Presented For Sale By:
|Model||Sou'wester 50 Stoway Yawl|
|LOA||50 ft 8 in|
|Length at Water Line||36 ft 5 in|
|Max Draft||10 ft|
|Min. Draft||5 ft 6 in|
|Engine Make||Ford Lehman|
|Engine Model||135 6-cylinder FWC|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||2700|
|Fuel Tanks||220 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||150 gal|
|Holding Tanks||20 gal|
GRACE is an exceptional yacht. She is beautifully maintained, continuously updated, and well cared for by her current and previous owners. GRACE is a Stoway-rigged yawl with the 'B' layout plan that sleeps 6 owners and guests in three staterooms and includes two heads. She is used seasonally in New England waters and stored indoors every Winter. Under current ownership she has received remarkable care, including the following upgrades over the last five years:
- Hull Awlgripped Forest Green
- Decks painted
- Masts painted
- New Bow Thruster
- New Electronics
- New Water Maker
- New Sails
- New Standing Rigging, to name a few
Please view Full Specs for a more complete list of recent upgrades and maintenance items performed.
This is a terrific opportunity to acquire what is likely the nicest Sou'wester 50 you will ever see.
GRACE has the Sou'wester 50 "B" accommodation plan and sleeps 6 owners and guests in three staterooms and includes two heads.
The interior is finished in satin varnished Ash bulkheads and panels with varnished teak trim. The cabin sole is solid teak & holly throughout - no veneers. All hanging lockers are lined with cedar, and include overhead lighting, and a fire extinguisher (inspected annually).
Lighting and ventilation is provided by 4 opening deck hatches (all with Indian Birch Top Gun covers), 2 opening port lights and 6 fixed port lights. Five chromed cowl vents provide ventilation throughout. 12V Lighting converted to LED with the exception of two dimming lights over the nav station. Two oil lamps, Multiple bulkhead mounted ship's clocks, barometer, and a Weems & Plath comfort meter. Artwork stays with the boat.
Heating and cooling provided by two reverse-cycle Heat/AC units, servicing all cabins.
All births have custom fitted cotton sheets.
GUEST STATEROOM - Forward
- Sleeps 2
- Forward V-berth arrangement - V-berth insert with matching fabric & trim makes a large double berth.
- Custom fitted sheets
- Shares head with the Owner’s Stateroom.
- Port and starboard outboard shelf storage.
- Drawers under berths.
- Overhead hatch with screen + blackout-cover and Indian Birch Top-Gun cover.
- Cushioned seat between berths.
- Access door to anchor locker.
- Hanging locker - aft to starboard.
- Reading lights on bulkhead.
- Air Conditioning controls.
- 110-volt outlet.
- Overhead dome lights.
- AC/heat outlet vent.
PORT HEAD - to Port (aft of V-berth)
- Shares with Guest staterooms and Master stateroom.
- Vacuflush toilet with tank watch, plumbed to holding tank with option for overboard discharge via Y-valve.
- Sink and vanity.
- Cabinet under sink.
- Hand-held shower.
- Dedicated shower sump
- Teak floor grate.
- 12-volt lighting.
- 110-volt outlet
- Deck prism natural lighting.
- Cowl vent above for ventilation
- Counter-top storage.
- Outboard storage lockers.
- Shower sump pump.
- Medicine cabinet with Mirror.
MASTER STATEROOM -to port:
- Pullman style double berth with lee cloth.
- Upholstered in Pierre Frey "Monaco" #2318 blue rib fabric with green piping
- Custom fitted sheets
- Shares head with Forward Guest Cabin.
- Hanging locker, lined with cedar, with overhead lighting and a fire extinguisher
- Under-bunk drawers.
- Reading lights - bulkhead mounted.
- Shelf above and outboard berth.
- AC/heat outlet vent.
- 110-volt outlet.
- Fixed window port.
- Overhead dome light.
- Overhead hatch with screen + blackout covers and Indian Birch Top Gun cover.
- Weems & Plath clock.
