Following on the worldwide success of their Gib'Sea 43' (winner of the 2001 Best Production Cruiser Under $200K -- it also goes by the name Moorings 433), Gib'Sea 33' (nominated for Cruising Boat of the Year in 2001), 37' and 51', Dufour has filled the gap in it's Gib'Sea lineup with the new 41'.
As annouced at the Paris Boat Show, the first 41' is being launched this week in La Rochelle, France. For two weeks the Dufour technical and worldwide sales staff will be testing the boat to make sure that everything is perfectly tuned with what the market is expecting from such boat.
Demo rides for prospective buyers will be available in France starting the end of May. The first Gib'Sea 41 for North America will arrive in Annapolis in mid August and will be introduced at the fall Newport and Annapolis Boat Shows.
The New Gib'Sea 41' offers:
- Broad, clear side decks, a rounded coachroof with lateral footrests that makes moving about easier when heeled. Handrails are positioned on the coachtop roof and around the foredeck hatches.
- The famous Dolphin Nose, a unique system for anchoring on a production boat, and which in addition is used for tacking on the Asymmetric spinnaker like on a bowsprit.
- No less than 17 deck hatches and opening portlights for maximum ventilation, and as on the whole Gib'Sea range, 2 fixed hull portlights for increased luminosity and for keeping an eye on the outside when at anchor.
- In the cockpit the helmsman has, on each side of the steering wheel, a flat coaming for sitting comfortably even when heeled and the genoa winches within reach. The helmsman's seat hinges in the middle to transform into steps leading to the transom skirt. The cockpit seats are 2 meters long and sun worshippers will find a recessed area on the coachroof top for exceptional comfort lying down.
- A masthead rig with double sweptback spreaders and lower forestay will be equipped with a furling genoa and semi full-batten main with Lazy bag.
3 cabins and 3 heads, seldom seen before on a 12 meter yacht.
The Gib'Sea 41 has exceptional comfort down below with three cabins each with en-suite head.
This layout version will be ideal for cruising/holidays with friends and privacy for all.
3 cabins and 2 heads, much more classic, the aft head space to port has been enlarged and the generously sized chart table with plenty of stowage has been placed to starboard.
This layout version will be perfectly adapted for cruising with all the family.
In both versions, the forward owner's cabin will have its private head and will be generously sized with a 2 metre long island berth, a large hanging locker and 2 door cupboard.
The saloon is vast and bright with a lengthways galley to port and to starboard a table surrounded with a settee for seating 8 people comfortably.
The aft cabins benefit, as in the whole range, from 3 opening portlights and 2 meter long berths.
Range and self-sufficiency will be ensured by a fuel capacity for about 48 hours motoring at cruising speed and a water capacity of 150 gallons.
|LOA||12.45 m||41' 6"|
|Beam overall||3.92 m||13' 1"|
|Lightship displacement||8.00 t||17680 lbs|
|Draught||1.70 m||5' 8"|
|Upwind sail area||80.00 m2||861 sq. ft.|
|Standard Engine||40 hp|| |
1, rue Blaise-Pascal
BP 24 - 17182 Perigny cedex
Phone : (33) 5 46 30 07 60
Fax : (33) 5 46 45 46 96
Dufour Yachts USA
1 Chelsea Court
Annapolis, MD? 21403
Phone: (410) 268-6417??
Fax: (410) 268-9739
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.DufourYachts.com