Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Rock Hall, Maryland|
|LOA||45 ft 6 in|
|Length at Water Line||30 ft 6 in|
|Max Draft||4 ft 11 in|
|Max Bridge Clearance||45 ft|
|Fuel Tanks||45 gal (Stainless Steel)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||110 gal (Stainless Steel)|
|Holding Tanks||28 gal (Other)|
PRELIMINARY LISTING! MORE PHOTOS AND INFORMATION SOON! INQUIRE!
A home run design by legendary boat builder Ted Gozzard, Adventuress incorporates classic styling, design, performance, sea keeping, comfort and safety for the cruising and sailing lifestyle.
Her cutter ketch rig, moderate draft, and full keel invite you to explore and take extended voyages to any desired destinations. You will find comfortable living, working, meal preparation, dining, sleeping and privacy accommodations to double your pleasure while aboard.
Those looking for a sharp looking affordable versatile cruising vessel should take a good look at Adventuress. She will comfortably and safely take you where you want to go.
About the Bayfield 40
The Bayfield cruiser line of sailboats were developed in the early 1970s at the Bayfield Boat Yard, Clinton, Ontario. The company produced a model line of 25, 29, 32, and 40-ft boats, all with the same distinctive traditional appearance, styling and performance. Legendary boat designer Ted Gozzard gave the Bayfield line of boats an L. Francis Herreshoff flavor.
Hull and Deck
The Bayfield 40 is true sea boat that is a timeless and classic design incorporating safety, performance, comfort and styling features. Her decks, bulwarks and deck hardware are substantial allowing for secure sailing and working in any seaway. Her stunning clipper bow, butterfly hatch, overhanging stern and railed cockpit add to her looks and livability. The clever companionway features easy entry louvered double doors with hinged double screen doors and a sliding companionway screen.
Sails and Rigging
The cutter ketch rig is the perfect combination for versatile, safe and any condition weather sailing. All lines are lead aft making single or double handing simple and safe.
Forward is a large centerline head with walk in shower stall, and lockers and shelving for necessities, linens, towels and toiletries. To starboard is an ample counter with sink with very generous storage areas. The head is nicely ventilated with over head hatches and opening ports. Aft is a hanging locker with drawer and fiddle counter top that contains the air conditioning unit.
To port is a well organized and spacious galley. With stainless sink, ample lockers, storage spaces, counter and working surfaces, meal planning and preparation is pleasurable and safe for any cook or chef at anchor or in a seaway.
The nav station is aft of the galley featuring a spacious chart table, drawers for storage and instrument and electrical panels. The innovative nav seat has storage underneath and can be flipped to allow for more seating at the dinnette.
The considerable dinette is horseshoe shaped with storage underneath and behind. An insert makes the dinette a large and comfortable double berth. There is plenty of storage in lockers, shelving and drawers. Leaves for the dinette can be added or removed for guests or intimate dining.
There are two identical staterooms aft. Each cabin features a large double berth with spacious accommodations, head room and stretch room. The cabins can be closed off or opened by a pocket door. There are privacy panels that cleverly pull up to further close the cabins off from the salon, nav station and dinette. Dressers, drawers and lockers provide plenty of stowage space. The staterooms are generously ventilated by fans and opening ports.
Hull & Deck
- Bruce #44 anchor with 30' chain and 200' rode
- #35 plow anchor
- SL Horizon 1500 windlass with handheld control and remote at helm
- Zodiac Inflatable with Mercury 2.5 HP outboard
- Custom teak toe rails
- Teak butterfly hatch
- Teak cockpit taffrail
- Companionway double teak doors
- Companionway screen doors and slider
- Atkins & Hoyle dinghy davits
- Double vinyl coated lifelines
- Port and stb boarding gates
- Stb folding boarding ladder
Sails, Rigging & Canvas
- New winter cover (2018)
- Lines cleaned and/or replaced as needed (2018)
- Harken roller furling
- Meade 110 jib
- Quantum mainsail
- Lazy jacks
- Tides Marine Strong Track system
- Harken mainsheet traveler
- Single spreader aluminum spars
- Lewmar 7 winches on both masts
- Lewmar 2SP40ST primary winches
- Lewmar 2SP30ST secondary winches
- (5) Lewmar 2SP16 winches on coach roof
- Dodger with connect panel
- Bimini with window
- Full cockpit enclosure
- New zippers on canvas (2019)
Electronics, Navigation, Audio & Entertainment
- ICOM M422 VHF radio with DSC at helm
- Magellan 3000XL GPS at helm
- Datamarine wind, speed/log and depth
- Datamarine AWI repeater at nav
- Apelco 265 fish finder
- Raytheon RX20 radar
- Raytheon radar dome with SS guard
- Raystar 390 GPS
- ICOM IC-M55 VHF at nav
- Dual XD1222 AM/FM/CD player
- JVC speakers in salon
- Jensen cockpit speakers
Electrical & Mechanical
- Rudder and shaft removed. Cutlass bearing replaced (2018)
- Replace coupling bolts (2018)
- Replace hose on stuffing box(2018)
- Propane Solenoid Repaired (2018)
- Marine Aire 16,000 BTU reverse cycle heat and air
- High water bilge alarm at helm
- Electric bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
- Water pump (2019)
- Hot water heater high pressure relief valve (2019)
- (2) 4D gel house batteries
- Lead/acid Group 36 starting battery
- ProNautic 12-60P battery charger
- EMS 135 amp high output alternator
- Balmar 612 regulator
- Link 20 battery monitor
- Battery parallel switch
- Deck light
- (2) 30 amp shore power connections
- (2) 30 amp power cords
Head & Plumbing
- Raritan PS II manual head Rebuilt (2019)
- Raw water pump rebuilt (2018)
- 28 gallon Nauti-bladder holding tank
- SS sink
- Faucet with single lever mixer
- Separate molded fiberglass shower stall
- Hot and cold shower with long hose that can extend to deck
- Teak shower grate and grab bar
- Electric shower sump
- SS water tank
- Hot and cold pressure water
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.