Presented For Sale By:
|Length at Water Line||34 ft 10 in|
|Beam||12 ft 8 in|
|Max Draft||5 ft 11 in|
|Min. Draft||5 ft 11 in|
|Displacement (Full Load)||28000 lb|
|Max Bridge Clearance||64 ft|
|Cabin Headroom||6 ft 7 in|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||998|
|Designer||Sparkman & Stephens|
|Builder||Lyman-Morse Boatbuilding, Inc.|
|Fuel Tanks||2 x 25 gal (Aluminum)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||2 x 50 gal (GRP)|
|Holding Tanks||1 x 35 gal (GRP)|
Massive Price Drop by $50,000
Magic has just been launched and rigged and new jib delivered. Prepping to race in the upcoming Camden Classics Cup!
Magic, one of the renowned Seguins 44s built by Lyman-Morse, is on the market after a major refit and years of family cruising. Continuing to be maintained and cared for by Lyman-Morse. The refit spanned three years with sailing in Maine every summer and one winter in the Bahamas. Here are some highlights from the refit: new paint job(hull, deck and rig), new keel, new rudder, new sails, new rigging, new electronics.
Designed for speed and safety by the famous Olin Stephens. Magic was always a great sailboat for short handed sailing and full crew racing. The new custom carbon spade rudder and bulb keel by Jim Taylor only made her better.
Her interior is spacious with great sea keeping abilities and aesthetics are unmatched. Whether offshore for 10 days or hunkered down in a protected anchorage Magic is all function and the ultimate comfort. The cabin heater and comfortable suede cushions make her the home you never want to leave.
"Magic" is a beautiful and extremely functional custom cruising yacht. The hull is designed for speed and safety. Short handed sailing is not a problem aboard Magic. Her interior is spacious with great sea keeping abilities. Blue suede cushions and an elegant kerosene stove centered in the salon make her warm and inviting. Her aesthetics are unmatched, yet simple.
Heading below the aft facing Nav. Station is immediately to starboard with the guest cabin to port. The "C" shape galley is just forward of the guest cabin with the centerline countertops doubling as the engine box. There is additional counterspace and galley storage directly to starboard in addition to a hanging locker and more cabinets.
Then we move forward into the salon. There are full length port and starboard settees that double as sea berths with a beautiful custom salon table with large leafs and interior storage. On the starboard side the is a large outboard sea berth and on port the are book shelves and more cabinets. On the forward bulkhead is the kerosene cabin stove with a tile backing.
Continuing forward we may have the most important part of the vessel, the elegant custom liquor locker on starboard, accompanied by a set of drawers and cedar lined hanging locker.
Across the walkway is the head, that is set up with an overhead hatch, port light, fan and shower head. Owners have installed a new Tecma head.
Finally, the owner's cabin. The cabin has ample storage and a traditional "V" berth with insert. The cabin has a large hatch overhead for circulation and an added exit.
New Rudder and Keel
You have to love boat yards. They know how to make boats better. The owner of Magic wanted to sail more comfortably, faster, have better handling, so he called up Jim Taylor Design and came up with a plan. The guys in the yard got out the chain saw and cut of the old skeg hung rudder, dropped out the center board and went to work upgrading this already wonderful sailing yacht.
She now has a carbon fiber spade rudder with new upper and lower bearings, a new larger steering quadrant and all new steering cables. The keel now has a lead bulb at 5'11" and the sailing has never been better.
Magic's galley is a proper off-shore space. Everything is within reach, enough space to make wonderful meals, and storage cubbies for the long passages.
- C-shape galley with formica counters and teak lids
- Three burner gimballed Dickerson propane stove and oven.
- New Large Seafrost refrigeration.(2017)
- Lots of storage.
Engine and drive system
Magic's year (2020) started off with a valve job, compression test and new turbo. Best way to keep a boat happy. Oil samples are taken every year on engine and transmission.
