Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Rosneath, Argyll and Bute, United Kingdom (Ashore at Silvers Marine)|
|Tax Status||Tax Not Applicable|
|LOA||39 ft 4 in|
|Beam||12 ft 4 in|
|Max Draft||5 ft 5 in|
|Min. Draft||5 ft 5 in|
|Cabin Headroom||6 ft 3 in|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||6500|
|Fuel Tanks||2 x 500 liters (Steel)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||1 x 1000 liters (Steel)|
"Pescadou" is a lovely Dutch Trawler Yacht style / Motorsailer built-in steel by Van D. Vlis, Harlingen in Holland. She has a purposeful steel hull and is a Ketch rigged cutter. Full of character, looked after and much loved but must now be sold due to failing health. GO ANYWHERE, literally, and you will arrive!
More photos will follow in the coming weeks.
A solid Dutch steel motorsailer built in Harlingen, Holland 1965 and launched in 1971.
She has proven seaworthiness in her present 12 years ownership she has covered approx 10,000 miles.
She has a very reliable resilient Gardner 4LW diesel engine. She is equipped for extended living on board and can easily be handled by two but offers enough accommodation for four.
She has an extensive range with tank capacities of 1000 litres of fuel and 1000 litres of water. She also has a central heating system.
Being Dutch in her design the rig can easily be lowered facilitating touring of waterways .
Her sale is due to the advancing age of her present owners. Pescadou is in her forth owner ship, From Holland to Norway in her second ownership and now the present are Canadians who have largely kept her on the West Coast of Scotland.
She was stripped to a bare hull surveyed and repainted 2013.
- LOA - 12.00 m approx
- LOD - 11.75 m approx.
- Beam - 3.75 m approx.
- Draft - 1.65 m approx
- Displacement - 17000 kg approx.
- Ballast - 6000 kg approx.
Hull, Deck and Keel
Taken from her June 2006 survey which is the most recent.
Of Carvel construction in welded steel, rounded canoe stern, angled forefoot and deep bullworks. The forward and aft cabin top are steel with a large Teak wheelhouse between.
The hull plating was reported to be of 5mm overlapped broad galvanised steel plate, the keel sections of 6mm plate, the superstructure of 3mm plate and the deck of 4mm, covered with 20mm caulked Teak planks, bedded on pitch and screw fastened from below.
- The topsides are white with a deep top stripe in black and a green fender rope.
- The wheelhouse structure is varnished Teak
- Substantial Teak laid deck.
- Full traditional keel with keel supported rudder.
- Hydraulic wheel steering.
- The 3 blade propeller is well protected, housed between the keel and rudder.
Interior and Accommodation
- Fitted in Oak, exhibiting fine crafts manship and a home from home feel.
- LED & Halogen lighting.
- Sony CD/Radio.
- Headroom below 1.90m approx.
- All berths are 1.90m approx in length.
From the pilothouse going forward accessed via short flight of steps is the main saloon with “U” shaped seating and a dining table which can convert into a double berth.
On the port side is the galley with a full hanging locker.
- Cookmate 3100 alcohol two burner stove.
- Dickinson diesel stove with 2 hot plates (not in use).
- 24/240 AC Engel domestic fridge.
- Custom 24v Danfos fridge with air cooled compressor in the pilothouse.
- Single sink with whale gusher pump ( electric). Cold water only.
To starboard is the ships heads with shower.
- RhienStrom manual marine flushing toilet.
The foreward cabin has a double berth and forward of the bulkhead is the chain and storage locker which is accessed from the deck.
Steps aft of wheelhouse lead down to an aft cabin with two single berths.double berth.
- Kolibri 3.1m Inflatable dinghy. 2011
- Torqueedo 1300 (3hp) electric outboard. 2011
- Stainless steel davits.
- Stainless steel & Wood passarelle.
- Stainless steel boarading ladder.
- Lofrans Tiger 24v 1500 watt anchor windlass with warping drum.
- 32kg Danforth anchor with 100m 1/2 inch chain.
- 32kg Fisherman anchor with 75m 22mm rope.
- 12kg Danforth stern anchor.
- 2 x mooring bollards foreward.
- 2 x mooring bollards amidships.
- 4 x mooring bollards aft.
- 3 x 30mx22mm Nylon warps.
- 2 x 75mx22mm Poly Prop warps.
- 4 x 18mx18mm Poly Prop warps.
- 6 x 30mm diameter black fenders.
- 2 x 20mm Blue/White fenders.
- Simrad RS35 VHF - 2015.
- ICOM ICM 34 handheld VHF - 2015.
- Furuno GP36 GPS - 2000.
- Simrad 3G radar - 2012.
- Simrad NSS 12 chart plotter - 2012.
- Simrad CX33E chart plotter - 2009.
- TackTick T033 wind direction/speed - 2010.
- Ratheon Echosounder - 2000.
- Simrad A12 autopilot with Simrad AP24 control unit - 2012.
- Simrad fluxgate compass - 2012.
- Original binnacle mounted magnetic compass - 1965.
Rig and Sails
- Ketch rigged cutter.
- Sitka Spruce Main and Mizzen masts.
- 8mm Stainless steel standing rigging last reported as changed in 2000.
- Dacron mainsail by United Sail Works, St. Johns, Newfoundland - 2009
- Dacron Mizzen - 2000.
- Dacron Jib - 2000
- Dacron Genoa - 2000
- Dacron Genoa - 2011
Machinery and Propulsion
65hp Gardner 4LW 4 cylinder diesel engine fitted in 1972. Shaft drive to fixed 24" 3 blade bronze prop. Gardner 2UC reduction gearbox and Gardner single lever engine control.
- Last service 2018 - Laid up since.
- Approx 6500 engine hours.
- Range approx 1700nm
- 3.5Kwatt Mastervolt Wisperjet (Kabota diesel engine).
- Approx 540 hours.
Systems and Tankage
- Eberspacher diesel fired warm air central heating to all cabins.
- Pressurised cold water system plumbed to Galley, Heads and aft cabin.
- Secondary fresh water system plumbed to galley.
- Single steel water tank -1000L.
- 2 x steel fuel tanks - 500L each.
- 2 x VARTA 12v 220amp Deep Cycle domestic batteries - 2018.
- 2 c 12v 200amp engine batteries - 2015.
- 80amp engine alternator.
- 240v battery charger - 2011.
- Balmar's Smartguage batter monitor.
- Struder AJ2000 24/220v invertor.
- Green Foredeck shade cover.
- Mainsail cover.
“The safety equipment listed below may not be serviced up to date at the point of sale and is sold “as is””
- ALERT2 MOB system - 2011.
- 4000gph Rule 24 volt with Water Witch bilge pump switch and Rule 3 way switch and light panel.
- Fire extinguishers - May be out of service.
- 8 x inflatable life jackets with strobe lights. Out of service.
- 3 x harness points.
- 1 million candle power search light.
- Navigation lighting.
Assorted Charts -
- North Eastern Med
- Black Sea
- Canals of Europe and Danube
- West coast of Europe - Channel Islands to Norway and Baltic.
- West Coast of UK, Scotland and Ireland.
- Assorted pilot books.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.