Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|LOA||34 ft 6 in|
|Length at Water Line||30 ft|
|Beam||11 ft 9 in|
|Min. Draft||4 ft 3 in|
|Dry Weight||12550 lb|
|Max Bridge Clearance||52 ft|
|Cabin Headroom||6 ft 2 in|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Fuel Tanks||25 gal (Aluminum)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||2 x 71 gal (Plastic)|
|Holding Tanks||20 gal|
2-Private Cabins, Shoal Draft Wing Keel, Tall Rig, Lots of Updates & Turn-Key!
Honu, a 1987 Catalina 34 Sloop is an excellent example of one of Catalina’s best selling yachts, has many recent upgrades and is maintained to a high standard by her knowledgeable owner. Many systems are new or in excellent condition. Updates include: 2014 sails, electrical wiring, 2@ 130W Solar Panels & Smart Regulator, Hot Water heater, navigation systems, air conditioning/heating, refrigeration, V-berth cushions, and complete cockpit enclosure along with current engine and preventive maintenance are examples of the care and upgrades this yacht has received.
This 34 Catalina Sloop 1987 is the perfect cruising boat for day cruising, island hopping, or sailing to the Bahamas. The boat is outfitted to live off the grid and provide a safe and comfortable passage. Honu’s shallow draft and shorter mast height has taken previous owners in and around the Bahamas, Florida Keys and the ICW with ease.
If you are looking for a well-maintained and updated 34' Sloop that is exceptionally clean and priced to be the next Catalina 34 to sell; call today to schedule a personal inspection. You won't be disappointed!
As soon as you descend the stairway from the companionway, you'll quickly see why this 34' Catalina Sloop model has been so popular and and a trend-setter in its class for several decades. Satin-varnished teak cabinetry and beautiful teak and holley sole add warmth and charm to this spacious salon with a wrap-around dinette to starboard and long settee to port at midships.
This 1987 Catalina 34 Sloop is an excellent example of this model. To Starboard of the companionway is the L-shaped well-equipped Galley and further aft is a solid teak door leading to the Aft Stateroom with a queen berth area, and 3 opening ports providing plenty of light and ventilation when you don't need the A/C running. Current owners use this for storage and buyers will need to add cushions to return this area to a bed.
To Port of the companionway stairs is the spacious Head with solid teak privacy door, standing headroom, a Jabsco Manual Toilet with Y-Valve & holding tank, a vanity with sink, and teak-covered seat in the middle area designated for the shower with a curtain.
Forward of the Head is the Nav Table, with Electrical panels above, battery & Solar panel monitors and controls, as well as the VHF and Stereo Radios. Forward is the full berth-size settee with bookshelf storage above and additional storage under and behind the cushions.
Moving forward past the Dinette is the private solid door leading to the V-Berth which has a book shelf raised above the berth all the way forward, and night tables with storage drawers and cabinets on each side of the berth aft. In 2015 the Custom V-Berth Cushions with Fitted Sheets were redesigned and replaced by Island Nautical with 2 piece V-berth cushions (5” foam plus 2” memory foam) with fitted sheets.
There is an opening Bomar Deck Hatch above the entrance to the V-berth and the entire interior is cooled or heated as necessary by the MarineAir 12,000 BTU System with multiple vents. All lighting in the interior is upgraded to LED, including indirect rope lighting along the perimeter of the salon area.
Conveniently located Aft to Starboard next to the companionway stairs, the well-equipped Galley has an upgraded 12V Refrigeration system, upgraded faucet, and appliances to make the Chef's job a pleasure. The Galley of this Catalina 34 Sloop 1987 features:
L-Shaped and easy maneuverability while underway
Fridge/Freezer: 12V Nova Kool System with 3 Cold Plates
- Bella Click2Cook Butane Stove
- Oster Toaster Oven
Magma SS Propane BBQ Grill – new 2015
Dual SS Deep Sinks
Grohe Goose-Neck Faucet with H/C Water
Under-Sink Water Filtration System
6 Gal. Hot Water Heater (engine & shorepower heated)
Storage Above and Below Countertops
Sails and Rigging
New Doyle Sails (10/2014 Island Nautical $4975.50)
- Loose-Footed Doyle full batten main,
- 150% Furling Genoa,
- Lazy Jacks installed and Mainsail Cover modified to fit Lazy Jacks.