- New turbo(2020)
- Remove and clean aftercooler(2020)
- New Raw water sea strainer and hoses(2020)
- Remove, clean and paint mixing elbow(2020)
- New throttle(2018)
- New exhaust hoses(2018)
- New PSS dripless shaft seal(2018)
- New strut cutlass bearing(2018)
- Max Prop out for service(2018)
- New Tank Tender (2017)
In 2018 the owner had a new electronics package installed. System was professionally installed by Lyman-Morse head of electronics with a NMEA 2000 backbone.
- New Raymarine HybridTouch Multi Function Display in cockpit(2018)
- New 2x Raymarine ST2 90 in cockpit(2018)
- New Raymarine i70 Wind Indicator in cockpit(2018)
- 2x Raymarine ST-60 Multi and Tridata displays at Nav. station
- Raymarine ST7000 display at Nav. station
- Raymarine ST7002 auto pilot at helm and nav. station with remote
- New Raymarine A50 Chartplotter at Nav. station(2018)
- New iCOM IC-M3246 in Nav. station(2018)
- New Hydraulic Auto-pilot ram(2018)
- Ritchie Compass
- 12 volt system
- New 2 solar panels(2017)
- 3 Gel house batteries with a total capacity of 720 AH
- Heart interface link 2000-R
- Inverter panel
In 2017 Magic's teak deck got a complete make over. Because Lyman-Morse put down a thick teak deck bedded and fastened with 5200, there have been no issues over all the years sailing with any of the Seguins. Over the winter of 2017-2018 Lyman-Morse:
- Reefed out and reseamed the whole deck
- Sanded it down smooth
- Removed all the fasteners, sealed and rebunged
- Caulked with TDS gray
- Maxwell 1200 windlass
- 35lb.CQR on bow roller with 250' chain
- 37lb. Danforth HT on 18' chain with 250' nylon rode
- 12lb. Danforth
- Luke with chain and rode
- Bomar hatches
- Varnished dorade boxes with chrome cowls
- Teak deck over laminated double layered marine plywood
- Varnished cabin sides, coaming, companionway.
Paint and Varnish
Practically every bit of surface on Magic has been painted or varnished in the last three years.
- 2019: Mast and Boom Awlgripped
- 2019, 2018, 2017: Two coats of varnish on all exterior brightwork
- 2019, 2017: Sand and two coats of anti-fouling paint
- 2017: Topside Awlgripped
- 2017: Cockpit and cabin house Awlgripped
- 2017: Lazarette and sail locker painted
- 2017: Bilges painted
- 2020 Assymetrical Spinnaker
- 2017 New Jib
- 2014 Maine Sailing Partners Fully battened main. Light use
- 2014 Maine Sailing Partners 115% roller furling Genoa. Light use
- 1983 North Sails 95% roller furling Genoa. Excellent condition
- 1983 North Sails hank on Staysail. Excellent condition
- 1983 North Sails Storm Trysail and Storm Staysail. Never used
- 1985 North Sails Cruising spinaker in sock.
- 1985 North Sails Tri-radial 3/4oz.spinaker in sock. Little use
- Barients 36 primaries
- Barients 28 secondaries
- Barients 27 Traveller
- Antal W46 electric for main furler.
- New Dodger(2017)
- New Bimini extension to dodger(2017)
- New exterior cushion covers(2017)
- New Binnacle cover(2017)
- New Leisure Furl sail cover(2017)
- New Awning(2017)
- All safety gear will not be include with the sail of Magic.
- Personal effects.
All speeds, measurements, capacities, consumptions, etc. may be approximate or estimated. Specifications provided for information only. Data was obtained from sources believed to be reliable and is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes the responsibility to ascertain the correctness of all data contained herein and otherwise provided and must instruct his agent and surveyors to confirm all details for accuracy prior to purchase. Subject to prior sale, price and inventory change, or withdrawal from market without notice.