Following on the success of their Gib'Sea 43 (also known as the Moorings 433 and winner of the Cruising World 2001 Boat of the Year Award for Best Production Cruiser under $200K) and the Gib'Sea 33, Dufour Yachts of France has launched the new Gib'Sea 51. The first boat was launched in late June and test sailed by the International dealer network at the annual meeting in La Rochelle, France.
The boatshow premiere schedule for this new model includes the Cannes, La Rochelle, Genoa and Barcelona shows. There are no plans to exhibit the new model at any of the fall or winter US shows.
Clearly intended for the charter trade at this time, as is their Atoll line, the 51 is configured with 5 cabins and 5 heads, although there is a preliminary set of drawings for a 4 cabin version currently under review. US Distributor Don Walsh expects that we will see "consumer" versions of the 51 in 1-2 years' time, designed with 2-4 cabins and 2-3 heads.
The first boats have been purchased by The Moorings and SunSail charter operations for use in the Caribbean by this Christmas. The Moorings purchased 20 of the Gib'Sea 43s for their Caribbean operations last year; the combination of spaciousness, ease of handling and tough construction has proven successful for Dufour and charter operators.
To meet the demand for the Gib'Sea line, Dufour has dedicated all of its boatbuilding capacity, temporarily suspending production of the Nautitech catamaran and Atoll series.
Current pricing for the Gib'Sea 51 is just under $350,000.
|Architects||J & J Designs|
|Engine||78 HP Volvo diesel|
|Sail Area||1378 sq. ft.|
1 - CONSTRUCTION
- NPG gelcoat and first solid laminate cloth impregnated with NPG resin, guaranteeing an excellent barrier against osmosis.
- Hand- laid hull in isopthalic resin and glass fiber reinforced with TWARON.
- Floor frames laminate to the hull.
- Deck in balsa core sandwich, Deck counter moulded.
- Inner head molding.
- Cast iron keel.
- Semi-elliptic rudder filled with closed cell epoxy foam.
2 - DECK AND FITTINGS
- Pulpit with dolphin nose stem head fitting, anchor roller and red and green lights.
- Chain locker with eyebolt and 1200 W Lofrans electric windlass.
- Toe rails with fairleads, stanchion bases, stanchions, S/S guardrails and accommodation gate.
- 6 aluminum mooring cleats.
- Pushpit with horseshoe buoy bracket, out- board bracket and ensign staff.
- Mast foot rails
- S/s handrail on coachroof.
- 11 deck hatches, 13 opening port-lights. 6 fixed port-lights
- Genoa sheet tracks with lead-blocks.
- Mainsheet track on coachroof top
- Halyard clutches on coachroof top.
- 2 Lewmar AST 50 winches for halyards and reef-taking.
- 2 Lewmar AST 64 winches for genoa sheets.
- 2 winch handles with pockets.
- Sliding companionway hatch and Plexiglas door with removable washboard.
- Self-draining cockpit offering broad access to the bathing platform.
- 2 cockpit lockers with fasteners and pad- lock eyes.
- Gas cylinder beneath port helmsmans seat.
- Stowage under starboard helmsman's seat.
- Twin steering pedestals and engine controls to starboard.
- Cockpit table with compass, engine control panel, cockpit lighting and 12 V outlet.
- Broad transom scoop with cockpit shower, stem light and bathing ladder.
3 - SPARS AND RIGGING:
- Double spreader anodized aluminum mast, double backstay and inner forestay.
- Aluminum mast heel with blocks.
- Deck organizer for halyard returns.
- Halyards inside mast.
- Anodized aluminum boom. Boom vang.
- Profurl genoa Furler.
- Standing rigging in S/S single strand cable.
- Mainsail and genoa halyards, boom top- ping lift, Main and genoa sheets.
- Steaming and anchor lights on mast.
4 - SAILS :
- Semi-full batten mainsail with 2 reefs.
- Roller furling jib with anti-UV strip.
- Easy-bag and lazy-Jacks.
- All the joinery is made in first choice light Tola.
- Surround mouldings in solid timber.
- All soles in double-sided stripe effect laminated teak.
5 - FORWARD CABIN:
- Berth approx. 200 x 160.
- Foam mattress with washable cover.
- Polyethylene water tank approx. 180 L.
- Access to stowage spaces under berth and to the bow thruster (option).
- Shelves along hull side, I hanging locker, I deckhead light + 2 reading lights.
- Buflon lining on hull side.
6 - SIDE CABINS:
- Berth approx. 200 x 140 convertible into over/under bunks.
