Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Make||Tashiba (Baba, Ta Shing)|
|Location||Rock Hall, Maryland|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||2 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||3400|
"CARAVELA", a 1986 Tashiba 36 built by Ta Shing Yacht Building is extensively equipped for world cruising. A great set up for four people: with a private aft stateroom; fiberglass decks and nice electronics. Offered by a serious seller, stored on land in Rock Hall, Md where she is easy to see
Accommodations and Overview
Starting forward is the owner´s cabin with a very large V-berth.. This cabin has drawers, hanging locker, opening overhead hatch and a custom mattress.
Next aft is the head located to starboard. A marble counter top adds class while a separate stall shower with custom privacy door adds utility. This is something that is hard to find on a good cruising boat of this age and length. It´s a feature that was well ahead of it´s time. There is also a large mirrored medicine cabinet.
The main salon features a straight settee to port, which can double as a single berth, and an "L" shaped dinette to starboard with a "Starburst" table that can be lowered making a double berth for additional guests. There is also a separate table extension for this dining table allowing seating for six.
To port of the companionway is the great galley with charming and traditional "keyhole" bulkhead. To starboard of the companionway and slightly forward is the aft facing nav station, sharing the end of the starboard settee and the entrance to the spacious aft cabin.
- Caravela has absolutely beautiful teak joinery.
- She is designed for livaboard cruising with features like a separate stall shower and top opening refrigerator. These may seem simple but, are what I hear over and over from people wanting to cruise.
- She has a deep, safe cockpit and good canvas.
- Her split rig allows a sail plan for any weather.
- She has a full keel and NO teak decks.
- Beautiful Butterfly hatch in Main Salon
- 13 Bronze opening ports with screens
- Screens for all hatches
- Separate custom teak screen for companionway doors
- She is homey and has nice touches like Ultrasuede cushions in the main salon, trawler oil lamp, fans and a propane heater in the salon.
Caravela has a "U" shaped galley to port of the companionway. It is a safe, secure place to work.
- Double bowl stainless steel sinks
- Hot and Cold pressure water plus fresh and salt water whales
- Top loading dry storage hold
- Great storage
- Broadwater Stainless Steel four burner propane stove with oven and broiler
- Top loading Sea Frost engine drive/110V refrigerator and freezer
Sails & Rigging
Caravela has an extruded aluminum mast and boom. She is a cutter rig, which allows greater versatility in varrying weather condiitons.
- Fully battened mainsail with two reef points and lazy jacks - New 2008
- Offshore staysail on Harken furler - New 2005
- 125%Genoa on Harken furler - 2007
- Storm trisail and separate mast track
- Storm Jib that can be attached to furled staysail
- Two main halyards, two genoa halyards and one staysail halyard
- Spare light wind staysail
- Down wind poles for both headsail and staysail
- Running back stays
Deck and Hull
Caravela has a good, deep cockpit, high bulwarking, double lifelines and good handholds.
- No Teak Decks!!
- Port and Starboard side gates
- Boom gallows
- Dodger, bimini and connecting panel in green Sunbrella
- Mainsail cover in green Sunbrella
- (2) Side skirts in green Sunbrella
- (2) Stern skirts in green Sunbrella
- Boom tent and fore deck tent to shade when at anchor
- Cockpit cushions
- Double anchor rollers
- Oversized Maxwell 3500 VWC Electric Windlass with Capstan
- Sea water washdown at bow
- 45LB Manson Galvainzed Supreme Anchor with 200ft of chain and 20ft rode
- 35LB CQR with 25ft chain and 225ft rode
- 25LB Danforth with 25ft chain and 225ft rode
- Heavy duty bridle for anchoring
- Dinghy davits
- Teak cockpit table with fold down leaves
- B&G Knot, Depth, Wind Speed/ Wind Direction at helm with repeater at Nav Station
- B&G Below decks mounted Type 2 linear drive/hydraulic Autopilot
- Raytheon radar
- Magellan GPS at Nav Station
- ICOM802 SSB with Autotuner (can be used as Ham, also)
- Pactor III Modem
- Yaesu FT- 2600 Ham Radio at Nav Station
- ICOM M59 VHF
- ICOM M304 Submersible VHF at Helm
Caravela has full 12V and 110V services. She has full interior lighting and navigational lights.
- Batteries: 6 total house and start batteries set for replacements, to be determined with new owner input.
- Two battery selector switches and isolator
- 2000 watt Freedom inverter/charger
- 30 AMP shore power inlet
- 50´ 30 AMP shore power cord
- (5) 110V outlets
- 140 AMP alternator
Engine & Mechanical Equipment
- Original 44HP Yanmar was replaced 12/1994 with new 51HP 4JH2 diesel engine with 3400 well maintained hours, per engine hour meter in port lazarette. Total hours for original plus replacement engine are logged in hour meter installed in engine panel in aft cockpit.
- Engine replaced in 1994 with current Yanmar
- Two blade propeller with spurs
- Manual and electric bilge pumps
- Manual head with "Y" valve and hand waste discharge pump from holding tank
Safety and Additional Equipment
- Switlik life raft MD-6 (needs new cert)
- Web Jack Lines
- (4) Tethers and harnesses
- Emergency Tiller
- Dock Lines, Fenders and Coast Guard Gear
- Inflatable Vests
- Bolt Cutters
- Bilge high Water Alarm
- Blipper radar reflector
- Dual fog horn with momentary button in engine conrol box in cockpit
- Stainless Steel folding swim boarding ladder
- Chart kit for Chesapeake
- Rail mount for outboard
- Owners manual, etc. and full set of blue prints