Watch the Platinum Series Video Boat Review.
Overview: The Platinum 25 is a pontoon boat with a sporty attitude—it’s super-comfy, surprisingly fast, and it handles more like a monohull than an average pontoon boat. Other models in the line share the same traits.
- Create a new top-shelf model line of pontoon boats for Lowe featuring the flagship of the flagships, the Platinum 25.
- Three-log design allows for better handling at higher speeds, and incorporates more ability to plane than average pontoons.
- Luxury levels well above the norm, plus better looks and equipment than the average pontoon line.
- Welded aluminum construction.
- Every component is a grade above the norm: carpet is 32-oz. instead of 20-something; vinyls are tough but comfortable “Soft Touch” fabric; roto-molded seat bases are much thicker than usual and don’t oil-can when pushed or prodded.
- Startling, shocking, WOW – we broke 45-mph!
- Mid-range acceleration is head-snapping.
- A one-foot chop and small boat wakes have little to no effect, even when running fast.
- Cornering and turning is more like a monohull than a pontoon, thanks to the triple-log design.
- The center log is slightly lower than the outer ones, allowing the boat to essentially bank and carve turns.
- Stability is excellent, again in no small part due to the triple-log design.
- Two-tone Soft Touch fabric has metallic flake finish, which gives the boat an unusual look.
- Pop-up changing station under aft sunpad is compact, allowing extra room for watertoy stowage.
- Self-leveling arms on captain’s chair make it extra-comfy.
- 600-watt sub-woofer provides kick-butt tunes.
Visit the Lowe Boats website.