Before you can catch fish, you've got to find them. Join our electronics sharpie, boats.com senior editor Lenny Rudow, as he explains the basics of using a fishfinder and what to look for on-screen. He'll also show you how to "peak" the transducer, to maximize performance. And when you need to turn off those auto functions, and dial it in manually.
Want to learn more about fishfinders and how to use them? Check out these articles on boats.com:
- Sonar Smack-Down: Traditional Fishfinders vs. Down-Looking Imagers/Scanners vs. CHIRP
- Raymarine Dragonfly: A Whole New Breed of Fishfinder
- 6 Tips for Tuning Your Fishfinder
- Fishfinder Transducers: What You Need to Know
- Fishfinder Follow-up: Garmin vs. Raymarine vs. Simrad
- Lowrance StructureScan: Seeing Sideways