Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||SIDNEY, British Columbia, Canada|
|LOA||54 ft 12 in|
|Length on Deck||53 ft|
|Beam||14 ft 9 in|
|Max Draft||3 ft 10 in|
|Engine Model||6-71 TI|
|Propeller Type||4 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||2928|
|Engine Model||671 TI|
|Propeller Type||4 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||2923|
|Builder||Canoe Cove Manufacturing|
|Fuel Tanks||500 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||300 gal|
|Holding Tanks||40 gal (Plastic)|
The 53' Canoe Cove is a West Coast classic. This is a robust and spacious design that has proven itself over many years in the North West. This particular boat is in exceptional condition, due to the ongoing and continuous professional maintenance that this boat has received its entire life. The vessel has always been boathouse kept and it shows. Although the renewal and maintenance list is extensive, notable is the complete professional renewal of the electrical systems in the past year.
This a great opportunity to own a turnkey classic Canoe Cove in exceptional condition. Price just reduced to $248,000. Seller would like to see this boat in caring new hands sooner than later.
Please review the photos and full specifications to see the beautiful vessel that is being offered here.
This is a two stateroom, two head layout. The staterooms are very private with separate stairways and heads leading to the individual cabins.
The master stateroom is located midships and is accessed by a stairway descending from the main salon. At the bottom of the stairway you will find a door to a head and master cabin. The master has a centre line queen berth, excellent storage and quality chromed bronze opening ports. The attached head is comprised of a Vanity, Vacu-Flush Head & a Separate Shower with bench seat.
The guest accommodation is located forward below deck. This is accessed from a stairway descending from the pilothouse forward. Here you would find a spacious V-shaped cabin with two separate and comfortable berths. There are ample storage drawers and lockers as well as the chromed bronze opening ports. Adjacent to the cabin is the second head with vanity, vacu-flush head, and a separate stand up shower.
The cockpit is easily accessed through the transom door from the teak swim platform. It is spacious and keeps you low to the water. There is a beautifully finished wet bar/locker unit on the port side as well as a third helm which is perfect for docking astern. There is a varnished wood door with a large glass window that opens to the salon. A fitted carpet gives the cockpit a comfortable look and feel.
Entering the Salon from the cockpit it will revel a large open space, surrounded by large windows and beautiful wood work. The space is open all the way through to the pilothouse, creating a bright and open boat. This area could be a flex area with your preferred furniture as nothing is built in. Currently there are two comfortable chairs to port with a wooden table that houses the hidden television. To Starboard is a double reclining lounge with cup holders, storage, and USB plugs. The lighting is LED and indirect strip lighting.
The U- Shaped Galley is located forward of the Salon to port and on the same level. There is a counter service here with two bar stools, perfect for socialising while preparing meals. The galley floors are hardwood and there is ample stowage in the beautifully finished wood cabinetry. Again this is a bright open space with views to the windows. There is a good inventory of appliances described later in Galley equipment.
A few short steps up from the galley and salon is the pilothouse. This comprises of a spacious U-Shaped seating/dining area to port, a space with two helm chairs forward and the full inventory of Electronics and Mechanical instrumentation inventoried under the individual categories. This is a space with a view, surrounded by windows and two large sliding pilothouse doors. From here there is a stairway to the bridge and a stairway to the forward guest stateroom.
The bridge comprises of the helm and three captains chairs along with an L-Shaped seating area, perfect for socialising with a view whether underway or at anchor. There is plenty of storage and the soft goods are in excellent condition. Aft of the bridge is a stair leading to the top deck. This is where the tender sits on chocks and can be launched with the mechanical/electric davit system.
- Engines - Twin Detroit 6-71TI, Rated 410hp at 2500 rpm, installed new in 1985 and currently have just under 3000 hours
- Transmissions - 5 HD 200 ER Capitol Gears 1:1 (Port Rebuilt in 2013 & Starboard Rebuilt in 2014)
- VDrives - RV61 Water Gear V Drives (New in 2009)
- Propeller Shafts - 2" Stainless Shafts at 15 degrees, two spare shafts included
- Propellers - 4 Blade Propellers 28" diameter x 27" pitch, two mounted, two spares
- Controls - Hynautic Controls, three stations
- Glendinning Synchronizer
- Bow Thruster - Wesmar DPC8E twin 8" impeller (1996)
- Steering - Teleflex hydraulic steering
- Generator - Kohler 12.5KW, 2785 hours
Electrical & Electronics
- Comnav Autopilot, Controls in Pilothouse and Bridge
- Depth Sounder Pilothouse - Furuno FCV-628/588, New 2018
- Depth Sounder Bridge - Hummingbird
- Radar Pilothouse - Furuno 1751, RDP-099
- GPS Auxiliary Pilothouse - Furuno WAAS GP 32
- GPS Chart Plotter - Standard Horizon CP 1000C, moveable between bridge and pilothouse mounts
- Electronic Charts - Canada West May 2016
- VHF Pilothouse - Icom IC-M601, 2005
- VHF Bridge - Icom IC-M502, 2006
- VHF Portable - Uniden HH985
- AIS Receiver - Icom MXA 5000, 2009
- Windspeed & Direction - Simrad IS 12
- Compass Pilothouse - Airguide Marine Compass, Rainbow Model 93
- Sony AM/FM/Cassette with Sony CD Changer, Salon and Pilothouse Speakers
- Television Salon - 23' Toshiba Television with built in DVD, mounted in hidden salon furniture with an electric lift on a wireless remote
- Television Guest Stateroom - 19" Toshiba with built in DVD
Note that this vessel had a complete electrical rewire in 2016/17. This included all new electrical runs AC & DC, new fixtures, and new breaker panels. This was a significant scope of work with costs in excess of $125k.
