- Before planning your next holiday vacation, you might want to do a little research into these private yacht charters—taking you everywhere from the Bahamas, Caribbean, and Fiji, to Southeast Asia and Antarctica.
- Keep in mind, the weekly rate for these private yacht charters range between $45,000 to $480,000 and beyond. These five mega yachts offer 5 to 16 cabins layouts with room to accommodate 10 to 32 guests onboard.
- For more information on yacht charters, be sure to read Charter a Yacht: Q&A Session with a Professional Charter Captain, and read up on other exotic charter destinations in 5 Bareboat Charters Off the Beaten Path and Bareboat Charter Destinations: 5 Easy Trips for Amateurs.
Most people take a vacation during the holidays, but few people are lucky enough to be able to vacation aboard a private yacht in an exotic destination. For those of us who need a little “armchair cruising” at this time of year, here’s a look at five dream yacht charters that are available this winter.
Nicole Evelyn in the Bahamas
This 125-foot Cheoy Lee is part of the Ocean Independence charter fleet. She’s a semi-custom tri-deck yacht with a hot tub on her second deck and a sundeck one level above that, for catching some rays or having a barbecue at the grill. The yacht’s interior is filled with the fine woodwork for which Cheoy Lee is known as a builder. Five staterooms accommodate 10 guests. For the holidays, the weekly base rate to charter Nicole Evelyn is $95,000.
For more information, visit Ocean Independence.
Haida 1929 in the Caribbean
Edmiston represents the 233-foot Haida 1929, whose name is an homage to the year she was built. Haida 1929 recently completed an extensive refit at the storied Pendennis shipyard in the United Kingdom, where a pool was added to the yacht’s top deck, a new interior by Adam Lay was installed, and new tenders and toys were added. Haida 1929 is basing in Antigua this winter. Her holiday weekly base rate for 12 guests is $375,000.
For more information, visit Edmiston.
Pacific Quest in Fiji
The 81-foot Pacific Quest just recently joined the Northrop & Johnson charter fleet in Fiji. She’s a catamaran that specializes in scuba-themed charters, with a dive instructor and dive masters as part of the crew. They offer guests as many as five dives a day, including a night dive. For other kinds of fun in the South Pacific, Pacific Quest also carries Jet Skis, fishing gear, water skis, wakeboards and more. The yacht takes 10 guests at a weekly base rate of $45,000.
For more information, visit Northrop & Johnson.
Saluzi in Southeast Asia
This 225-foot Austal is one of the few luxury charter yachts worldwide that is able to accommodate more than 12 guests. Saluzi takes 32 guests in 16 staterooms, and she has deck spaces sized to welcome them all for parties. Also on board are a spa with two therapists, a gym with a personal trainer, an open-air cinema, a karaoke setup, and two hot tubs. Itineraries are available in Thailand and the Maldives, with a weekly base rate of $480,000.
For more information, visit Austal.
Rosehearty in Antarctica
The Italian shipyard Perini Navi is known for building some of the finest sailing yachts in the world, and its 183-foot Rosehearty is heading this season to one of the most remote destinations on the planet. Rosehearty will be chartering in Antarctica, bringing guests into contact with icebergs, penguins, whales and more. Itineraries depart from King George Island, with six staterooms accommodating 12 guests.
For more information, visit Perini Navi's charter division.
Looking for more destinations to plan your escape? Check out these top destinations:
- Destinations for Snorkeling & Diving in 2018
- Destinations for Sailing in 2018
- Destinations for Deep Sea Fishing
- Top 10 Fishing Destinations Bucket List
- Best Spring Break Destinations for Watersports Junkies
- PWC Destinations: Planning Your Next Adventure