- Merriman Genoa furling system reconditioned
- New blocks replaced & Upgraded
- A complete rigging inspection performed by Pasadena Yacht Services in 2015.
- All lines and halyards left aft to cockpit
- 2 Lewmar 46 ST 2-Spd Primary Winches
- 2 Lewmar 30 Control/Halyard Winches; 1 @ ST & 2-Spd
Navigation and Electronics
This 34 Catalina Sloop 1987 is well-equipped for bluewater cruising with upgraded Raymarine Electronics for safety and convenience.
NavPod Grand Prix System installed 2009 ($4687.31) includes the following Raymarine items:
- C80 Color GPS/Radar System Pack
- 218 VHF Radio with DSC & Hailer Speaker/Horn
- Cobra Hand-Held 350 Floating VHF Radio & Charger
- 2nd Station Remote Mic
- ST60 Digital Wind Speed/Direction Display
- ST70 Linear Drive (below deck Ram) Autopilot System
- Radome Scanner (24 mile Radar)
- Ritchie Powerdamp Compass in Edson Pedestal Binnacle
- 24" Vizio Flat Screen TV
- Sony Stereo
- Bose Stereo Speakers in Interior
- West Marin Stereo Speakers in Cockpit
Hull and Deck
This 1987 Catalina 34 Sloop has stood the test of time, with shiny original gelcoat on the deck as well as the hull; no gelcoat crazing, and a dry hull with no osmotic blistering.As a preventive measure, the hull was sanded to remove all bottom paint in 2015 and two coats of epoxy barrier coating were applied.
New Full Cockpit Enclosure (including side curtains new 07/2011 - $4487.49)
- Custom Self-Supporting Dodger & Bimini and Frame (Stamoid material) with integrated Solar Panel frame.
- Custom Dodger Sun Covers for Acrylic Windshield Panels
- Sunbrella Winch & Hatch Covers (2015)
- 2 Nicro Solar Vents
- West Marine folding Sunbrella-Covered Cockpit Cushions (2)
- New Furling Blocks
- New Genoa Sheet Blocks
- Smoked Acrylic Opening Port Sun/Rain Visors
- Magma SS Propane Grill with Cover
- Quick Set Plow & Fortress FX-16 anchors with– 50’ chain, 200’ ½ inch Nylon Rode
- 2 Ventilation Deck Dorades
- LifeSling-2 MOB System
- Manual Bilge Pump in Cockpit
- 9 Opening Lewmar Ports
- 2 Bomar Opening Deck Hatches
- Transom-Mounted SS Folding Swim Ladder with Teak Steps
- Outboard Motor Storage Pad on Stern Rail
- 2 Mid-ship Pop-Up SS Cleats
- SS Stanchions, Bow & Stern Rails, & Double Lifelines
Honu is a 1987 Catalina 34 Sloop with an upgraded 12V electrical system designed to make battery management convenient and easy with plenty of power while underway and when cruising.Electrical System (Redesigned 03/2011): Solar Panels including:
- Solar Panels (2) 130W Kyocera with Solar Boost 2000E tracking system
- Alternator: 100 amp
- Xantrex Charge Regulator
- Engine Wiring Harness (new 2010)
- Xantrex TrueCharge Multi-Stage 20Amp Battery Charger
- Battery Monitor: Victron.
- Charge Controller: Blue Sky Solar Boost 2000E (2011)
- LED Lighting Interior Cabin installed 10/2014
- Battery system updated with: Starter: 12V Flooded with Echo Charger (House: (4) Golf Cart/480 AMP hrs.
- Cruisair A/C with1200 SMX II Digital Controller (new 2003) – 12,000 BTU air conditioning/heating unit.
- Nova-Kool 12V Refrigeration with 3 Cooling Plates in the Refrigerator – new 2011
- Seaward Water Heater (new installed 10/2011)
Engine and Mechanical
Cleanliness is relative on many boats when it comes to the engine room but when you remove the companionway stairs and well-insulated engine enclosure on this 1987 Catalina 34 Sloop, you will see one of the cleanest and well-maintained Universal M25 Diesel engines in any Sailboat. Engine and mechanical feature include:
- Universal M25XP 23hp Diesel with upgraded Alternator
- Full engine instrumentation in the cockpit
- Racor water-separator fuel filter
- Engine-heated 6 Gal. hot water heater
- ShureFlo Pressure Water Pump
- 12V & Manual Bilge Pumps
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.