STARBOARD GUEST CABIN #2 - Opposite Master to starboard
- Twin berths - upper and lower, with lee clothes
- Upholstered in Pierre Frey "Monaco" #2318 green rib fabric with blue piping & assorted throw pillows.
- Custom fitted sheets.
- Sliding door storage lockers outboard.
- Hanging locker forward, cedar lined, with overhead lighting and fire extinguisher
- Reading lights bulkhead mounted.
- Separate door entry to Head.
- AC/heat outlet vent.
- Overhead dome light.
- Overhead hatch with screen + blackout covers and Indian Birch Top-Gun cover.
GUEST HEAD – Aft of Guest Cabin, to starboard
- Manual Raritan marine toilet (2017) with an intake switch to flush with fresh or sea water. Plumbed to a holding tank but can also pump overboard via Y-valve for offshore use.
- Hand-held shower.
- Dedicated shower sump.
- Stainless steel sink.
- Storage locker under sink.
- Sliding door storage lockers outboard and above marine Head.
- Lower cabinet storage outboard.
- Countertop storage compartment.
- Towel holder
- Medicine cabinet w/mirror.
- Opening window port.
- 12-volt lighting.
- 110-volt outlet
- MAIN SALON is to port.
- Large L-shaped settee and dining table.
- Upholstered in a Navy Ultrasuede w/green piping & assorted throw pillows.
- Fixed window ports - (3) port and (2) starboard.
- Air-conditioning controls.
- 110-volt outlets.
- Clock, Barometer & Thermometer - mounted on forward bulkhead.
- Reading lamps forward.
- Outboard sliding door lockers.
- Dry storage under and behind settee.
- Access to manual worm gear centerboard lift.
- Air-conditioning units - 12,000 btu and 5,000 btu - under settee seat (Heat & AC).
NAVIGATION STATION (Aft of Main Salon to port of companionway):
- L-shaped varnished ash navigation desk.
- Flush-mounted electronics.
- Swivel chair, upholstered in blue Ultrasuede.
- Opening desktop for chart storage.
- Overhead glass rack on aft bulkhead.
- 12-volt dome light,with red & white lighting.
- Small dimmable area lights
- Sliding door-faced locker aft and below desktop.
GALLEY: Along starboard side of the Main Cabin
- White Formica counter tops.
- Double stainless steel sink.
- 3-burner stainless steel (type 316) Shipmate propane stove - gimballed with oven and stove countertop cover.
- Stainless steel sea rail at stove.
- Grunert 12-volt refrigerator and freezer top-loading.
- Built-in GE microwave oven.
- Dish, cup and glass racks.
- 110-volt outlet.
- Sliding door-faced lockers outboard and above countertop.
- Storage locker - under sink.
- Pan storage - under oven.
- Dome lights - over refrigeration, sink and stove, red & white light.
- Large shelved pantry locker - forward of the stove.
- Water filtration system installed 2015 for potable water
- DC & AC switch panels located on aft bulkhead over the ice box.
AFT COMPANIONWAY - to cockpit
- Stairs are hinged and open to access generator.
- Interior lighting in genset compartment.
- Translucent sliding hatch.
- Hand-holds in stair sides.
- Varnished drop-in hatch boards.
- Set of varnished drop-in hatch screens.
- Custom wooden binocular holder (interior of companionway to starboard).
Electronics & Navigation Equipment
Full set of Garmin Nav Instrument displays over the Companionway (installed 2015) :
- Boat Speed,
- COG & Heading,
- Apparent Wind angle, direction & speed,
- True Wind angle, direction & speed
Raymarine ST6001+ Belowdecks Autopilot with remote
Raymarine ST60 Rudder Angle display
Garmin GPSmap 5208 chartplotter in a custom stainless steel instrument pod mounted at the helm, that can swivel 180 degrees to allow viewing of the screen while seated under the dodger facing aft. Brilliant!
