Watch the Boats.com Bayliner Discovery 266 Video Boat Review
Overview: A single-engine pocket cruiser with an enclosed helm and a fishing cockpit.
- Dedicate a larger percentage of the boat to an enclosed helm and cabin, but reserve enough space for a fishable cockpit.
- Provide complete weather protection to extend the boating season.
- Fiberglass-encapsulated stringers; sliding side windows; fully linered cockpit and cabin.
- Single sterndrive provides a surprisingly fast top end for a boat of this nature, nearing 40 mph.
- High center of gravity means it’s on the tender side.
- 17-degree deadrise and chunky (6,820-lb) disposition bulls waves out of the way.
- Hole shot is sufficient for fishing and cruising, but not for pulling skiers or wakeboarders.
- Cabin size is equivalent to that of a 28’ to 30’ boat, but cockpit size is equivalent to that of a 22’ or 24’ boat.
- Extended hardtop provides sun protection. Cockpit bimini provides complete sun protection.