Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Model||Cape North 43|
|LOA||43 ft 2 in|
|Length at Water Line||35 ft 4 in|
|Beam||12 ft 9 in|
|Max Draft||6 ft 4 in|
|Total Sail Area||895 ft²|
|Headsail Area||510 ft²|
|Mainsail Area||385 ft²|
|Max Bridge Clearance||58 ft|
|Cabin Headroom||6 ft 5 in|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||560|
|Maximum Speed||8 kn @ 2200 RPM|
|Cruising Speed||6 kn @ 1800 RPM|
|Builder||Cape North Yachts|
|Fuel Tanks||3 x 100 gal (Stainless Steel)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||2 x 150 gal (GRP)|
|Holding Tanks||1 x 50 gal|
Bewildered is a Cape North 43 center cockpit cutter rig sloop, built by Cape Yachts of Hong Kong, an adaptation of noted American naval architect Ted Brewer’s successful Black Velvet design. She has a 3/4 keel with the ‘Brewer Bite’ cutout, one of Brewer’s signature design features. It was a clever way of adding some of the windward sailing advantage of a fin keel boat to a cruising boat’s full keel. At the same time, the “Brewer Bite” offers protection for the prop — an important feature for a cruising boat — just as you would see in a full keel design. With this design, Brewer created a very comfortable and dry sailing hull.
The yacht is of a scantling rarely found in popular production yachts today considered Mono Construction with a full glassed hull to deck joint.
Throughout the boat but particularly below decks, the craftsmanship is more indicative of a custom-built yacht and very expensive to recreate, today. The interior is finished in varnished teak and pastel colours that is expertly fitted. The full headroom main cabin is spacious and well-appointed offering comfortable seating for six . The cabinets have teak framed with opening Teak panels and Seashores cut-outs. With windows, companion ways and eleven(11) opening ports plus three(3) overhead hatches (Two(2) added by current owner) the open cabin design allows ample light and ventilation throughout.
The yacht has been refitted over the current ownership which included sealing interior hull structure with epoxy, external osmosis protection system. Interior changes in the main salon, galley, passageway and after head compartment.
Aft of the main cabin is an efficient galley centred on a three burner Force 10 stove. The galley is fully outfitted to accommodate every day demands and almost any entertainment need. There is an 12v Frigo-boat top loading cold box.
Forecabin: 2 single Vberths which convert to double, access to chain locker, stowage outboard to port and starboard, stowage under berths, hanging locker aft to starboard
Light and ventilation by large opening deck hatch.
Doorway leads to short passageway with Forward Head to port with timber vanity with round stainless-steel sink in Corian by Dupont or similar counter top with pressure hot and cold water, manual fresh water, storage outboard and under. Jabsco marine head unit discharged overboard.
Light and ventilation provided by opening portlight
Hanging locker opposite
Maincabin: Starboard- a straight settee with storage under Storage outboard and Dickinson Newport diesel cabin heater.
Port- Lshaped settee, storage and air-conditioning under, with fixed custom Teak Table with cupboards under plus custom-built storage outboard and behind settee. Large custom mirror on forward bulkhead
Galley: Aft to port is the Ushaped galley with gimballed three(3) burner Force 10 cooker gas cooker outboard with grill and oven, large counter area forward with storage and drawers under and custom-made cupboard and dish stowage above. Custom spice rack noted.
Microwave and storage located outboard.
Aft in the galley is a composite double sink with pressure hot and cold water plus manual fresh and seawater supply set in counter top of Corian by Dupont or similar. Stowage under. Outboard of the sink is a top-loading cold box.
Navigation Area: Opposite the galley aft to port is the navigation area with Magellan DX5000GPS, Standard VHF, Kenwood shortwave radio, access from a chart table with seat.
Stowage and chart stowage under. Stowage under the seat.
Navigation books found forward of chart table and outboard.
Outboard is found the electrical controls, distribution and breakers for 12V, 110V & 220V systems.
Light and ventilation provided by five(5) opening portlights, opening deck hatch, two(2) fixed windows(new lenses 2017), two(2) deck vents and companionway.
Aft Passageway: The aft passageway leads to the aftcabin with counter outboard with water and diesel tanks under. Stowage above and outboard. Inboard is found the main access to the engineroom.
