Watch the Bayliner Discovery 192 Video Boat Review
Overview: A small, inexpensive boat with a cuddy cabin.
- Design a boat in the Discovery series—which is all about maximizing versatility and ability while minimizing maintenance and cost—and give it overnighting abilities.
- Fiberglass hull; deck has fiberglass compartment liners molded in; stainless-steel hardware.
- Compartment hatches have gas-assist struts.
- Cruises around 30 mph, tops out close to 40.
- Fast hole-shot for waterskiing and wakeboarding.
- Great low-speed cruising economy; at 21.9 mph it gets 5.6 miles to the gallon.
- Hydraulic-assisted sterndrive steering is easy to handle.
- Wanders a bit at slow speed, like most small single-engine sterndrive boats.
- Cabin is surprisingly roomy for a 19-foot boat.
- Removable aft seats boost fishing abilities.