- Polyethylene water tank approx. 250 L with sight gauge.
- I hanging locker, and a shelf on hull side, 2 reading lights and 2 deckhead lights.
- Opening port-light on coachroof trunk, fixed on hull side and deck hatch
7 - SALOON:
- Wood mast pillar
- Earthing of rigging through chain plates.
- Settee to starboard and central, with saloon table convertible into a berth, with built-in bar.
- Ergonomic foam cushions and backrests and washable cushions.
- Crumb tray under sole.
- 6 deckhead lights + 2 reading lights.
- Stowage under seats and access to technical space under central settee.
- 2 fixed port-lights on hull side.
8 - GALLEY:
- Laminated Compact worktop with fiddle and double s/s sink.
- Chrome plated brass mixer tap. S/S 2 burner stove/oven.
- Cupboard, shelves and drawers.
- Refrigerator approx. 250 L with water exchanger system.
- Neon light over galley.
- Opening port-lights on coachroof trunk and I fixed on hull side.
9 - NAVIGATION STATION TO STBD:
- Chart table/desk.
- 12 V electrical panel with circuit breakers and 12 V outlet.
- Navigators seat and misc. Stowage.
- Flexible chart reading light.
- Fixed port-light on coachroof trunk.
10 - COMPANIONWAY:
- Teak handrails.
- Access to engine under GRP steps.
11 - AFT CABINS:
- Double berth 200 x 150 approx.
- Foam mattress with washable covers.
- Hanging locker with shelf on top. Shelf on hull side.
- Access to back of engine and on sides.
- Polyethylene diesel tanks of approx. 250 L with electric gauge under berth.
- Opening port-light on coachroof trunk and in transom.
- I deckhead light and 2 reading lights. Buflon hull lining.
- Polyethylene water tank, approx. 300 L between cabins.
12 - SHOWER/HEAD:
- Marine toilet with provision for holding tank.
- Washbasin with Compact counter top.
- Mirror, deckhead light and stowage unit with shelves.
- Chrome plated brass mixer tap with shower fitting.
- Opening port-light on coachroof trunk.
13 - ENGINE:
- VOLVO diesel engine 78hp with propeller shaft transmission.
- Heat exchanger.
- Alternator 55 A.
- Fuel filter with water separator.
- Sound deadening foam.
- Fixed three-bladed propeller.
- Access to the engine from the front, back and sides.
- Electric ventilation.
- Engine control panel.
- Gauge on electrical panel and at chart table.
14 - TECHNICAL:
- Pressurized water system.
- Water heater 75 L.
- Electric bilge pump.
- Electric shower pump.
- Electrical panel with circuit breakers.
- I engine battery, 115 Ah.
- 3 house batteries, 135 Ah.
- Battery switches for engine and house batteries.
- Hour meter.
15 - OPTIONS
Options available for the Gibsea 51 include:
- Furling Mast and Mainsail
- Furling Mast & Mainsail
- Furling Mast & Mainsail
- Assymetrical Spinnaker
- Assymetrical Spinnaker Gear
- Spinnaker Sock
- Rigid Boom Vang
- Bimini Top
- Spray Hood - Dodger
- Steering Wheel Cover(s)
- Air Conditioning - Shore Powered 12K BTU 37/43 32K-51
- Dufour Dish Set (6 on 33 - 8 on 37/43 10 on 51)
- Frigomatic Refrigeration
- Engine Driven Refrigeration
- Extra Battery (75 A on 33, 135 A on 43)
- Set of Deck Hatch Blinds (3 on 33, 9 on 43)
- Cockpit Cushions
- French Safety Pkg for 6/8 (No Liferaft)+ Storm Jib
- Storm Jib
- Secondary Anchor
- Epoxy Treatment & Antifouling
- Antifouling Only
- Ventilation Kit (4 fans on 33, 6 on 43)
- S/S Bow Protection
- FM Radio with CD Player & 2 Speakers
- Autohelm ST 60 Electonics
- Multifunction Repeater at Chart Table
- Autohelm Auto Pilot ST 6000
- GPS MLR FX 312
This document is in no way contractual. It is provided for information only and may be modified without notice.
1, rue Blaise-Pascal
BP 24 - 17182 Perigny cedex
Phone : (33) 5 46 30 07 60
Fax : (33) 5 46 45 46 96
Dufour Yachts USA
1 Chelsea Court
Annapolis, MD 21403
Phone: (410) 268-6417
Fax: (410) 268-9739