Garmin Radar mounted on mizzen mast
Icom VHF remote Mic
Ritchie binnacle compass
Lev-o-Gage heel indicator
Control panel for Side Power Bow Thruster
Masthead Windex indicator
- Garmin GPSmap 1212 chartplotter, master unit (2015)
- Garmin MFD repeater for wind direction, angle & speed, depth and speed (2015)
- Icom IC-M506 VHF radio (2015)
- Icom AIS transponder (2015) w/ toggle switch for Transmit or Silent modes
- XM Skyfi radio
- Digital Thermometer/Barometer/Humidity display
- Davis compass mounted in Main Salon on top of the centerboard hoist box
- Custom teak box with number spindles for manually specifying compass course at watch changes. Brilliant!
- Lev-o-Gage on centerboard box.
- (2) Air Horns mounted on mizzen mast
- All Nav lights replaced or converted to LED, including masthead Tri-color light
Electrical System & Equipment
12-VOLT DC System:
- 12-Volt dedicated starting batteries for both main engine and ONAN diesel generator (2017)
- 2 x 8D 550-amp Lifeline AGM house batteries (2014)
- 2 x 105-amp alternator on the Ford Lehman engine for house and engine batteries.
- GoPower 3000 HD Inverter installed 2018
- 80 amp Charles Automatic Battery charger
- Battery parallel switch
- Battery condition gauge
120-VOLT AC System:
- Shorepower inlets for both 30-amp and 50-amp service.
- Spectra Catalina 340Z 14gph water maker (2017)
- Air-conditioning units - 12,000 btu and 5,000 btu - under settee seat (Heat & AC)
- Fusion MS-RA70N bluetooth sound system with 2 cabin speakers & 2 cockpit speakers
- 2-CMD-4MR carbon monoxide detectors (2014)
- Bilge pump cycling log (2014)
- TV antenna installed on mizzen mast 2016, (no TV included)
- 1988 Ford Lehman 6-cylinder FWC inboard diesel, 2734 hours (9/20)
- Engine thoroughly cleaned and detailed 2014
- Cooling system overhauled 2014
- Max Prop
- 8-kw Onan Diesel Generator (1085 hours) - with dedicated Racor fuel filter
- High capacity manual Whale Gusher Pump in Main Cabin
Hull & Deck
Solid, hand-laid fiberglass hull and deck reinforced in all high stress areas with fiberglass stem and longitudinal stiffeners. The deck is set in a 6" flange and then fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull to deck joint. No coring in the deck.
- Keel: 10,500-lbs lead, fastened externally with stainless steel bolts.
- Centerboard: 500-lb. cast bronze foil-shaped, that stores in the keel and has a hand-crank worm-gear lift centerboard control.
- Stainless steel capped rub rail.
- Forest Green topsides Awlgripped 2016, and Matterhorn White single boot top (2016)
- Bottom stripped and barrier coated, 2016
- Petit Vivid White bottom paint
- Oyster White deck and house - with Moondust non-skid awlgripped 2016
- Stainless bow pulpit.
- Varnished teak toe rails.
- Varnished teak shroud rollers
- Varnished teak hatch frames
- Varnished handrails on cabin top port and starboard with Toast Sunbrella covers
- Varnished teak ensign staff
- Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines (new) and gates port and starboard
- Stainless steel handrails over dorade cowls
- Two (2) deck top-opening hatches with varnished frames and translucent white plexiglass
- (3) Two-way opening deck hatches
- (5) SST Cowl vents on teak dorade boxes with Indian Birth Top-gun canvas covers
- Deck prism forward
- Fresh water deck washdown
- Isolated LPG locker with Indian Birch Top-Gun cover
- Teak hatch cover to insulated deck icebox with Indian Birch Top-Gun cover
- Teak hatch cover to dual Steel #10 LP tanks with Indian Birch Top-Gun cover
Sails & Rigging
- Main mast - Hood Stoway aluminum extrusion with electric drive and manual override. New Schaefer mast furler & swivel (2018). Mast repainted white in 2015. All new mast wiring in 2015.
- Masthead rig, single spreader design.
- Boom is aluminum extrusion designed for use with the Stoway system (painted white 2015)
- Mizzen mast (2002) - is a manually operated Hood Stoway extrusion with white paint finish (2015). All wiring replaced 2015.
