Boston Whaler has launched its new 50th Anniversary Edition of The 420 Outrage. This new edition features all the specifications of the original model but with a few unique additions to honour the fifty-year legacy of the brand. The anniversary model embodies decades of Outrage evolution with defining features such as the ability to check fuel levels with just the push of a button and one-button technology that starts all three engines at once. It also features color-contrasting upholstery on the helm deck seating, made with cool to touch material to avoid heating up in the sun.
The 420 Outrage Anniversary Edition features world-class, fuel-efficient Triple 600-hp V12 Mercury Verados engines that deliver smooth handling and performance. Boston Whaler President Nick Stickler comments that "It's a powerful next-generation offshore cruiser that represents the future of the Whaler brand”.
50th Anniversary Edition of The 420 Outrage. Image credit: Boston Whaler.
Key Features of the anniversary edition include:
- Teak Accents: Teak accents highlight seating, footrests, storage shelves, toe rails, cupholders and downriggers ball holders throughout the helm deck.
- FROSTBOX Refrigeration System: When the hottest months hit, this refrigeration system keeps drinks cool and is an ideal place to store fresh catches.
- Painted Engines and Painted Hardtop Bottom: The 420 Outrage offers customization with engines color-co-ordinated with the boat's hull side paint.
- Black Hardtop Frame: Featured in the new edition is a sleek black package incorporated in the boat frame, overhead storage, port, and starboard helm deck grab rail to create an elegant look.
- Seakeeper Gyro Stabilization System: Reduces boat roll on the water.
- Upgraded Interior Upholstery & Finishings: Multiple choices are available for color on countertops, and flooring for the cockpit, galley and cabin.
50th Anniversary Edition of The 420 Outrage. Image from Boston Whaler.com.
The Homecoming Tour
To celebrate the launch of the new 420 Outrage Anniversary Edition Boston Whaler are planning a “Homecoming Tour” across the NorthEastern United States. At tour locations in New York City and across the East Coast it will include VIP events and the sea trials of the full-featured Anniversary Edition model. Stickler says that "The new 420 Outrage is a pure expression of boating capability" and “For boaters seeking a higher level of luxury, comfort and performance, it's on a plane all its own."
The tour will also include a special reunion held in Quincy, Massachusetts, where the original Outrage model is still used fifty years after its conception. The Boston Whaler ‘Homecoming Tour’ will commence in August 2021 and conclude at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show in October 2021.
All the features from the original 420 Outrage model are incorporated in the new Anniversary Edition. For example, the seamless command created by power steering and digital throttle, convertible aft benches to make more room in the cockpit, and Dynamic Running Surface hull technology.
Interested in seeing more Boston Whaler models? Check out the Newly Redesigned 2021 Dauntless 220.