- Starting Batteries - Two 8D 12 Volt Petrocan 205 Amp Hour, New August 2016
- House Bank - Twelve Trojan T-105 6V Deep Cycle Batteries 1500 Amp Hour at 12 Volts, New August 2015
- Generator Start - 12 Volt Group 31, New 2017
- Inverter/Charger - Magnum MS 2812 2800w Inverter, with remote panel, New August 2015
- Battery Chargers - Xantrex True Charge 2x20Amp, Echo 15A
- Battery Monitor - Cruising Equipment Company
- Stove - Four Burner Gaggenau Electric Cook Top
- Sink - Double Sink White Ceramic Coating
- Microwave - Panasonic Convection/Microwave, 2013
- Dishwasher - Fisher & Paykel Drawer Dish Washer, 2015
- Trash Compactor - Not Functional, used as waste bin
- Refrigerator/Freezer - Dometic 8.5 cubic foot, 2008
- Bar Fridge - Norcold 1.9 cubic foot, 2017
Additional Equipment & Information
- Electric Baseboard
- Two Diesel Fired Wallas Forced Air Heating Units (Salon 40DT, Staterooms 30DT), New 2013
- Engine Heat
- Toilets - Two Mansfield Vacu-flush 800 Series
- Vacuum Pumps - Two Dometic, New 2016
- Holding Tank - 40 Gallon Sea Land, New 2001
- Hot Water Tank - Torrid 17 Gallon
- Pressure Water - Par/Jabsco Model 3800, with spares
- 300 Gallon Water Capacity
- Electric Bilge Pumps and Shower Sumps
- Central Vacuum - Johnny Vacuum, Marine Grade Stainless Steel
- Dehumidifier - Garrison
Exterior & Deck:
- Three window wipers on pilothouse windows
- Anchor Roller - On custom bowspit
- Anchor & Rode - 30KG Delta Fast-Set, 250' of 3/8 Chain, New in 2001
- Anchor Windlass - Simpson Lawrence, SL Sealion 526 Electric
- Tender - 11'6" Boston Whaler 1980 with 9.9hp Mercury Mariner Outboard, stored on bridge
- Davit - Electric Winch Rule 2000lb 12V, New cable in 2015
- Opening Door in Transom
- Storage under swim platform for tender fuel tanks
- High Quality Canvas covers on all exterior furniture and bridge controls done by Coyote Canvas
- Two folding deck chairs stowed on the top deck under custom covers
- Two large round fenders
- Miscellaneous Dock Lines and 6 Mooring Fenders
- Large cooler box in cockpit used for storing lines and shore power cables
- Large fibreglass deck storage box mounted forward
- Stainless Steel Stanchions with a teak cap rail starting at the forward pilothouse and running aft.
- Spotlight on Bridge *
- Deck light on Mast
This vessel is housed in a 60' Boathouse in Sidney BC. The boathouse is well equipped and located, it could be purchased with the boat. The cost of the boathouse is $99,800 CDN.
- Bow thruster, galley improvements done Mar/96
- Forward stateroom built in winter 97/98 by Canoe Cove Manufacturing
- Master stateroom improvements done Mar/00
- New anchor, pulpit, bow railing, box completed Feb/02
- New wipers, radio, wind instrument, valance, ceiling, lighting & carpet completed Feb/04
Bridge improvements by Canoe Cove Mfg, new canvas by Coyote Canvas done winter 05/06
- New back door assembly, rub rail by Canoe Cove Mfg. Nov/08.
- V-drives replaced by Canoe Cove Mfg. Aug/09
- Boathouse curtain replaced Nov/10
- House batteries replaced Nov/11, Aug/16
- Port transmission rebuilt Dec/12
- New diesel heaters for staterooms and salon by Canoe Cove Mfg. Jan/Feb/13
- Starboard transmission rebuilt Nov/13
- New skylight and skyscreen Apr/14
- Dehumidifier new Nov/14
- Sliding windows re-channelled Dec/14
- Porthole windows replaced Dec/14
- Water pump replaced Dec/14, July/16
- Dishwasher and Inverter replaced July, Aug/15
- Major electrical upgrade by Anchor Marine in 2017
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Canadian vessels are for sale while located in Canada and are not for sale while located in the USA. Foreign registered vessels are not for sale while located in Canada.