Aftcabin: The aft cabin is fitted with a double berth aft to Port with storage and steering locker under. To starboard is a counter top area with storage under and access to steering components and auto-pilot computer. Forward to starboard are drawers and large hanging locker. The companionway stairs have been removed to allow more comfortable use of the floor(cabinsole area) and the bulkhead under the companionway utilised to store Teak swimladder which allows the companionway to be used as an emergency exit.
Light and ventilation provided by companionway, opening deck hatch and three(3) opening portlights.
Afthead: Locate forward to port in the aftcabin. During the refit the afthead was re-designed to a degree with new counter tops, sink utilizing Corian by Dupont or similar with hot and cold pressure water with shower facility and manual fresh water supply now located outboard and marine head moved inboard aft. The Jabsco manual marine head is discharged overboard or to holding tank.
Light and ventilation provided by a single opening portlight and deck vent.
The following sails on board:-
- Q Sails 120% Genoa – 1992, 6oz American Furling, good condition.
- A Lam Mainsail,8oz American triple stitched, triple reefs, 1994, excellent condition
- A Lam Yankee, 8oz American near new , triple stitched, furling, 1994- First use May 2017
- A Lam Staysail, 8oz American, near new, triple stitched, 1994. First use May 2017
- A Lam Storm Jib, 8oz American, new unused, 1994
- A Lam Cruising Shute, 1100 sq. ft., new unused, 1994. Used once.
The following Equipment aboard:-
- Avon Redcrest Dinghy – S/N AVB 13704M83H-A
- Avon R280 Rover – S/N AVB 17036 F 191 - 1999
- Suzuki 4HP outboard – S/N 0201 232 696 – 1999
- Frigoboat 12V water-cooled refrigeration
- Navitech – CDT-4600 – DVD/Radio Player
- Force 10 3 burner gas cooker with grill and oven
- Professional Mariner 50Amp Battery charger
- Two(2) 125watt Turkish built Solar Panels
- One(1) 50watt Solar Panels by AstroPower, USA
- One(1) 80watt Solar Panels new 2018
- Schatz 6 inch clock and barometer.
- Oil hanging lamp
- Two(2) custom sun awnings to cover the complete yacht
- One(1) Winter cockpit cover.
- One(1) Spray Dodger with aft awning and side curtains(screens)
- Dickinson Newport Diesel cabin heater
- 9000BTU marine air-conditioner
- Goldstar Microwave
- Custom passerelle/swimladder
- Teak swim/boarding ladder
- Two(2) Hella Fans
- Goldmaster vacuum, new 2017
- SEG 22 inch LED TV, new 2016
- HP Pavilion DV6 Navigation Computer
- Epson L-130 inkjet colour printer
- Kenwood TS-430S HF Transceiver
- Icom AT-120 Antenna tuner
- Electrical woodworking tools, skill saw, router etc,
- Electrical maintenance and engineering tools, drills, socket sets, hand tools etc
- Force 10 Gas Barbecue.
The following Navigation Equipment aboard:-
- Sestrel Major with copper body binnacle compass
- Sestrel handbearing compass
- Plastimo Iris 50 hand bearing compass
- Cook Brass Sextant
- Freiberger full mirror marine Sextant
- Walker Mk III Trailing Log
- Stowe Navigator Speed Log
- Walker Electronic Wind Instruments
- B & G Hecta 6 Depthsounder with remote meter
- B & G Hecta 12, 200m digital depthsounder
- Standard VHF with telephone handset
- Magellan DX5000GPS
- Paper charts from Turkey to San Francisco
- World electronic/digital charts
- Navigation books, tables and guides including Pub. 229
- Nautical Almanac to 2050
- Navigation Computer
Fully Equipped Yacht for Liveabaord and cruising - Re-built and Custom
Hull and Deck are Mono Construction (Fully Glassed)
Three(3) electrical systems - 12V 110V & 240V All new electrical panels, Tinned wiring,
Sails near New Condition
Engine rebuilt, new sterngland system.
All Plumbing updated, new hotwater tank galley sink afthead sink and more.
Electronic Navigation, Computer, Extensive paper charts, 2 sextants, 2 GPS systems
Interior Customised with new table, cupboards etc.
Interior finished with solid TEAK, Teak Veneers and light paint systems
New Deck hatches fitted during rebuild including two(2) additional deck hatches.
All receipts and info on board.
Survey availble with full details
Original Build Contract and details on board
Electronic Auto-Piloy and Aries Windvabe steering plus spares
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.