Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Saint Petersburg, Florida|
|Length at Water Line||38 ft 8 in|
|Beam||12 ft 11 in|
|Min. Draft||6 ft 4 in|
|Engine Model||4 - 154M|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Fuel Tanks||100 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||132 gal|
"Drawn for Jack Kelly Yachts by Doug Peterson, the 44 debuted in 1976 as a dedicated cruiser that could sail well in any wind. Today, in many major cruising ports you can find one of the over 200 44's that were originally built. Owners have nothing but praise for the performance achieved by this moderate displacement bluewater design: 180 mile days are not uncommon" - from the KP Website.
The Peterson 44 features a low profile center cockpit that still remains pleasing to the eye and keeps the weight low both physically and visually. The long Fin Keel with cutaway forefoot and afterbody helps to reduce the wetted surface making for good light air performance and provides a shorter turning radius. The full sized molded in Skeg supports the Rudder and provides good protection against groundings. The Propeller is also protected, mounted in an aperture between the Skeg and the Rudder. The Displacement of 30,000 pounds (10,000 of which is encapsulated Lead Ballast) gives the Kelly Peterson 44 an easy motion at sea.
A low profile Center Cockpit yacht, the Kelly Peterson boasts a proven, legendary underbody. Fast and responsive. Luna is a fine sailing yacht built with the classic minded cruising yachtsman in mind. Her solid underbody with a skeg hung rudder and protected folding prop help to provide security while passage making which is not always found in many of today's yacht designs. Clean decks and New Standing Rigging, Impressive storage below decks and well thought out access to pumps and systems are solid reasons to keep the KP44 on your short list of capable cruising yachts under $100,000.
Luna has received many improvements and updates as well as care over her lifetime. Please see the extensive list dating the work that has been done since 2005 under 'Improvements and Updates'.
This thoughtfully designed center cockpit yacht offers two separate staterooms, two marine heads and a good sized galley overlooking the salon and navigation area.
Entering the main salon the Galley is to port. Opposite is the forward facing Navigation Station. A Large U-shaped Dinette is just forward of the Galley with seating to starboard.
Forward of the main salon is the Day Head which can also be accessed privately from the forward stateroom. The Forward stateroom has drawers for clothing as well as a hanging locker. The chain and anchor locker can also be accessed from the forward stateroom.
The Salon is well designed with a comfortable U shaped Dinette to port and Long Bench Settee to Starboard. Both the Settee and Dinette can be converted to into berths. The settee has a Lee cloth as well. Storage is excellent which in keeping with this respected offshore design. Large overhead Hatches and Opening ports let in plenty of natural breeze and light.
Aft of the salon on the starboard side is a passageway to the aft Stateroom. The passageway is fitted with a storage space and lockers. There is good access to the engine and machinery space.
The Aft Stateroom features a private Head / Shower . A second companionway from the aft stateroom leads to the cockpit.
The Galley makes good use of counter top space. There are plenty of cabinets for storage as well.
- 12 V Technautics Cool Blue Refrigeration with Holding Plate Freezer
- 4 Burner Propane Stove with Oven and Pot Holders
- Hot and Cold Pressure Fresh Water
- Raw Water and Fresh Water systems
- Stainless Steel Sink
- Storage for Pots and Pans and Food Stuffs
- New Garmin Chart Plotter
- Garmin 24w Radar Dome
- Tack Tick Wind and NEMA interface w/ repeater
- Raymarine GPS
- Raymarine Auto Pilot 6001 with Hydraulic Ram Drive which can also function as an emergency tiller
- Standard VHF Radio with RAM Mic in Cockpit
- ICOM M802 - @ Nav Station
Machinery and Electrical
- Borg Warner Velvet Drive Transmission AS2-71C with 1.52:1 Reduction
- 4 x 8D Trojan AGM Batteries (12/2017)
- New Honda Generator with less than 20 hours
- New 20 GPH Water Maker (12/2017)
- Max Propeller (Rebuilt 2017)
- New Cutlass Bearing (2018)
- 100 Amp Balmar Alternator and Regulator
- Air X Wind Generator
- 4 x Solar Panels (220 Watts Total)
- Blue Sky Solar Charge Controller
- Xantrex 40 Amp Multi Stage Battery Charger
- 6 x Turbo Fans
- 110V and 12 V Panels (Rewired)
- 4 x GFI Receptacles
- Running and Anchor Lights are LED
- Galvanic Isolator and Zinc Saver
- 30 Amp Shore Power Cable
Deck and Hull
- No Teak Decks. The only teak is in the cockpit area.
- Dual Life Lines with Stainless Steel Stanchions (2 midships gates)
- Teak Hand Rails and Trim
- Swim Ladder on Stern Pulpit
- Hard Bottom Walker Bay 10' Dinghy with Inflatable Hypolon Tubes
- Dinghy Davits and Dinghy Motor Mount
- Outboard Motor with Cover
- Mast Spreader Flood Lights
- Mast Head VHF Antennae
- 2 x GPS Antennas
- 2 x Rod Holders
- 60 lb CQR with 200' of 3/8" Chain
- All Deck Hatches are Bowmar and were replaced in 2002
Sails and Rigging
- New Standing Rigging i(2017)
- All Chain Plates Re Bedded (2017)
- Mast Pulpit Re Bedded (2018)
- Main Sail Service and Re Worked (2017)
- Keel Stepped Aluminum Mast with Double Spreaders
- Removable Inner Forestay for Cutter Rig Option
- In Mast Furling Main Sail
- Pro Furl Genoa Furling System
- Forespar Rod Boom Vang
- Running Backstays
- Insulated Back Stay for SSB/Ham Radio
- Spinnaker Pole
- Radar Reflector
- LED Tricolor Light, Strobe Light and LED Anchor Light
- Spreader Lights
- 2 x Primary Self Tailing Lewmar #54 CST Winches on Cockpit Coaming
- 2 x Staysail / Spinnaker Barlow Winches on Cockpit Coaming
- 1 x Mainsail Lewmar #30 CST Self Tailing 2 Speed Winch on Cabin Top
- 1 x Mainsail Lewmar #30 CST Selt Tailing 2 Speed Winch on Mast
- 3 x Halyard Barlow # 25 Winches on Mast
- 2 x Dual Reversing Genoa Blocks on Genoa Track
- Snatch Blocks
- Verical Battened Mainsail UK Sails
- 120% Port Townsend Genoa
- Tri Radial Assymentrical Spinnaker UK Sail with Sock.
- Heavy Duty Hank On Staysail
Improvements and Updates
Luna has recieved care and attention from her owners over the past years. Below is a list of work performed.
- New Hydro Coat Bottom Paint (needs some touch up)
- Re Bed all Chain Plates
- Re Bed Mast Pulpits
- New Cutlass Bearing
- Re Pack Rudder Tube
- Re Build Forward Head
- New 20 GPH Water Maker with spare Filters and Pickling Solution. (Currently Pickled)
- Four New 8D Trojan AGM Batteries
- New Standing Rigging
- Re Worked Mainsail
- New Garmin Chart Plotter
- New Orca Marine LED Masthead Tri Color Light with Strobe
- 12V Technautics Cool Blue Refrigerator and Freezer
- New Refrigerator Compressor
- Garmin 24 mile Radar Dome interfaced with Chart Plotter
- Garmin 4208 GPS/Color Chart Plotter
- In Mast Furling System Re Built
- UK Main Sail with Vertical Battens
- All Deck Hardware Removed and Re Bedded
- Folding Max Prop installed
- New Port and Starboard Fuel Tanks with WEMA Tank Gauge
- Emergency Bilge Pump installed
- Both Heads Replaced
- Replaced Engine Gauges
- 125% Genoa with 2 Reef Points and Foam Luff
- Tri Radial Spinnaker with Sock and Cone
- Tack Tick Wind Instrument
- Dedicated Dyna Plate Grounding for SSB Ham Radio
- Decks Re Painted with 3 Coats of Awlgrip
- Bottom stripped and 5 Coats of Epoxy Barrier Coat applied
- All Deck Hatches replaced
Preferred Yachts offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Preferred Yachts offers this listing on a 50-50 split with corresponding Florida licensed brokerages. Brokers unlicensed in Florida must contact listing broker to make arrangements that comply with Florida law.