Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||New Bern, North Carolina|
|Beam||10 ft 4 in|
|Min. Draft||4 ft 6 in|
|Max Bridge Clearance||45 ft|
|Cabin Headroom||6 ft 2 in|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Fuel Tanks||40 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||70 gal|
|Holding Tanks||15 gal|
One of the best built small cruiser's of all time, The first fiberglass boat to sail around the world, and one of the best hull to deck joints in the industry.
AURORA is a fine passagemaker! AURORA is an Allied Seawind II rigged as a sloop instead of the traditional ketch, hull #124. She was designed by Tom Gilmer of Annapolis, MD, and built at the Allied yard in Catskill, NY in March 1981. She was one of the last Seawinds built and was personally equipped as their show boat by Brax Freeman, owner of the company. The objective was to show prospective buyers that Allied would produce a first class small yacht with quality products. Previously, the Seawinds were regarded as extremely seaworthy, but somewhat spartan and dull below decks. Freeman changed that perception with this model. See for yourself. Call to schedule a private showing. AURORA is sound, reliable and a fine,comfortable sailing boat capable of taking two people anywhere in the world.
If you are looking to do some real offshore cruising put this on your wish-list. The current owner has gone thru this boat and has over built everything he has done so far. All new over-sized rigging, New Awlgrip paint on the hull, the bottom was coated with 6 layers of epoxy and 3 layers of barrier coat and 3 coats of bottom paint. The bow section was epoxied and Kevlar was added for extra protection. All new life lines and all deck hardware was replaced and set in epoxy. All new Thru-hulls. New fuel tank, New Garmin GPS, Monitor Windvane, New Jordon series drogue $2,000. New 12' Para anchor, Switlick liferaft, and a full 18x10 storage unit full of extras click on full specs to see the full list of gear and pictures.. The boat still needs a few things and needs to be finished, but could easily be ready for you spring and summer cruising. Still needs a stove and a head. The current owner was going to put in a compost toilet. The old stove was in bad shape so he got rid of it.
- Full Batten main sail with 3 reef point
- 130% roller furling Genoa
- Storm trisail
- Storm jib with removable forestay
- All new life lines
- New standing and running rigging
- New chain plates
- New Jordon series drogue with Dynema bridle
- New 12ft offshore Para Tec anchor
- 4 man Switlick life raft
- New 33# Rocna anchor with rode and chain
- Danforth anchor with rode and chain
- 70# Luke storm anchor with rode and chain
- MSC anchor
- Mooring line
- Docklines mostly new
- New fenders
- Cockpit cushions
- Monitor Self steering wind vave
- 10ft Achilles dinghy with 3.3 hp Mercury outboard
- All LED lighting interior
- All new LED running and anchor lights
- New shaft, prop and cutlass bearing
- Lots of spare lines and full spare rigging
- Lots of spare parts and most everything to complete the boat.
- Needs a new stove and a head.
- Garmin 740S GPS Chart Plotter with Nav pod
- Autohelm Auto pilot
- VHF radio
- 12v Adler Barbour Refrigeration
- 12v LED lighting
- 12v wiring is complete
- 120v wiring still needs to be finished
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.