- Mizzen boom - is painted aluminum extrusion for use with Stoway system, repainted 2015.
- Standing rigging is 1 x 19 s/s wire with swaged terminals (2018).
- Harken jib furler.
- Harken track (2001) and mainsheet traveler system (2017)
- Carbon spinnaker pole (2017) with custom canvas cover, mast mounts.
- Low profile spinnaker pole track installed on main mast (2015)
- All running rigging replaced since 2015
- 2 Spinlock double clutches for traveler, mainsheet & main
furler/outhaul (2018) on port deckhouse
- 2 Spinlock jam cleats on main mast (2016)
- #35 Barient 2-speed self-tailing primaries.
- #28 Barient 2-speed self-tailing electric secondaries.
- #44 Lewmar self-tailing main sheet - cabin top.
- #22 Barient 2-speed port mast lower.
- #30A Lewmar ST winch on port mast (2017)
- Anderson ST 2-speed starboard mast halyard winch (2018)
- Hydranet Main sail – Downs Sails (2017)
- Hydranet Mizzen sail - Downs Sails (2015)
- High Clew Jib - Downs Sails (2017)
- Mizzen Staysail - Sperry Sails (2019)
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker with sock (blue and white)
- Spare sails (main &135 genoa)
- Double stainless bow roller stemhead fitting
- Suncor 60lb. Stainless Steel Plowmaster anchor
- 250' 3/8" chain with depth markings painted 2016
- Ideal electric windlass with chain and rope gypsy and up/down foot switches on deck. Windlass was rebuilt and re-chromed 2018 along with hause pipes
- (2) Danforth style anchors, one collapsable, the other with varnished teak deck mounts
- Salt water washdown fitting on foredeck
- New Dodger 2017: Indian Birch Top-Gun with leather covered Aft handrail.
- Top Gun Cockpit awning 2017
- Toast Sunbrella wheel cover & pedestal cover
- Cockpit cushions
- Teak cockpit sole.
- (4) Winch handle pockets in coaming.
- Port and starboard seat lockers - with gasketed hatches and self-draining set scuppers.
- Locking seat lockers.
- Yacht Specialties pedestal wheel-steering:
- Destroyer wheel covered in elkhide with brake.
- Ritchie compass with stainless cover.
- Varnished folding cockpit table.
- Electric main roller-furling controls in cockpit.
- Engine instrument panel.
- Sidepower bow thruster control in cockpit (2018)
- Cockpit shower system (2018)
- (2) Horseshoe life buoys on stern pulpit
- Lifesling MOB module on stern rail
- Water activated rescue light
- Forespar MOB pole on port aft deck
- Emergency boarding ladders port & starboard quarters
- Custom-fabricated Aluminum Emergency Tiller
- Several Fire Extinguishers, inspected & certified annually
- Fire Blanket
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- SidePower Bow Thruster (2018)
- Magna gas grill 2016 (with custom rail mounted canister for 1lb tanks)
- Stainless swim ladder with teak steps, mounts to jib track, mid-ships
- F/W washdown fitting located mid-ships starboard side
- 5 fleece-covered Fenders & several dock lines
- Nikon Binoculars w/ compass
- Custom Hinckley drinking glasses
o Plumb S head to forward holding tank w/lockout valve.
o Plumb P head for overboard discharge option.
o Rewire electrical system to spec.
o Replace circuit breaker on AC system to single pole.
o Replace 2 shore power breakers w/ELCI breakers.
o Rewire 2 existing battery switches.
o Clean up DC distribution system panel.
o Install additional 8D Lifeline battery to house bank.
o Install bilge pump cycling log.
o Install generator remote panel control & rewire to generator.
o Install 2-CMD-4MR carbon monoxide detectors.
o Replace AC volt and amp meters.
o Replace salt water wash down pump.
o Replace fuel and water tank gauges.
o Disassemble, repair, prep, and paint all spars/booms.
o Replace spar wiring.
o Install new LED masthead TriColor.
o Install low profile spinnaker pole track on mainmast.
o Veneer and varnish nav station electronics facials.
o Fabricate and install SS electronics pod on helm station.
o Install house fresh water filter system after manifold for potables.
o Install locker door braces for ventilation.
o Install new masthead Windex.
o Install fresh H2O flush option in S head.
o Replace mizzenmast cockpit light with LED.
o Replace fresh water fill hose from deck.
o Convert nav lighting to LED.
o Convert mast running lights to LED.
o Upgrade Propane system w/alarms and solenoids.
o Install 2 flag halyard blocks on mizzen mast.
o Install2 Spinlock jam cleats on main mast.
o Convert salon & galley lighting to LED.
o Fabricate new Sunbrella covers for helm station.
o Fabricate new Hydranet sail for mizzen.
o Install new Garmin Radar/GPS package with remote pods.
o Install new Icom AIS transmitting/receiving VHF radio w/remote mic.
o Install new Garmin wireless Autohelm remote control.
o Strip and prep bottom for change in bottom paint.
o Paint topsides with Forest Green Awlgrip.
o Paint boot top with Awlgrip Matterhorn White.
o Repaint deck nonskid w/ Moon Dust non skid areas on deck.
o Replace sanitation hoses.
o Install SS protective bar on electrical pantbel in galley.
o Install SS bar in Stb head for wet locker.
o Fabricate & install teak Dorade box over Port head.
o Re-inspect, dismantle, repair, rebuild & paint Windlass gear box.
o Replace Stb head fresh water solenoid.
o Replace stern nav light bulb with LED.
o Replace all deck turnbuckle rubber boots.
o Paint anchor chain for depth markings.
o Install FRP tubes for traveler.
o Replace engine & generator starting batteries.
o Fabricate & install 2 additional Dorade boxes w/cowl vents for salon
o Replace gaskets on all 3 deck hatches
o Fabricate stove counter locking device
o Install padeyes for stove harness
o Refasten v berth handrails
o Fabricate shelf in port lazarette
o Install Lewmar 30A ST winch on mast
o Fabricate lightweight emergency tiller
o Install new LED red/white dome light over nav table
o Replace raw water generator intake hose
o Replace starboard head shower/faucet
o Fabricate 6 foot fender board
o Fabricate 3 dorade box Sunbrella covers
o Prep and apply 2 coats varnish
o Order new Hydranet Main and high clew jib from Downs Sails
o Install Jabsco fresh water accumulator pump
o Install new spinnaker pole deck bracket
o Source new Carbon spinnaker pole
o Replace starboard head toilet w/ Raritan
o Install winch holder on mast
o New jib, spinnaker halyards. Install new pole topping lift
o Source & install new Spectra Watermaker
o Source & install new bow thruster
o Install new electric main furler box
o Replace & install new Schaefer main mast furler & swivel
o Replace main & mizzen standing wire rigging
o Remove & replace main mast halyard winch with Anderson ST with line clutch
o Replace Main halyard, topping lift, & mizzen topping lift
o Fabricate & replace Monel exhaust riser from Deangello Marine
o Service all seacocks
o Replace A/C sea strainer with Groco 750
o Clean bilge, inspect for leakage
o Clean Genset heat exchanger
o Replace Genset circulator pump, Thermostat and coolant
o Replace Genset raw water pump
o Replace faulty Genset glow plug relay
o Replace Genset belt
o Install cockpit shower system
o Impellors, fuel lines ,filters, belts, etc.
o Install Inverter, replace rotary selector
o Varnish Shroud rollers, etc..
o Strip and finish toe rail, cockpit coming, hand rails, etc..
o Fabricate & Install Top Gun covers for 2 large Dorades, & 5 hatches
o Install 2 Spinlock double clutches for traveler, mainsheet, & main
o Replace 2 Garhauer jib cars on track
o Remove, rebuild, & rechrome Ideal Windlass, chain hause, and rope
o Install new reversing switch and foot pedal
o New steaming & deck light with cage
o Varnish cockpit, coaming, toe rail and rub rail.
o New Mizzen Staysail built by Sperry Sails.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.