA-9857 AM/FM/CD stereo receiver, and CD changer
- Alpine CHA-S634 6-disc CD changer with MP3 format
- Speakers: (2) MB Quartz speakers in Pilothouse: (2) MB Quartz speakers on V-berth forward bulkhead
- Sirius Satellite Radio
From the pilothouse companionway is the Galley to port, enclosed Head to starboard and V-berth accommodations forward. The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including hull sheathing and is air conditioned and heated.
- The cabin sole is varnished teak and holly.
- Overhead is sound absorbent material with cherry battens
- There is an opening overhead hatch above the V-berth with Ocean Air Blind/Screen
- There are four (4) opening ports- one in galley, head, and in two above the V-berth all with removable screens
- Fans (Hella) - port and starboard on forward bulkhead
- Stereo Speakers on forward bulkhead
- Corian countertop- Platinum
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Refrigeration – Sea Frost 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self-draining box
- Microwave 110-volt 600 watt oven
- 110-volt outlet
- (3) Cherry drawers
- Red step light in galley
- Opening port with screen
- Pullout under-counter garbage can
- Storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
The galley is separated from the V-berth area with a “pantry” locker with louvered door and shelves.
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water.
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer beside the marine head, and a locker access under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- Cushions are new with blue stripes
- Storage under the V-berths with easy access cherry drop-front door to port.
- Storage in forepeak behind a louvered cherry door.
- Hanging locker to starboard just aft of the V-berths with custom pull out bar for easier hanging of clothes and a storage bracket for the companionway hatch lid
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft
Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system:
12-volt DC electrical system:
- (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine
- Heavy duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting
110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system:
- AC electrical distribution panel, volt and amp meters and DC sub-panel
- 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord
- MasterVolt inverter/Battery Charger
- ProMariner Galvanic Isolator monitor
Mobile Power 110VAC Alternator - to power Air Conditioning system when away from dock.
2008 Volvo D6-435 hp diesel engine with “common rail” technology, Hamilton 292 Jet Drive, ZF IRM220PL transmission and Side-Power SP55 SI 7” 12-volt bow thruster. Hinckley custom “JetStick®” control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Volvo Tachometer with digital display with multiple engine data available
- Analog style oil pressure, battery voltage and engine water temperatures gauges
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high water temperature
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system
- Two (2) Racor fuel filter/water separator filters (one for each tank)
- Custom electric fuel tank selector
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Manual hydraulic steering helm pump
- (2) Electric 1500 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted in cockpit locker
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- FireBoy Automatic Fire Extinguisher with Engine Shutdown Override Panel
- High water bilge alarm
- Algae X fuel filtration
- Air conditioning for pilothouse and cabin - 18,000 btu for pilothouse and 10,000 for cabin
- Accupoint heater for pilothouse and cabin
- Aluminum 27-gallon holding tank with overboard discharge
- Stainless steel 6-gallon hot water heater – shore power and engine heated
- Acoustic lined foam engine box insulation and double gaskets on engine box cover with electric riser
- Engine box exhaust fan
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket
- Boat hook
- Brass 6” Bell
- Dock lines
- Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve
- Life jackets
- Hand held flare kit
- (3) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- 12-volt Kahlenburg air horn with switch on dash
- Masthead and running lights
Ground Tackle system:
Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with Delta 22# anchor + 15” SS chain & 150’ anchor rode and stainless steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote at anchor locker
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
Get a Shipping Quote
Cheap Boat Transport Services - Save up to 80%
Shipping Estimate: Unavailable
Please request quotes and estimates below:
Please request quotes and estimates below: